The Hot Sauce Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No. Wonder if Tyler Durden007 has.

I had hot arse this morning due to hot lamb rogan josh curry last night

I get my kids very mild butter chicken and they moan that it's hot, ****en take on a hot rogan josh and then I'll ****en listen

Just tried franks hot sauce for the first time after hearing the Americans love it. Didn't like the flavour at all. Might try that Byron bay chilli sauce see how it goes. I came across this ripper hot sauce, no idea where I got it from and have forgotten the name. Don't you hate that.

Does anyone else out there worship the hot sauce god?

I'll share some of my favourites:

Tapatio Picante
Created in 1971, this should be a staple item in any fridge. Not too hot and good flavour with a fluid consistency.

721475-Zoom.jpg

El Yucateco (Verdi) Green Habanero Sauce: A super fresh flavour with a good kick, this can go on anything from sandwiches to pizza.

verde.jpg

Byron Bay Chilli Co. Heavenly Habanero Chilli Sauce with Mango: This is a sweeter hot sauce with a nice burn like most Habaneros... Really good

Byron-Bay-Chilli-Co-Heavenly-Habanero-Chilli-Sauce-with-Mango-250ml.jpg

Please share!
GF bought me the topatio one, really liking it and having it on heaps of stuff, meats, chicken, eggs

Just tried franks hot sauce for the first time after hearing the Americans love it. Didn't like the flavour at all. Might try that Byron bay chilli sauce see how it goes. I came across this ripper hot sauce, no idea where I got it from and have forgotten the name. Don't you hate that.
I love Franks Red Hot, cannot get enough

it is the original buffalo wing flavour

Anyone tried 'Shit the Bed' chili sauce and what's it like?

I know this is a late reply but it if your refering to the C Bomb range of sauces they are decent. I prefer a little more acidity a la franks hot sauce,but its definately a worthy addition to a collection

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been eating a lot more chilli. What do people use tabasco sauce on?
I put it on just about anything. Try baked beans, oysters with lemon, pasta sauce, pizza, a few drops in soup, mix it with tomato sauce, burger mince, in tomato juice with salt and pepper etc...I use it almost as a seasoning, rather than an accompanyment. Generally wouldn't put it with a creamy sauce

Hot sauce is amazeballs mixed in with scrambled egged or an egg/ham/cheese jaffle (oh yeh).

My fav is Blairs Death Sauce, but I have a range from mild to pretty stupid hot to frankly unpleasant. Blairs Death Sauce (the original) is perfect for burritos or chicken wraps or burgers or whatever, I find. Hot, but still tasty and not brutal.

You can get a huge range of these things at USA Foods, store in Moorabbin and great online store too. Get a sampler, try 'me out.

My favourite mega hot sauce recipe is for wings. I boil chicken wings in water or stock, chilli flakes and herbs until just about done. Then grill until crispy under grill. Then toss in sauce that is 50% melted butter, 50% chilli sauce (Heinz Extra Hot with Garlic is good!), plus as much ultra hot sauce as you and the audience can take. I go with Daves Gourmet Ghost Pepper sauce for maximum face melting, drooling wing awesomeness. Served with blue cheese dressing (blue cheese, Mayo, sour cream blended), it's American food done right.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hot Sauce Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back