List Mgmt. The Hangover

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course we can.

Richmond debuted a convicted (and jailed) criminal in a Grand Final. Collingwood threw a lifeline to Andrew Krakouer who had also been jailed.

Dane Swan was convicted of assault and served 100 hours of community service.
Yes but those assaults were of men, and society does not view the assault of a man in the same way as they do a woman. Because reasons.

Because like any crime there are very wide scales of how serious these individual crimes are. You are using the term "ïndecent assault" very emotively.
As I said earlier, I’ll wait and see what happens.

No you've already said he'll be history if found guilty. Regardless of how serious the crime turned out to be or what the punishment would be. You've prejudged him.
I haven’t prejudged him at all. I’ve no idea what the finding will be. It is a serious crime though, so IF he is found guilty, there will be consequences for his continued employment at the club.
If you don’t believe that, then that’s your choice.

Yes but those assaults were of men, and society does not view the assault of a man in the same way as they do a woman. Because reasons.

How about we wait till we're aware of the actual circumstances of the charges before we start making definitive statement about him being out if found guilty though shall we.

I doubt we'll see more than 4 to 6 players departing and for good reason.

Firstly we will have to create a minimum of 3 or possibly 4 list spots just to ensure we can generate enough points to match a bid on Daicos without incurring any 1st round deficit for 2022. After matching that bid and using multiple picks in the process our remaining draft selections will all be taken at the latter stages of the national draft (or subsequent drafts) so I doubt we will be wanting to fill a host of vacant list positions under such circumstances.

We could of course choose to trade future selections after matching the Daicos bid and look to improve our draft hand for 2021 but who knows whether the club view that as a preferable option. We might well have to swap a future 3rd for a pick this season just to cover the cost of Daicos. If we were to trade away a future 2nd and/or 3rd round selection I'm personally leaning towards us identifying and targeting talented opposition players who are being under utilised and looking for greater opportunity.

Secondly, with a new coach in 2022 I'd be cautious not to make any rash decision on any young player or trade away any good player who might have some trade currency.

Personally I would want to see what their fortunes hold with a fresh voice and new approach before re-evaluating at the end of 2022.

Players aged 30 and over next season is where I'd start looking to generate vacancies and we may not have to prune any deeper than Greenwood, Mayne, Cox and Thomas.

Given the amount of player movement our club already witnessed last year, our lack of trade currency in terms of players we can afford to lose and the ongoing question mark over our salary cap situation we might well have to prepare ourselves for a trade/draft period that only see the additions of Daicos, Dib and a couple of moneyball selections.

How about we wait till we're aware of the actual circumstances of the charges before we start making definitive statement about him being out if found guilty though shall we.

Agree completely.

Who cares what the media think?

Its actually reverse racism to be playing that card, after the way the media applauded Richmond for giving Pickett a lifeline.

The media will have long moved on from whatever JDG verdict there is by the time the 2022 season rolls around.
Sadly too many people care what the media think - a great many of them on these pages.

I haven’t prejudged him at all. I’ve no idea what the finding will be. It is a serious crime though, so IF he is found guilty, there will be consequences for his continued employment at the club.

AFL and the club had already signed off on his continuing to play when this first came to their attention. There'd have to be a significant change in the circumstances of the case to merit them to change that view.

AFL and the club had already signed off on his continuing to play when this first came to their attention. There'd have to be a significant change in the circumstances of the case to merit them to change that view.
Well he’s been charged. I’d say that’s a pretty big change.

Well he’s been charged. I’d say that’s a pretty big change.

Not necessarily, but it suits your prejudged position I guess to think that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily, but it suits your prejudged position I guess to think that.
What’s not necessary? He is up on a charge and will be judged very soon!

Depends on your definition of serious . You’re keeping your options open there.

Make your mind up. You said guilty and he’s out.

What if ( as many suspect) if he’s found guilty he gets a good behaviour bond? Where’s your moral stance there? If he’s guilty, He’s out?
If he’s guilty, he’s out.

Make your mind up. You said guilty and he’s out.

What if ( as many suspect) if he’s found guilty he gets a good behaviour bond? Where’s your moral stance there? If he’s guilty, He’s out?
If found guilty, the most common sentence for sexual assault is a community corrections order, followed by prison or a combination of the two. Every case is different. Suggest waiting for the case to be heard and decided is the best approach for all.

Luckily Dane Swan wasn’t delisted when he was Guilty. But that wasn’t sexual assault so I guess it doesn’t classify as serious enough for the moral judges

Remove this Banner Ad

Back