Preview The mystery of game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

^ Leon copped a bit of criticism for his kicking against the Hawks but I thought at the game, and on watching the replay, that he never had any clear targets and ran out of room.

There was really only one poor kick and that was the lazy one across the ground to Krak that went over his head.

Agree, radio commentators were calling them poor kicks, but he was rnning clear and when he was looking for targets there was nothing except the odd Pies player hemmed right up on the boundary with opponenets on them. Leon was trying his guts out, problem was no spread up the field.

Just a note ; The last four grand finals the team that had more inside 50s went on to lose or draw.

No way did St Kilda have more inside-50s than us in the replay last year.

Or are you saying that Port had more inside-50s than Geelong in 07?:eek:

Cos I know geelong had more than hawthorn, st kilda had more than geelong and we had more than st kilda in the respective grannies.

No way did St Kilda have more inside-50s than us in the replay last year.

Or are you saying that Port had more inside-50s than Geelong in 07?:eek:

Cos I know geelong had more than hawthorn, st kilda had more than geelong and we had more than st kilda in the respective grannies.

It's what it says in the article that Ed posted a few posts above ^ check it out

Ok I have looked it up myself, the article is not accurate.
The replay pies had 55 inside 50s to saints 39. Good pick up mate

It's late and I'll be a busy boy tomoz getting to Melbourne to watch the game, so I'll post this now.

Our game plan is to let them think they have overcome it.
Wait for an 80+ tackle onslaught on Saturday.
In every other final we had something to lose. Every player had a spot to lose.

That is all done and settled now.

Now the 22 who run out have a job to do.

They, the opposition have known what we do and how we do it for over a year.
What made it work is commitment and determination.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview The mystery of game plan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back