Movies & TV The Hangar TV Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone keen for brave new world?

My bar is very high as it's my favorite book, and I think there's a reason why any adaptation hasht quite happened in movie form.

But I'll go in with open mind
Yeah I read the book as curriculum in high school and enjoyed it. Have watched the trailer and have to say I'm a little hmmmmm about it. I will try to go in with an open mind too but someone else saying it's rubbish in the meantime might just be enough for me to give it a miss.

Yeah I read the book as curriculum in high school and enjoyed it. Have watched the trailer and have to say I'm a little hmmmmm about it. I will try to go in with an open mind too but someone else saying it's rubbish in the meantime might just be enough for me to give it a miss.

Think it's got a bit of sense 8 about it.... Got a hole? Eh, fill it with an orgy scene

Which ironically is probably how sordid the future is anyway

anyone watching SAS Australia?

im no reality TV guy - and i didnt intent to watch but its actually pretty compelling - i dont really care for the celebrities or whatever they are, i more get hooked on the dynamics. The SAS guys trying to break them down one by one, identifying faults and zeroing in - you almost end up rooting for the contestants to get like a little nod of acknowledgment or some kind of tip of the hat from them. Its not a bad watch

im no reality TV guy - and i didnt intent to watch but its actually pretty compelling - i dont really care for the celebrities or whatever they are, i more get hooked on the dynamics. The SAS guys trying to break them down one by one, identifying faults and zeroing in - you almost end up rooting for the contestants to get like a little nod of acknowledgment or some kind of tip of the hat from them. Its not a bad watch

Yeah I've been watching it and am enjoying it. Despite not knowing enough to have an opinion on her PED sentence from WADA have huge respect for Shayna Jack the way she got physically worked over in murder ball but kept getting up until it was done.

I'd like to see a non-celebrity version similar to what they did with the Navy Seals one in the US. You have no pre-conceived ideas about anyone, just take them on how they present, work and either survive or bail.

Yeah I've been watching it and am enjoying it. Despite not knowing enough to have an opinion on her PED sentence from WADA have huge respect for Shayna Jack the way she got physically worked over in murder ball but kept getting up until it was done.

I'd like to see a non-celebrity version similar to what they did with the Navy Seals one in the US. You have no pre-conceived ideas about anyone, just take them on how they present, work and either survive or bail.

You can see who the 'box tickers' were... You know tick the box, did that, took the selfie... The fraudulent human beings with a facade and nothing else. They were exposed instantly

They were mercilessly weeded out early. I'm keen to see the people of substance rise to the top, and not just off the back of pure athletic ability or physicality.

You can see who the 'box tickers' were... You know tick the box, did that, took the selfie... The fraudulent human beings with a facade and nothing else. They were exposed instantly

They were mercilessly weeded out early. I'm keen to see the people of substance rise to the top, and not just off the back of pure athletic ability or physicality.

The US Navy Seals had an older bloke, 43 years old I think he was, who was unnoticed early, then mid show you started to notice him as he was completely gassed after all the challenges but you could tell he had serious mental strength. He ended up being one of the 4 that completed the course of 30 odd that started it. He was just tough, managed to complete everything on time (just) but had mental clarity, he listened, and he could implement what they were taught throughout.

You just wanted him to succeed. I'm not sure who that person in this is yet as we haven't seen enough of the individuals yet. After about 6 episodes I reckon we'll start to see a clearer picture.

Last edited:
The US Navy Seals had an older bloke, 43 years old I think he was, who was unnoticed early, then mid show you started to notice him as he was completely gassed after all the challenges but you could tell he had serious mental strength. He ended up being one of the 4 that completed the course of 30 odd that completed it. He was just tough, managed to complete everything on time (just) but had mental clarity, he listened, and he could implement what they were taught throughout.

You just wanted him to succeed. I'm not sure who that person in this is yet as we haven't seen enough of the individuals yet. After about 6 episodes I reckon we'll start to see a clearer picture.

Hard to know if they thought shapelle was the one or they just told her she was resilient to squeeze another episode out of her for the money.

By the look of them when she told the human flesh story I reckon they knew she had more pressing issues than being able to run thru mud

Sounds like an Adelaide pre season camp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back