Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The Electoral College maths still is in Trump/Vance's favour. Democrats likely need to win all of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania as well as a couple of Nevada, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina. They have to spread theore resources more, whereas Trump can camp out in the rust belt.

Tim Walz VP candidate. Called it. Solidifies Minnesota, makes Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Ohio a lot closer.

I haven't seen much about it but wasn't it just shots heard nearby? Or was it more than that?
He’d set up a position next to Trump’s golf course and was shot at when the secret service noticed the gun poking out of the bushes.

Apparently he voted for trump in 2016, was pro Haley and Vivek, tried to buy a rocket off Elon Musk so he could bolt a warhead onto it and fire it at Putin’s mansion, tried to organise a bunch of mercenaries to go to Haiti to kill BBQ, and was arrested in the US 20 years ago for possessing ‘weapons of mass destruction’ among other things.

There’s probably not much point in trying to decipher the politics of a crazy person, but one does wonder how such an obviously insane individual can get their hands on firearms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

more firepower than sense

You think? I'm more cynical than that.

Were there many Rudd supporters who were also Abbott supporters? I'm talking about t-shirt wearers not swing voters who may have voted issues while holding their noses. Because it's T-Shirt wearers I am talking about here and even then I would say that the policy differences between Vivek and Hayley, and any of the MAGA Republicans v establishment Republicans, are much more pronounced than the difference between Rudd and Abbott (which boiled down to a few issues).

Perhaps my hyperbole will come unstuck, but I am quite serious in saying that the differences are extreme to the point that there is virtually no cross-over support of the candidates at the nomination level. That doesn't mean that there are not people who just vote Republican and may well have voted for either on the day. But that is not the reason we'd know the supposed politics of this latest MKULTRA victim would be assassin, is it? Does he sound like someone driven by his politics? Does the profile of a zealot strike anyone as the profile of someone who can believe in diametrically opposed causes within the same political cycle (and then go and try to kill the anti-establishment candidate)? This is the sort of bullshit I expect from the side of the debate which says that white supremacist violence is the biggest threat to America but then cannot find a nazi tattooed white supremacist who seems prepared enough to fire a gun at anyone in anger, except for that Mexican white supremacist from a few years ago...if only the regime could import some of those Azov Battalion fighters.

I'm willing to say there is no such thing as Vivek supporter who hasn't gotten behind Vivek's endorsement of Trump.

So we already know that a key part of the story is bullshit. Just like the MKULTRA victim supposed almost assassin Crooks, who, was a Republican, too.

P.S. Tone note intended to be rude or aggressive.

Last edited:
As I say, trying to decipher the politics of an obviously insane person is probably not terribly productive.

You ever notice how the obviously insane person never turns his gun on a political target who is inside the political establishment?

JFK, MLK, Malcolm X, RFK, Reagan and now Trump.

I suppose there were all of those times the racists took shots at Obama and narrowly missed.

You ever notice how the obviously insane person never turns his gun on a political target who is inside the political establishment?

I suppose there were all of those times the racists took shots at Obama and narrowly missed.

Trump is a billionaire (maybe) ex-POTUS who grew up wealthy. He's pretty establishment.

Perhaps, and I know this is crazy, being an incredibly divisive figure who stokes hatred and violence in a country full of guns is having the impact you'd expect it would.

lol at the Kennedys and Reagan not being part of the political establishment

Surely if there actually is some sort of deep state cabal they’d be able to rustle up better assassins than a couple of cooked units like these two. The US is crawling with army vets and hunters who can drop an insurgent/deer a mile away with the right equipment, why not get one of those guys if you really want your political rival unalived?

Surely if there actually is some sort of deep state cabal they’d be able to rustle up better assassins than a couple of cooked units like these two. The US is crawling with army vets and hunters who can drop an insurgent/deer a mile away with the right equipment, why not get one of those guys if you really want your political rival unalived?

My favourite is that Biden is simultaneously senile and incompetent, but also orchestrated voter fraud on a national scale to steal an election without any real evidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics The Hangar Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back