The Killers - Day & Age

Remove this Banner Ad

^ are you on drugs?

Stupid question. Of course you are.
Yeah mate, my opinion contrasting to yours equates to me being an addict.

When I first heard Joy Ride I thought it was utter crap, but now it seems not to bad.

Spaceman
Dustland Fairytale
Neon tiger
Losing Touch
Human

I can't stay is wierd, but strangely enjoyable. I'm not convinced on World we live in. This is your life is another good song, Goodnight, travel well usually gets skipped, basically because I cant be stuffed wiating for it to get interesting towards the end. Crippling blow, again one of the best of the album.

It's probably on par with hot fuss, which is an achievement within itself.

After a few weeks of listening, like with Sams Town, like With Hot Fuss, the good moments are good, but there are fillers as well.

The good:
Losing Touch
Human
Spaceman
Dustland Fairytale
This Is Your life
Neon Tiger

The average:
Joyride
World which we live in

Skip:
I Can't Stay
Goodnight, Travel Well
A Crippling Blow
Forget About What i Said

Good Album.

Not on par with Hot Fuss; but still very, very good.

Dustland Fairytale is an absolutely beautiful song.

Spaceman is awesome - can't help but sing along every time.

Losing Touch is great; Human is excellent.

I can't stay and World We Live In is great too.

Really good album.

But then again, even SawDust was bloody excellent.

I've changed my mind, it is definitely their best album imo.

Hot Fuss drops off in the second half of the album, but Day and Age is very strong from start to finish, even the bonus tracks are very decent.

Nothing mainstream on Day and Age so hasnt recieved much radio play.

I've changed my mind, it is definitely their best album imo.

Hot Fuss drops off in the second half of the album, but Day and Age is very strong from start to finish, even the bonus tracks are very decent.

Nothing mainstream on Day and Age so hasnt recieved much radio play.
Agreed. Absolutely brilliant album. :thumbsu:

You listen to their first album and this one, massive difference. And I find this one the best.

I also have changed my mind. I am absolutely in love with it. Incredible album.

Losing Touch, Spaceman, A Dustland Fairytale, This Is Your Life, I Can't Stay, and Goodnight, Travel Well are all amazing. The rest go alright too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's sh*t. Don't gimme the "give it a chance" line. I gave it a chance. It got played 32 times all the way through according to my itunes, and I kept playing it because I love The Killers and wanted to love the album. There were 2 songs on it I liked, but other than it was just downright average. I hated it. Most dissapointing album of 08 for me. Really hope their next one is back on track.

I think it's a great album. Probably my second favorite of '08 behind Saturnalia by Gutter Twins.

It has the musical growth they displayed in Sam's Town without the bloated Queen gaudiness that dragged that album down. More mature songwriting, and the melodies slowly but surely lodge themselves in your head and refuse to leave.

Favorite songs would be Losing Touch, Human, I Can't Stay, Dustland Fairytale and Goodnight Travel Well. The bonus tracks are also high quality - Tidal Wave, in particular.

Impressive band and I can't wait to see them live later this month.

Day & Age > Sam's Town > Sawdust > Hot Fuss

I havent listended to it for a while, but put it back on today, still enjoying it.

A Dustland Fairytale is epic, whilst Spaceman, Human, Losing Touch, I Cant Stay and Neon Tiger are all very good songs.

Anyone see The Killers performance of A Dustland Fairytale with an orchestra, the other night on Letterman? It was awesome, although im pretty sure Brandon was pinging haha.

On a side note, A Dustland Fairytale is fast becoming one of my favourite songs of theirs.

I've turned the corner... again.

My god this album is disappointing.

I reckon A Dustland Fairytale is only being lauded because in comparison most of the other songs are horrid.

The killers have gone in a downward spiral since their debut album. this surely is the lowest point.

Took a while to get into the mood to listen to it a few times because first few listens were ordinary and those horrible singles are played a fair bit on radio. Hoping for a much better effort next time but I'm not expecting much.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Killers - Day & Age

Remove this Banner Ad

Back