The Most Over-rated song(s) in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mog said:
Another group I've never understood the appeal of. Thrash isn't my thing, nor is whatever they call what they play now.

I love technical/experimental thrash. Nevermore and Meshuggah are a couple of bands I really enjoy. Metallica have written quite a few good songs (Master of Puppets, Dyers Eve, Welcome Home, Creeping Death), but generally they ruined their good ideas with awful solos and repeating parts merely for the sake sounding "epic" (...And Justice For All, The Thing That Should Not Be). Half of their stuff is merely routine.

Bartholin Juice said:
I love technical/experimental thrash. Nevermore and Meshuggah are a couple of bands I really enjoy. Metallica have written quite a few good songs (Master of Puppets, Dyers Eve, Welcome Home, Creeping Death), but generally they ruined their good ideas with awful solos and repeating parts merely for the sake sounding "epic" (...And Justice For All, The Thing That Should Not Be). Half of their stuff is merely routine.

Meshuggah; there's another "big thing" I couldn't enjoy. Might be all technical and difficult, but so is tensor calculus. I enjoy neither.

But is is my guilty secret I enjoy Metallica's Enter Sandman.

Mog said:
Meshuggah; there's another "big thing" I couldn't enjoy. Might be all technical and difficult, but so is tensor calculus. I enjoy neither.

But is is my guilty secret I enjoy Metallica's Enter Sandman.

Luckily for me, I enjoy tensor calculus. Not so much as ergodic theory or compact Riemann surfaces, but enjoy nonetheless.

Mog said:
Another group I've never understood the appeal of. Thrash isn't my thing, nor is whatever they call what they play now.
I'd have to agree. Respect them musically, but never got into them. The thing that really put me off: the vocals. Apart from the guy not being able to sing well, he has a 'put on voice'. It's not his natural voice. He puts on this macho voice that you hear from WWE wrestlers or rugby league commentators. It was only when Black came out that he started singing properly, but their music was becoming more wan kafied by the album. Do like Enter Sandman though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SaveFeriss said:
Hotel California for sure.. Throw in Stairway as well, Khe Sahn, all the old MMM Rock songs of the century.
I disagree here with most, although probably think along the same lines. Stairway, Rhapsody, Hotal california etc are all classics. Exceptional songs all of them and not over rated. BUT, I have heard them so many times that I just don't want to hear them again. I'm a station flicker and as soon as any of these sort of sings come on, I change over.

I wouldn't say they're over rated, they're just played to death and only MMM bogans still want to hear them. When these MMM type radio stations have their rock songs of the century comps, these songs deserve to be up the top, but why you would listen to these radio stations when they have these comps (if not at all) is beyond me.

MMM: The good stuff they play you've heard to many times and don't listen to that type of music anymore, and the new stuff they play is pure crap (incubus, matchbox 20, creed etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

The Most Over-rated song(s) in history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back