Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Registered republican.
Oh you’re one of those “literally Hitler” unless I’m in lockstep with every one of your Stalinist ideas 🙄

😜

The US and gun violence. Is there a more iconic pair in the western world?

Left wing and political violence? Though broader than just the West to be fair.

Some of the reactions are really disturbing. Straight to conspiracy theory or wishing he was killed...wow. No better than the right wing nuts you make fun of.

Left wing and political violence? Though broader than just the West to be fair.

Some of the reactions are really disturbing. Straight to conspiracy theory or wishing he was killed...wow. No better than the right wing nuts you make fun of.
Yes, wishing for someone to die is really disturbing.

Some people really need a good hard look in the mirror.

Imagine being such a loser that even when trying to kill someone you end up dead instead.
100% this! the real winners that usually murder campaigners are alive and kicking goals

America as a nation has created the foundation for such things to occur. They will claim political leaders should not be shot at, and the world will react in shock, but the truth is, the reason they give for the "second amendment" is the idea that the government will be afraid of the people (so as to not infringe on them) and for the people to deter/act against any tyrannical threat from said government. "Arms" in this case aren't ones that project rainbows or spawn flowers.

When you have such a culture, then of course you're going to have people who will take the reason behind it at the extreme literal sense and act against what they percieve as tyrannical to them. It doesn't make it right, but that is what the culture and amendment's existence alludes to. To have such a culture but then act shocked at the consenquence it breeds is hypocritical.

That's something most people don't get, they try to impose/apply their view of what should be morally right in regards to what is a unique layout of a nation that the United States built itself from (obviously stemming from the paranoia that was a byproduct of their hatred for ruling kings in the aftermath of the war of independence).

On another note, regardless of political stances or policies, there has never really been a president who has created doubt/generated paranoia in the elections/government itself like Trump has, so as to undermine the very essence of it. Leaders have accepted results, and even in the case of Nixon who was outsted, they have moved to the wayside rather than painting the running of the country as corrupt. Trump is pretty much the first that has gone chips-in in raising doubt over the fairness over what is meant to be the pillar for a nation, in the hope that it will work in his favour. It is an unprecedented moment for the country.

America as a nation has created the foundation for such things to occur. They will claim political leaders should not be shot at, and the world will react in shock, but the truth is, the reason they give for the "second amendment" is the idea that the government will be afraid of the people (so as to not infringe on them) and for the people to deter/act against any tyrannical threat from said government. "Arms" in this case aren't ones that project rainbows or spawn flowers.

When you have such a culture, then of course you're going to have people who will take the reason behind it at the extreme literal sense and act against what they percieve as tyrannical to them. It doesn't make it right, but that is what the culture and amendment's existence alludes to. To have such a culture but then act shocked at the consenquence it breeds is hypocritical.

That's something most people don't get, they try to impose/apply their view of what should be morally right in regards to what is a unique layout of a nation that the United States built itself from (obviously stemming from the paranoia that was a byproduct of their hatred for ruling kings in the aftermath of the war of independence).

On another note, regardless of political stances or policies, there has never really been a president who has created doubt/generated paranoia in the elections/government itself like Trump has, so as to undermine the very essence of it. Leaders have accepted results, and even in the case of Nixon who was outsted, they have moved to the wayside rather than painting the running of the country as corrupt. Trump is pretty much the first that has gone chips-in in raising doubt over the fairness over what is meant to be the pillar for a nation, in the hope that it will work in his favour. It is an unprecedented moment for the country.
Andrew Jackson says hello

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At Trumps next rally you can't have on your possession, within a mile of the stadium, amongst other things, a sword, explosives, fireworks, drones, mace or that most evil of projectiles, tennis balls.

But by christ you can have your concealed or unconcealed firearm on you, no worries!.

God bless America.

Given what's been alleged I don't think even Dan would stand in the way of an absolute shitcanning of the CFMEU
Albo has wanted to go after them for ages but Andrews has always stood in the way .
The CFMEU riots over Covid vaccines was a direct result of Sekta staying aligned with Andrews.
Everything that has been reported has been going on under Andrews watch . Setka became what he is while Andrews was in power.
My job is 100% delivering to building sites. As a TWU member I have no issues but any of Andrews big build projects are totally CFMEU run to the point they have run other unions off site . The ETU has been the only one not effected .
If Andrews was still around the story would have come out but any inquiry would be half arsed.
The manufacturing branch is only speaking out because they convinced federal Labour to introduce a bill to allow them to break away.
All of this has been going on for 10 years and Andrews knew exactly what was going on .

Albo has wanted to go after them for ages but Andrews has always stood in the way .
The CFMEU riots over Covid vaccines was a direct result of Sekta staying aligned with Andrews.
Everything that has been reported has been going on under Andrews watch . Setka became what he is while Andrews was in power.
My job is 100% delivering to building sites. As a TWU member I have no issues but any of Andrews big build projects are totally CFMEU run to the point they have run other unions off site . The ETU has been the only one not effected .
If Andrews was still around the story would have come out but any inquiry would be half arsed.
The manufacturing branch is only speaking out because they convinced federal Labour to introduce a bill to allow them to break away.
All of this has been going on for 10 years and Andrews knew exactly what was going on .
I wish you and my old man would go have a beer together somewhere. I'd love to be a fly on the wall 🤣

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

was always going to happen. hopefully it was his own decision but i just can't imagine that being the case.

while broadly speaking it's a good thing that has happened, i daresay that it's too little, too late. the blunder at the debate & the failed assassination attempt has almost locked the victory in for trump.

was always going to happen. hopefully it was his own decision but i just can't imagine that being the case.

while broadly speaking it's a good thing that has happened, i daresay that it's too little, too late. the blunder at the debate & the failed assassination attempt has almost locked the victory in for trump.
Unless Trump dies!

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back