Mega Thread The Lego Thread - Post your best Lego work, get a Badge!

Remove this Banner Ad

242222_v0_460x.jpg

I've got the best of both worlds with my two girls the youngest like the girly Lego Friends but the older likes Lego City and Lego Star Wars.

Santa got them about six big sets for Christmas last year and because of their ages Dad had to help them assemble them. :D

Probably one of the most enjoyable Christmas days I've had since I got the big lego spaceship as a 10 year old :p

When we moved to SA, one of the things I noticed was some of the other kids called Lego, Laygo. Never, anywhere else in the world have I heard Lego being pronunced like this, is this more evidence of the inherent weirdness of South Australians, or have others heard this strange pronunciation being used?

When we moved to SA, one of the things I noticed was some of the other kids called Lego, Laygo. Never, anywhere else in the world have I heard Lego being pronunced like this, is this more evidence of the inherent weirdness of South Australians, or have others heard this strange pronunciation being used?

I've heard it pronounced like that before, it might even be the correct Danish pronunciation but it still sounds stupid.

I always said 'Laygo'

Nowadays I find myself sometimes saying 'laygo' and sometimes saying 'lego'

It was certainly interesting in my school placement over the past four weeks when I took a year 1 maths class on graphing. The Vics seem to pronouce it more like 'graf' (short for graffiti) while I always accentuated the 'a' and it becomes more of a 'gr-ah-f' -

Little shits kept pulling me up on it

Laygo? never heard of it.

Like Queenslanders pronouncing Castle "Kassle", when its "Carrsool".

Just weird!

I had girl lego. It was called "Belville" and it was mostly pre-built stuff based around princes and princesses, fairies, mothers and babies etc.

This is the set I had
L5qBy.jpg

I also had this set which was way cooler

6409-1.jpg

My brother was and probably still is obsessed with lego. He also had that Pirate ship as well as that old school Police Station one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure these were made by Matchbox, could be wrong of course.

We had a massive Lego collections but the only servo I remember having was the Shell.
Could be. Again, couldn't find the one I had on google. But that search was closer than my Lego search.

I never had any of the big fancy sets. Just lots and lots of bricks to make cool things out of.

You'd get the funky pieces from the smaller cheapo boxes to implement into your cool designs.

Only snobby rich kids had the $100 sets.

I made up for my lack of expensive Lego with imagination.

Loved Space lego. This was the first one I had as a kid.

View attachment 58356

I also had this set; it was my favorite by far, along with:

brickpicker_set_6970_1.jpg

I still have all the pieces for both sets in an old storage box, but not the instructions. Luckily you can get the instructions online. I'll be getting them both out for my 4 year old son to play with in the next year or so :)

Just bought this son of a bitch from ebay on the weekend on complete impulse:

Having major buyer's remorse at the moment :oops:

You know how when you were young you used to think of all the awesome lego you would be able to afford when you're older. I lived in that moment for about 5 minutes....until I saw the bills on the fridge...

I always said 'Laygo'

Nowadays I find myself sometimes saying 'laygo' and sometimes saying 'lego'

It was certainly interesting in my school placement over the past four weeks when I took a year 1 maths class on graphing. The Vics seem to pronouce it more like 'graf' (short for graffiti) while I always accentuated the 'a' and it becomes more of a 'gr-ah-f' -

Little shits kept pulling me up on it
Yeah always said laygo too didn't hear it pronounced Lego until I moved to WA when I was 13 :confused:
Same with all those words like Graph, dance, chance :rolleyes:

Come to think of it I had a BP service station. Was pretty detailed. Couldn't find it under "Lego BP service station" in google images so maybe it wasn't Lego.
This one?!

I had this one so many hours spent playing with it.

Missus buys me a small lego set every birthday because she knows how much I love it.

Married the right woman. :)

My children will have all the lego, ALL THE LEGO!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Lego Thread - Post your best Lego work, get a Badge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back