Opinion The joys and madnesses of relationships...

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday misunderstanding number 1 with wife:

Scenario: me standing outside car while beloved is making a very tight car park.

Wife assumed I would alert her when she got too close to car in front. I assumed she realised I was paying attention to my mate on the phone.

Friday misunderstanding number 1 with wife:

Scenario: me standing outside car while beloved is making a very tight car park.

Wife assumed I would alert her when she got too close to car in front. I assumed she realised I was paying attention to my mate on the phone.

These are the pitfalls of assumptions. Much damage to the car?

On the topic of 'madnesses'. Husband has made several critical errors this weekend, i.e. failed to read my shopping list correctly.

Came home with a white sourdough loaf, instead of a white French loaf. There is a difference. A very big difference.

Was despatched to obtain a shoulder of lamb, for a Greek style roasting. Came back with something resembling lamb, but a shoulder it aint. There is a difference. A very big difference.

These are the pitfalls of assumptions. Much damage to the car?

Pleasingly, the bumper on the Range Rover in front was designed to flex then rebound. Spared both cars damage. :)

Wife drives like Senna on crack so vehicle damage is not unknown in our household.

On the topic of 'madnesses'. Husband has made several critical errors this weekend, i.e. failed to read my shopping list correctly...

Wife gives me shopping commands slowly and repeated thrice as if I am in a brain injury ward. History indicates she has good cause.

Nonetheless, I use such indignities to justify minor insurrections, like stealing her earphones.

Wife gives me shopping commands slowly and repeated thrice as if I am in a brain injury ward. History indicates she has good cause.

Nonetheless, I use such indignities to justify minor insurrections, like stealing her earphones.
How is it that a man can run a company but not follow a shopping list? (Says she shaking head)
It's a perplexing question

How is it that a man can run a company but not follow a shopping list? (Says she shaking head)
It's a perplexing question

Or read the labels on supermarket items? You know, the things that explain what is actually in the product you are purchasing. (More head shaking)

Or read the labels on supermarket items? You know, the things that explain what is actually in the product you are purchasing. (More head shaking)

Wish rock melons had labels indicating their ripeness.

Wife has routine where she weighs them in her hand and imbibes their scent as if it is a tantric exercise.

IF I did the same they would throw me out of Woolies for being a fruit miscreant.

Wife has routine where she weighs them in her hand and imbibes their scent as if it is a tantric exercise.

IF I did the same they would throw me out of Woolies for being a fruit miscreant.
I believe the correct term is fruitcake? ;)

Same applies to pineapples. Weighing and smelling the fruit is a must.

Wife gives me shopping commands slowly and repeated thrice as if I am in a brain injury ward.

I'm hearing ya.

"Can you go down to Coles and grab some frozen Baby Peas. Thats Baby Peas. Not Mint Peas. Not normal Peas. Baby Peas. Baby Peas!!"
She will then ask me to repeat my instructions. "Get some peas, yeah, yeah, got it"
"Baby Peas, Baby peas you flipping idiot. Don't flipping get anything else!"

On that occasion I returned triumphant, much to her surprise

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing ya.

"Can you go down to Coles and grab some frozen Baby Peas. Thats Baby Peas. Not Mint Peas. Not normal Peas. Baby Peas. Baby Peas!!"
She will then ask me to repeat my instructions. "Get some peas, yeah, yeah, got it"
"Baby Peas, Baby peas you ruddy idiot. Don't ruddy get anything else!"

Peas! I too have to underline 'not mint' in the shopping list!

I have often wondered if there is a common defect involved in our inability to find the dirty dishes about to walk out on their own, the bottle of fabric softener, or the clitoris. If pressed by my girlfriend on my domestic blindness, I at least can point out that I have made stellar progress on the one of those three closest to her heart.

I have often wondered if there is a common defect involved in our inability to find the dirty dishes about to walk out on their own, the bottle of fabric softener, or the clitoris. If pressed by my girlfriend on my domestic blindness, I at least can point out that I have made stellar progress on the one of those three closest to her heart.
hmm, no comment:)

I did find the last of your mystery trinity, once upon a time, but I was looking for fabric softener if I recall rightly.

I did find the last of your mystery trinity, once upon a time, but I was looking for fabric softener if I recall rightly.

The importance and multiple benefits of fluffy towels cannot be overstated.

I'm hearing ya.

"Baby Peas, Baby peas you ruddy idiot. Don't ruddy get anything else!"

I would have gotten different peas. Or at least prentended to. Not because I didn't hear her... Because, well I'm a pest :D

The importance and multiple benefits of fluffy towels cannot be overstated.

Mate of mine was dumped by his fiancee after she met a new guy on a plane. Mate was devastated. For more than a year he avoided dating, wary of being hurt again. Then he met a really sweet girl. After several dates he invited her to his house for dinner.

But his bedroom was a shambles - dodgy, mis-matched bedding from when he was at uni. So we went on a bro-date to DJ's. We returned with new sheets, doona, pillows etc. And new fluffy towels.

Dinner was a success. He is now happily married to her with two kids.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back