Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Quality is great, but I still would like more story. Little shot of canon character here and there isn’t enough when we’ve seen what they did in the last two episodes last season. It’s good but this could be so much more, than mission of the week.
It’s all about production spend. You get the quality graphics and just pure formula with any twists or turns. Turning into blandness. It’s probably parcelled up quite carefully and with reason but it doesn’t give a fan any show of courageousness that it should.

i mean a show where the episodes build on top of each other, ever heightened with "wow, sirness" each episode, a crescendo, with the finale blowing your mind. Not fillers, meandering aimlessly, purely so the writers can put in clever little easter eggs and call backs. Look fans, it looks and smells like SW, so put a smile on your face. I want an actual story arc that has meaning and builds, the actual story of each episode things are being done or happening that have merit, that actually expand on lore, creating new lore that makes fans crazy like lucas' lore did
There is a corollary to Dr Who where some fans want simple story plots with adventures in space and others want a story arc wrapped up in the final episode
Chibnall was criticized for both

I am enjoying Mando but does anyone else find it very dark to watch? I’ve turned the brightness up to full on a new Samsung. But it’s not the TV because every thing else I watch is fine. Some scenes I can hardly see anything, I mentioned it to the kids, and they’re fine with it, maybe I’m getting too old? But none of the movies seem to have this problem.

I am enjoying Mando but does anyone else find it very dark to watch? I’ve turned the brightness up to full on a new Samsung. But it’s not the TV because every thing else I watch is fine. Some scenes I can hardly see anything, I mentioned it to the kids, and they’re fine with it, maybe I’m getting too old? But none of the movies seem to have this problem.
I've got a reasonably new Samsung TV too, and I find some dark scenes in general are hard to see, Game of Thrones was nearly unwatchable in some scenes for example. Some darks/blacks look pixilated. But I haven't really had that issue with Mando as much. Do you have HDR+ turned on? might make a difference.

good point. i did in E1. i turned up the brightness

For me that was one of the worst episodes but i guess having to wait weekly doesn't help.
Completely agree. Wait through the entire working week, keen as mustard for the episode, so when it's a below-par episode, I feel it's really noticeable.

I think the reason it felt below-par is mainly due to the ending of the previous episode. Part of me hoped it was just going to continue straight on the same path with you-know-who.

It teased us with Boba Fett too. That's pretty poor cliché TV stuff. Would expect better than immediately milking cliffhangers across episodes for all they are worth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, in the current age of TV with so many good shoes that subvert the tropes so well, it's really jarring to see such a high quality production adhere so rigidly to them.

I dunno, in the current age of TV with so many good shoes that subvert the tropes so well, it's really jarring to see such a high quality production adhere so rigidly to them.

I dunno, in the current age of TVs with season long arcs and patient slow burning plots, having someone expect immediate pay off from a tease is pretty strange.

It's not though.

Good shows give payoff without compromising future direction and quality.

You don't get payoff after one episode in shows, no idea what you're on about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars The Mandalorian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back