The Impossible(?) AFL Multi Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

First attempt just hope to get through tonight.

St Kilda under 39.5
Carlton under
Collingwood over
Brisbane under
West Coast under
Geelong over
Sydney under
Bulldogs under
$1 @ 909

Don't expect to get...
St.Kilda over
Carlton Over
Coll'wood under
Adelaide over
Brisbane over
West Coast under
Richmond under
Nth. Melb under
Wst. Buldogs under

about 3200 to 1

Bulldogs under
Collingwood under
Richmond under
Gold coast under
West coast under
Carlton over
Adelaide over
Kangaroos over
Return $34000 for $10
Funny because I also had Freo under but TAB said the payout was too high and I had to get rid of one, Lol.

Round 4
Fremantle 1-39 $3.75
Carlton 40+ $1.80
Port 1-39 $4.35
Adelaide 40+ $1.02
GC 1-39 $3.40
Hawthorn 1-39 $2.65
Geelong 40+ $2.20
North Melb 1-39 $2.60
WB 40+ $3.30

$5 @$5093.62

A cool $25k+

Fremantle (<39.5) @3.55
Carlton (>39.5) @1.95
Port Adelaide (<39.5) @4.85
Adelaide (>39.5) @1.05
West Coast (<39.5) @2.45
Brisbane (<39.5) @2.15
Geelong (<39.5) @2.15
Sydney (<39.5) @2.65
Western Bulldogs (<39.5) @2.20
@ 2327.59

I am surprised how many people labeled St. Kilda as "certainties". They were never certain to beat Freo. There are two very important factors that influenced my decision to tip Freo. The most important factor is Ross Lyon. How often do you see a coach defeat his previous team first up? It happens a hell of a lot. Bomber Thompson, although not head coach, played a significant part in helping Essendon beat Geelong last year.

A lot of people appeared to think Freo were a great bet LAST WEEK to beat Brisbane by 44.5+. I took Brisbane with the 44.5 point head start, due to the Mark Harvey influence.

I remember the first time Terry Wallace coached against the Bulldogs, Richmond defeated them by about two points, even though Richmond were pathetic (2005).

Anyhow, the second factor I considered when tipping Fremantle last night is an underrated key criteria when footy tipping. A lot of people don't bother to pay attention to it, but it's the dreaded curse of back-to-back six day breaks. I remember reading a stat last year that in the last ten or so years (can't actually remember how far it dated back), 58% of teams will lose if they are coming off back-to-back six day breaks. That 58% will give you a net profit when punting.

It's also why I think WCE are still a great bet tonight at $1.66 to defeat Hawthorn. They had a huge game on the Monday against Geelong. I thought they would have been mentally drained last week playing Adelaide. They proved too strong for the Crows, though. Let's see how the Hawks go traveling to Perth tonight on the back of a back-to-back six day break. I'm kicking myself for not getting on the Eagles when they were $1.75.

Is anybody winning on these multibets at all? I just put on about 10 AFL multis @ $5 each ranging in wins from $1300 to around $5k. Tried to cover alot of different combos but most had Carlton and Adelaide at 40+. See how we go.

Well looks like we are all gone, anyone have Essendon at all

Thats 10 multibets down the drain. Thanks alot Carlton,played like a bunch of spuds today, absolutely woeful. Golden rule always put on at least 1 bet to cover the other team winning unless its GWS!!

I put a few more $5 multis on the remaining 6 games to see if I can make some back. Total outlay only around $100 so not too much to lose I guess.

I am surprised how many people labeled St. Kilda as "certainties". They were never certain to beat Freo. There are two very important factors that influenced my decision to tip Freo. The most important factor is Ross Lyon. How often do you see a coach defeat his previous team first up? It happens a hell of a lot. Bomber Thompson, although not head coach, played a significant part in helping Essendon beat Geelong last year.

A lot of people appeared to think Freo were a great bet LAST WEEK to beat Brisbane by 44.5+. I took Brisbane with the 44.5 point head start, due to the Mark Harvey influence.

I remember the first time Terry Wallace coached against the Bulldogs, Richmond defeated them by about two points, even though Richmond were pathetic (2005).

Anyhow, the second factor I considered when tipping Fremantle last night is an underrated key criteria when footy tipping. A lot of people don't bother to pay attention to it, but it's the dreaded curse of back-to-back six day breaks. I remember reading a stat last year that in the last ten or so years (can't actually remember how far it dated back), 58% of teams will lose if they are coming off back-to-back six day breaks. That 58% will give you a net profit when punting.

It's also why I think WCE are still a great bet tonight at $1.66 to defeat Hawthorn. They had a huge game on the Monday against Geelong. I thought they would have been mentally drained last week playing Adelaide. They proved too strong for the Crows, though. Let's see how the Hawks go traveling to Perth tonight on the back of a back-to-back six day break. I'm kicking myself for not getting on the Eagles when they were $1.75.

So i take it you'll be on the Dogs to beat Geelong, Melbourne to beat the Pies and St. Kilda to beat the Pies as well - given the head coach factor?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats 10 multibets down the drain. Thanks alot Carlton,played like a bunch of spuds today, absolutely woeful. Golden rule always put on at least 1 bet to cover the other team winning unless its GWS!!

I put a few more $5 multis on the remaining 6 games to see if I can make some back. Total outlay only around $100 so not too much to lose I guess.

I bet you'll come to regret that philosophy at some stage later this season :D

I bet you'll come to regret that philosophy at some stage later this season :D

Lol probably! Actually I'm tempted to put some money on GWS to upset the dogs. They were not that bad against Adelaide. Ya never know!

Carlton and Gold Coast stuffed up my multis last week. Had Brisbane to beat GC by 1-39 as part of a 6 leg multi and it was looking ok until Ablett went off! :/

Essendon Under
Freo Over
Dogs Under
North Over
Saints Over
Geelong Over
Hawks Under
Eagles Over
Adelaide Under

0.40c @ $6572 :eek:

Essendon 1-39
Fremantle 1-39
Bulldogs 1-39
North 40+
St Kilda 40+
Geelong 1-39
Hawthorn 1-39
West Coast 40+
Adelaide 1-39

$1 @ 1980.24

Look forward to being out of it after 1 game again :p

I love that Sportsbet is allowing the big odds multis this year! We live in hope ...

Ess UNDER
Carl UNDER
WB UNDER
North OVER
StK OVER
Geel OVER
Haw OVER
Rich UNDER
Port UNDER

$5 @6479.53 ;)

Also 9×$2 on the eightfolds

Collingwood Under