Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

call me a cynic but i'd have more hope in us winning a final this season than trump getting whacked at this stage
I don’t think assassination attempts are anywhere near finished IMO.

He’s not in great shape either, it just gets overlooked by his supporters
“"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," said Dr. Harold N. Bornstein, a gastroenterologist from Lenox Hill Hospital in New York.”

Definitely not written by Donald Trump.

Attachments

• IMG_6616.webp
    42 KB · Views: 1
I don't understand why someone trying to kill him and failing is good for his numbers. Swing voters will vote for him now because they feel sorry for him?
it shows the undecided voters that the big evil [filler] is trying to stop him from saving america!!!

Agreed. So why are people claiming it's basically assured him victory?

Are those people Trump supporters for the most part? I think a lot of the pro-Trump cohort believe it's proven them 'correct' for supporting him, but I can't see how undecided voters are going to be swung. Trump is pretty well known, he hasn't suddenly changed or become a better human being since the attempt.

I don't understand why someone trying to kill him and failing is good for his numbers. Swing voters will vote for him now because they feel sorry for him?
America love a:

Hero
War survivor
Martyr
Alpha

Take your pick

It also might lead to a higher % of those who support him to actually vote. This is a big factor when voting isn't compulsory.
This is my thinking too, especially with him being so popular throughout the bible belt. God has spoken, nothing can stop Trump, not even a bullet.

Are those people Trump supporters for the most part?
I couldn't say. Would make more sense if it was.
I think a lot of the pro-Trump cohort believe it's proven them 'correct' for supporting him, but I can't see how undecided voters are going to be swung. Trump is pretty well known, he hasn't suddenly changed or become a better human being since the attempt.
This is my thinking too which is why it's difficult to make sense of the claims.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I couldn't say. Would make more sense if it was.

This is my thinking too which is why it's difficult to make sense of the claims.

Still a few months before the election too, doubt he'll be able to maintain the 'saved by God, ordained by God' type line that long. He's almost certainly going to start spewing hateful rhetoric again in the near future, I can't see how he runs a campaign against Harris (if it's her) without relying on sexist or racist insults. He can't debate policy with her.

Still a few months before the election too, doubt he'll be able to maintain the 'saved by God, ordained by God' type line that long. He's almost certainly going to start spewing hateful rhetoric again in the near future, I can't see how he runs a campaign against Harris (if it's her) without relying on sexist or racist insults. He can't debate policy with her.
Have you heard of project 2025?

It’s classic political out-group creation and it’s pretty scary.

I think part of the logic is that you have crazies that wouldn't have voted. Now they have "proof" that Big Government is trying to wipe out Trump he must be returned to power.

Hence the crazies that wouldn't vote now will.

He did it against Hilary.

Edit: Ran a campaign I mean, not without sexist comments etc.

This is my thinking too, especially with him being so popular throughout the bible belt. God has spoken, nothing can stop Trump, not even a bullet.
I like the implication that god would stop a bullet for trump but couldn’t be arsed lifting a finger for the chuds sitting behind him

I like the implication that god would stop a bullet for trump but couldn’t be arsed lifting a finger for the chuds sitting behind him
They aren't "chosen."

he's god's holiest warrior, they're sinners who need to repent, it's as simple as that

He did it against Hilary.

Edit: Ran a campaign I mean, not without sexist comments etc.

Different situation IMO, back then he was more of an unknown outsider (politics wise) whereas now he's got a fair portion of the country that dislikes him and might just need to be convinced to come out and vote for a better candidate. Biden probably didn't represent that compelling an option, Harris might.

Plus, with all the extra things we know and have seen him do, his personal attacks would come across more distasteful.

US Election just got a lot closer.
Would've been a landslide for Trump if Biden stayed as the nominee.
Harris in my opinion is an underrated candidate, it's easy to forget she made massive inroads in the 2020 primaries before getting behind Biden. Trump will be Trump no matter what, but Harris will seem sensible next to him without the smugness that in part lost 2016 for Clinton. The fragility of Biden's candidacy made Trump's seem much stronger than it actually is. His base is loyal and loud, but it's still the 50% of independent voters that will decide the election.

I'd say it's back to a 50/50 race now. As we know US presidential elections aren't really national in our modern times as much as they are reliant on the results of ~5 swing states.
Pennsylvania is one of the most important of those states in question and I think that it'll probably go to Trump given he was shot there. JD Vance is Trump's pick to appeal to the rustbelt and I'd say it's certain Harris will choose a running mate from the same area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back