Mega Thread The James Hird thread - articles,theories and predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair
If he's correct then that accusation isn't bringing the game disrepute.

if you can't prove such accusations and you decide to make them public then surely the afl commission can show no mercy. if i were the afl commission i would be demanding an explanation from hird and cooperating evidence. as evans must have had the phone call directly with vlad i dnt think it is likely any evidence could exist. evans has backed vlad. so if he can't produce it then no doubt he has to retraction it or he has brought the game into disrepute. surely no essendon fan could argue against this, you can't just make such accusations against the afl ceo otherwise what will some clubs think they can get away with.

That's the thing, I honestly cannot see how Hird will escape any ASADA/WADA punishment, but then again that may just be my bias in wanting him punished.

Even though being a Carlton supporter means I have a hatred of EFC as I think that is a requirement of being a Carlton supporter, I actually liked Hird when he was a player, I liked him when he was coaching, but this saga has made me abhor him.

The fact that he refuses to take any responsibility and the fact the EFC and its supporters treat him like their god, has made me sour on him, I just don't believe anyone should be adored to the point where people ignore reality and possible big consequences.

Like I have said many times, EFC has been around for 100+ years, Presidents and Coaches have come and gone en masse, yet seems like this time supporters have made Hird to be as big as the club, and are willing to let the club burn in the hope that Hird comes through unscathed.

Couldnt agree more. My sentiments towards Hird as well.

AFL can also level their own sanctions for bringing the game into disrepute. A suspension doesn't necessarily have to be leveled through the various drug bodies.

Suspended and coaching next year? Lloydy you cheeky bastard.

Hirdy's suspension:
bungee-jumping.jpg

Unless Hird is totally cleared, he will just end up going IMO. Even if he serves a suspension or none at all, if there is guilt the ongoing damage by association will be incessant and undermine the football club - even more than it would if he leaves.

Unless Hird is totally cleared, he will just end up going IMO. Even if he serves a suspension or none at all, if there is guilt the ongoing damage by association will be incessant and undermine the football club - even more than it would if he leaves.
No way, what's best for Jimmy is best for Essendon, and hence best for the AFL.

Don't get too excited guys, Lloydy also thinks it will only be 3-6 months in the offseason, and I won't be surprised if it is either.

Although, he'd want to quit his smear campaign on the AFL pretty quick if he doesn't want to endure a lot longer spell out of the game.

Either way, his reputation will be shot if he serves 3 months or 4 years.

My Source :cool:...
"for taking banned substances" are the key words here.

ASADA has the authority to suspend coaches for other reasons.
It has been pointed out in another thread, buggered if I know which one of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Source :cool:...
Technically ASADA can't ban anyone, the afl does.
They wont recommend bans against coaches taking drugs, but they will recommend bans against coaches facilitating drug taking by players, the penalties are quite harsh. Happens frequently enough in cycling

It has been pointed out in another thread, buggered if I know which one of them.

Jesus man, do the legwork. There's only a couple of threads and a handful of posts to sift through...

Kids these days :rolleyes:

Ohh Come on! We both know that's exactly what we are talking about (banned substances) and what the quote was about...

No Hird must clear 2 hurdles.

One hurdle is he hopes to clear ASADA/WADA ban.

Than if he does that, then he has to hope to clear AFL suspension for bringing game into disrepute.

I don't see him clearing the first one, let alone the second.

This is the dribble being discussed and believed by people lapping up the juicy topic...

I personally hope the players don't get banned, but I suspect that it's inevitable - unless they can get away with a 6 month ban. The contracts will not help them.

If Hird gets suspended like Llyod thinks will happen, then that will mean that EFC have breached the WADA code and as such the players would be given infraction notices as well.

So if EFC want Hird to still coach after he serves any suspension, then that's up to you guys.
Point being, you will have a WADA labelled drug cheat at your club, and players will not be happy that they got suspended because of Hird, thus leading to conflict in the club.
And sponsors even less so.

I don't see any evidence of the matter being centred around the coaches using banned substances in the quoted post whatsoever.

You probably should have edited it or something :)

sigh!

Why would i edit anything when that's the way it is and also clarifies some of the hype some people believe around here...

ASADA aren't banning Hird like hurdle boy said, either for player or using himself which was the focus of what the original quote was about... that's just the way it is, sorry

I do like how you tried real hard to change the focus to support your early faux pas though ;)

Yeah
Hird could do with some time off suspended for 6 months during the off season and then resume coaching round 1 2014 all refreshed and ready to go.

Thank you come again.

I love how the Bombers supporters still want GoldenBalls to coach them, after he has served his suspension (assuming he is guilty) :rolleyes:

Staggering that he is still head coach, any other club would have stood him down.

2 year suspension, minimum

Its all about James, suddenly he has be ome bigger than the club and now almost the AFL

I'm sick of these clowns tarnishing our game, OUR game, piss off James and take ownership.

I am not so sure ASADA has anything to do with Banning hird???

Id have to check but Im pretty sure thats just Bulllshiiit Mate...

Governance and the AFL yes of course but Wada and Asada are about players using?

yes/no ?

Not true. ASADA can also hand out infractions to coaches/support staff.

It is sad though. Sad for sport as well as for the Bombers and Hird. Winning is important but sometimes it's not as important as doing the right thing.

It is NEVER as important as doing the right thing. Just have a look what money has done to a once great game. Money ruins everything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The James Hird thread - articles,theories and predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back