"The home of football"

Remove this Banner Ad

That's the point. Bigfooty has this obsession with fairness, but for something like this, the idea of fairness doesn't matter because tradition or it makes the league the most money. Excuses that the posters offering them would laugh at in other discussions.
What about fair to the 50,000 people that'd miss out if it was at Adelaide Oval?

I wouldn't mind seeing it rotated among the venues with a large enough capacity. It needs to be sorted out before the season starts though.
If that means two Vic sides play the GF at an 80k Perth venue, so be it. (Yes, I know the new stadium isn't going to have that capacity, its a hypothetical that won;t happen for 30-odd years anyway). It would be no different to getting a Western Derby GF now and playing it in Melbourne.

I wouldn't mind seeing it rotated among the venues with a large enough capacity. It needs to be sorted out before the season starts though.
If that means two Vic sides play the GF at an 80k Perth venue, so be it. (Yes, I know the new stadium isn't going to have that capacity, its a hypothetical that won;t happen for 30-odd years anyway). It would be no different to getting a Western Derby GF now and playing it in Melbourne.
Be interested to see what kind of crowd a West Coast v Port Adelaide GF gets at ANZ Stadium.

Mate, it's been that way for ever. Stop sulking and get on with it.

I for one really don't give a **** where it is played, it's a day for barbecues and mates.

We don't currently have an equal competition and how do you propose that the AFL "break" their contract?

Buy out the contract. If they want to get rid of COLA to make it a fair competition, then I don't see why this isn't another logical step in the process of equalisation.

It's not really that big of an advantage;

1991 - Hawthorn d West Coast
1992 - West Coast d Geelong
1994 - West Coast d Geelong
1996 - North d Sydney
1997 - Adelaide d St. Kilda
1998 - Adelaide d North
2001 - Brisbane d Essendon
2002 - Brisbane d Collingwood
2003 - Brisbane d Collingwood
2007 - Geelong d Port
2012 - Sydney d Hawthorn
2013 - Hawthorn d Freo

Victorians - 4 wins
Non-Victorian - 8 wins

That is like using raw free kick numbers to determine who got the rub of the green umpiring. Just because the interstate side won, it doesn't mean the Victorian side wasn't favoured.

Build a stadium that holds 100,000.

That shouldn't come into it.

Super Bowl is only rotated because every city is capable of catering to it. Even then it's not wholly rotated. You won't see a Super Bowl at the Oakland Coliseum - it's a dump. Nor will you see one at Foxborough (home of the Patriots) - the weather risk is far too high.

FA Cup is always at Wembley.
Tour de France always finishes on the Champs-Elysses.
Tennis slams.
Augusta.

None of those examples you used are the comparable. Wembley is a neutral ground, the Champs-Elysses stage is an irrelevant stage in the TDF, all tennis courts are the same dimensions and Augusta isn't the 'home ground' of any golfer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if one side refuses to budge as i have already said :rolleyes:.

I don't think you understand the concept of what Repudiation of a contract is.

“an unwillingness or an inability to render substantial performance of the contract” or “an intention no longer to be bound by the contract or to fulfil it only in a manner substantially inconsistent with the party’s obligations”.

None of those examples you used are the comparable. Wembley is a neutral ground, the Champs-Elysses stage is an irrelevant stage in the TDF, all tennis courts are the same dimensions and Augusta isn't the 'home ground' of any golfer.

The MCG on Grand Final day is just as neutral. Corporates force that.

The Super Bowl is the most comparable example. The crowd is never one way or the other.

Buy out the contract. If they want to get rid of COLA to make it a fair competition, then I don't see why this isn't another logical step in the process of equalisation.

Where have the AFL said they want to make it a fair comp?

And what do you think it would cost to actually buy out the contract (Which is very different from "breaking it")

The MCG have absolutely no interest in changing the contract for obvious reasons.

2025 Grand Final at the Gabba, we have Fremantle v GWS, in front of 24 000 people :drunk:

But it's fair because it's not at a home ground of either side :drunk:

What? I'm suggesting the team who finishes higher out of the Grand Finalists gets the home ground advantage. So that game would be at the new Western Australian stadium or at ANZ. And it would sell out. Because it's a grand final.

I don't think you understand the concept of what Repudiation of a contract is.

“an unwillingness or an inability to render substantial performance of the contract” or “an intention no longer to be bound by the contract or to fulfil it only in a manner substantially inconsistent with the party’s obligations”.

Neither which apply to the contract we are discussing...

Maybe i should have clarified apart from a few isolated cases that would not apply to this contract:rolleyes:

So as long as one side of the contract is fulfilling their contractual obligations there is no way to break that contract if they refuse to budge.

The MCG on Grand Final day is just as neutral. Corporates force that.

The Super Bowl is the most comparable example. The crowd is never one way or the other.

The MCG has unique dimensions that Victorian sides are far more used to than interstate sides. Not to mention different winds, and all of the other idiosyncrasies that are attached to each ground.

What about fair to the 50,000 people that'd miss out if it was at Adelaide Oval?
But integrity of the competition, etc. I actually don't give a shit, it's just funny that the hysterics and talk about advantages in the competition for a very large number of people don't extend to some topics, or if they do, are covered by excuses that aren't accepted otherwise.

Grand Final at Metricon Stadium in a few years times.
I look forward to the great atmosphere created by 20,000 people.

yawn

Remove this Banner Ad

"The home of football"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back