The How do I? thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I was being factitious. ;)
Aware but thought it was worth a try.
I've seen a lot of people post without that online icon but unticking the online status box doesn't do anything for me....

Aware but thought it was worth a try.
I've seen a lot of people post without that online icon but unticking the online status box doesn't do anything for me....
You're not actually visible to anybody else. The 'Online' ribbon only shows up to you and mods/admins.

To normal members and guests, you appear offline.

You're not actually visible to anybody else. The 'Online' ribbon only shows up to you and mods/admins.

To normal members and guests, you appear offline.
Ah cool, cheers for clearing that up. Much prefer the old green dot we used to have to this current monstrosity.

i find it easier tbh. why would u want to read something youve already read?
Whenever I have the chance during the day, I bring up the sub-forums and browse through threads I'm interested in. Then I mark the forums read.

Later on I may click a thread I haven't browsed before, but because I have marked the forums read earlier, it goes to the latest 'unread post', usually in the middle of a thread on a different page. Then I have to go and click page one again. Ridiculous change imo.

Just remember none of these things are changes to the old software. It is completely new software.

The distinction is that we didn't look at that particular behaviour and make a decision to change it. So a small detail like that is not likely to be changed to replicate the old system while there are bigger issues to deal with. If ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just remember none of these things are changes to the old software. It is completely new software.

The distinction is that we didn't look at that particular behaviour and make a decision to change it. So a small detail like that is not likely to be changed to replicate the old system while there are bigger issues to deal with. If ever.
I understand that, but I'm just confused by the whole thing. On every forum I go to, if I click the thread title, it takes me to the first post.

Also, Chief: quote more so I know you have replied to me.

You're right - the most common reaction to it is MY GOD IT IS HIDEOUS GET IT OUT OF MY SIGHT!

Actually hang on. No. They say that about Joffa.

The 'online' ribbon? Most people love it.
They say far worse things about Jeannie Pratt.

Would love to know who are these 'most people' you speak of too.

Remove this Banner Ad

The How do I? thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back