Mega Thread The Lego Thread - Post your best Lego work, get a Badge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, it was. Much revered by Castle fans too, would definitely be worth something if you wanted to sell it. Which of course you don't ;). It was yellow because Lego executives weren't sure the line would be a success, and didn't want to embark on producing a lot of recoloured pieces should it fail. Yellow was the colour that most of the pieces already existed in.
I couldn't find all the pieces even if I wanted to.

Glass cabinets are definitely recommended. Anyone who's tried to de-dust fragile sets like the Treehouse will understand why ;).

Bruce Banner Hulk GIF by Harborne Web Design Ltd

That's my secret Cap(ital Power) - I never dust.

Yeah, I have a 2x4 Ikea KALLAX cube unit awaiting this very use. It's 145cm long. Unfortunately I'm not sure it'll ever fulfil its intended purpose ;).
This is what I’ve decided
I have 5 already and will go another two plus some of the half size ones
I have 3 stacked for books etc and will work something for Lego

My best builds…I’m adding Eiffel Tower just for the size of the set.
I will not share my Titanic build - that’s for Matthew to enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_1086.jpeg
    IMG_1086.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1089.jpeg
    IMG_1089.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1087.jpeg
    IMG_1087.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • BA225100-A0CA-48D7-958A-FD92D97851B4.jpeg
    BA225100-A0CA-48D7-958A-FD92D97851B4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
nice
the display case looks good with the cars
have some old photos from a few years ago on this device

this wouldve been the start of that whole potter building series on the right, will need a lot more room now
20200525_144700.jpg

one of the container sideloader truck and the le mans whiich was a fun build and one of my only big mistakes when building
20230919_174756.jpg

hope to be starting the new display set up over xmas with furniture and just a basic positioning
i took inventory of what i actually have to build still and its pretty stupid tbh its been over three years since ive built

Was in the Lego shop this afternoon. They had Titanic in stock, which I haven't seen for a while. You could also get $500 off if you purchased the two largest UCS Star Wars sets (which I think came to $2,300 together :eek:). I wonder how many of those they sold.

They did have Santa's Post Office built. It's cute, but for me the roof doesn't really sit right. I'm also peeved at the fact that the Delivery Truck that goes with it is a separate set - a pretty basic build for $32. Reviewers have praised the Lego group for keeping the price of the Winter Village set at $US100 ($A170) for the last few years, but what they don't tell you is that this year's set has 100 fewer pieces than last years. Shrinkflation has even hit the hallowed brick ;).

nice

this wouldve been the start of that whole potter building series on the right, will need a lot more room now
View attachment 2151687

one of the container sideloader truck and the le mans whiich was a fun build and one of my only big mistakes when building
View attachment 2151689

hope to be starting the new display set up over xmas with furniture and just a basic positioning
i took inventory of what i actually have to build still and its pretty stupid tbh its been over three years since ive built
The Le Mans 24 hour car was a great build for its time and very well priced too compared to today's equivalents. Interesting to see how the build techniques and realism have evolved in just a few years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nice

View attachment 2151687

View attachment 2151689

As I recall, that Mack Anthem truck was one of the last Technic sets to include a reasonable "B" model, a compacting garbage truck. Good build that.

nice

View attachment 2151687

View attachment 2151689

I have that 24 rally car unbuilt atm. Looks a rippa 👍🏻

LOL just noticed we have an expanded thread title ;). Trouble is, I don't have anything to post as I'm far too untalented to do anything other than follow the instructions...
I don’t have any custom builds either. I’ve only ever followed instructions which can be challenging. All good CP.

The Ideas Botanic Garden has been released for November 1 availability. Not sure about it TBH, especially at $500. You can buy the Friends one for $90 now, and three of those make an equally impressive Botanic Garden build. I guess it has new roof pieces, but that price point for a non-licensed set is steep.

I think I might get the Mario Kart sets instead :p.

Not paying $500 for that.

Today until Sunday - Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser (75367) & Millennium Falcon (75192) now $1,799.98. You also get Double VIP points on Star Wars purchases (but the Ts & Cs say this doesn't stack with the above offer).

I can’t work out if it does or not as it says on full price items only, but they’ve got the 2x VIP points on the ad for the bundle! 🤷‍♂️

I can’t work out if it does or not as it says on full price items only, but they’ve got the 2x VIP points on the ad for the bundle! 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, confusing. The fine print for both offers says that they are not valid with any other offer. You might need to ring them to confirm. The $500 off plus 10% in points is a good deal.

Not my "best work" as such, and certainly not original work here... but I wanted to post a pic of one of my cabinets in the hope of getting the badge as easily as possible!

Does it qualify Chief ?

(I just realised there's a piece in the wrong place on Starry Night. And I'm not sure why "Oscar" is standing up to drive...)

IMG_7091.jpg

Also, I just saw this on the website to see whether there was anything else coming.

In 27 days...

The LEGO® Group & Formula 1®

There’s a new signing for the 2025 F1 season... us! We’re bringing the thrill of Formula 1® to LEGO fans of all ages, with builds featuring all teams on the grid – plus loads of exciting extra content! Drive back to this page for future thrill...

This is about to become expensive. And worse than being expensive, space consuming.

All teams on the grid? Jesus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Lego Thread - Post your best Lego work, get a Badge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back