Mega Thread The Lego Thread - Post your best Lego work, get a Badge!

Remove this Banner Ad

badge nice thanks Wosh Chief

(little bigger?)
katie holmes GIF

I do appreciate the level of detail. JBB seems effusive in his praise - mostly:

The biggest issue, as it should be, is the price. I might treat myself anyway.
Unfortunately a lot of the more popular reviewers now seem gushingly positive about everything Lego sends them. I try and find reviews from people who've bought their own (which generally means of course you have to wait until after public release).

I try and look at each set in terms of value and the build experience. The value on this one seems poor, especially compared with the Friends set. There are new pieces (which adds to the price) which may well be a first for an Ideas set, but there is no licence fee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a comparison, Ninjago City Markets is $50 more expensive than the Botanic Garden, but has 2400 more pieces and twice as many minifigures. It's also a brilliant and varied build experience.

Mediaeval Town Square has 500 more pieces and is $100 cheaper.

On value I think this is hard to recommend. Am eagerly awaiting the review from the first poster here to buy it.

Unfortunately a lot of the more popular reviewers now seem gushingly positive about everything Lego sends them. I try and find reviews from people who've bought their own (which generally means of course you have to wait until after public release).

I try and look at each set in terms of value and the build experience. The value on this one seems poor, especially compared with the Friends set. There are new pieces (which adds to the price) which may well be a first for an Ideas set, but there is no licence fee.

I still trust JBB - his review of Deku Tree for example is much more mixed. Helped convince me not to shell out for it on day 1.

I can wait for a discount or something like 2X VIP points. It won't be out of production for a long time.

As a comparison, Ninjago City Markets is $50 more expensive than the Botanic Garden, but has 2400 more pieces and twice as many minifigures. It's also a brilliant and varied build experience.

Mediaeval Town Square has 500 more pieces and is $100 cheaper.

On value I think this is hard to recommend. Am eagerly awaiting the review from the first poster here to buy it.

Yep, paid full price for Medieval Town Square without hesitation.

It makes little sense because this isn't an IP, but hey maybe Lego are again pushing the boundary of what they can charge. Hoping this one cops an early discount.

I still trust JBB - his review of Deku Tree for example is much more mixed. Helped convince me not to shell out for it on day 1.

I can wait for a discount or something like 2X VIP points. It won't be out of production for a long time.
I saw this built in the store. Thought it was a little underwhelming. One for the hardcore fans I think. In comparison with the 18+ Mario sets, for example, I don't think it really shines.

I signed up to be able to vote on Lego Ideas just to vote for the Lego Turing Machine.

Would be an amazing addition once I do up my study/man cave.

I signed up to be able to vote on Lego Ideas just to vote for the Lego Turing Machine.

Would be an amazing addition once I do up my study/man cave.

Probably too niche to be accepted but IMHO this style of set is entirely the reason Ideas exists. If I have a criticism of Ideas it is that many of the sets chosen aren't really "different" to mainstream sets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Lego Thread - Post your best Lego work, get a Badge!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back