Opinion The NBA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely early days but Bagley has been awful, classic Sacramento..... Mikal Bridges has been disappointing too

Ayton, Sexton, SGA, Doncic, Jackson jnr all showing things.

Kings are a Joke reallly

Bet be lot of Tanking this Season as everyone would love Zion Williamson

He's the outright standout in the draft.

Shame he doesn't play a position of need for the Bulls with Markkanen and Carter Jr ideal in the two bigman spots.

career high again, looks like he will develop into one of the best scorers in the NBA (hopefully)

He has that out of control Westbrook kind of game to him but he's actually hitting 3s and fts at a good % without being as much of a freak athlete.

He's no scrub.

Porzingis has missed the season and may not be back this year.

Trading Porzingis doesn't help New York tank (this year). It helps them create salary cap space to make room for two max free agents by not having Porzingis/Hardaway/Lee along with Burke. Adding Matthews/Jordan/Smith JR makes the Knicks better this season.

Porzingis is the best player in the deal - the Knicks traded him because he requested a trade - so that has allowed the Knicks to unload big contracts and get a few more picks and get a good young player in Smith JR.

I like the deal for the Mavericks and like the potential of a Porzingis/Doncic combination. I also feel like the Knicks should have gotten more for Porzingis.

Porzingis has missed the season and may not be back this year.

Trading Porzingis doesn't help New York tank (this year). It helps them create salary cap space to make room for two max free agents by not having Porzingis/Hardaway/Lee along with Burke. Adding Matthews/Jordan/Smith JR makes the Knicks better this season.

Porzingis is the best player in the deal - the Knicks traded him because he requested a trade - so that has allowed the Knicks to unload big contracts and get a few more picks and get a good young player in Smith JR.

I like the deal for the Mavericks and like the potential of a Porzingis/Doncic combination. I also feel like the Knicks should have gotten more for Porzingis.

Well Knicks been a Joke of a Franchise since the 90's

Well Knicks been a Joke of a Franchise since the 90's

Only Phoenix and Lakers are more dysfunctional at the moment.

How did that brick from Leonard go in? RIP 76ers :(

Leonard is a star. His playoff play has been incredible. Playing both ways and going as well on O and D as any in the NBA. His offense particularly is so underrated. Efficient and clutch.

As a kind of neutral, while I'm a big Jimmy Butler fan, I feel like the Raptors give the Bucks a better series with Embiid not having enough left in the tank - requiring too much treatment just to get up for games.

Leonard is a star. His playoff play has been incredible. Playing both ways and going as well on O and D as any in the NBA. His offense particularly is so underrated. Efficient and clutch.

As a kind of neutral, while I'm a big Jimmy Butler fan, I feel like the Raptors give the Bucks a better series with Embiid not having enough left in the tank - requiring too much treatment just to get up for games.

IF Toronto can get him Re-Signed then they won the Trade for Leonard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can Zion be one of the all time greats? Pelicans will be hoping so.

He looks like a better Charles Barkley. Taller, bigger, stronger, more athletic, better court vision and passing. Better on D. Has time to develop his jump shot and looks likely to be a more able 3 point shooter.

AD would be wise to stay with Pelicans if he can partner with Zion. That would be easily the best front line in the NBA and has the scope to be one of the best in NBA history. All that would need to happen is for them to be surrounded by shooters.

He looks like a better Charles Barkley. Taller, bigger, stronger, more athletic, better court vision and passing. Better on D. Has time to develop his jump shot and looks likely to be a more able 3 point shooter.

AD would be wise to stay with Pelicans if he can partner with Zion. That would be easily the best front line in the NBA and has the scope to be one of the best in NBA history. All that would need to happen is for them to be surrounded by shooters.
Certainly has been a treat to watch this year for Duke.

AD off to NY? Barrett joins Zion a possibility.

Certainly has been a treat to watch this year for Duke.

AD off to NY? Barrett joins Zion a possibility.

Knicks would need to offer pick 3 and x3 further future first round picks for New Orleans to take much interest in such an offer.

Barrett I'm not as high on as many others seem to be. I'm strong on Darius Garland and Bol Bol being players I'd take before him (as a Bulls fan I want Garland and have for a long time).

If I'm the NOP GM I'm selling AD on Zion and giving it until the deadline and trying what I can to surround AD/Zion/Holiday with shooters. I'd also go recruiting some free agents and see who if anything I can get to pair with AD/Zion/Holiday. Put any of Kawhi/KD/Butler/Kyrie with them and that's a championship contender if the rest of the roster can be filled out.

Well Toronoto would want to WIN the NBA Championship then or that Trade they Lost

I think they won the trade irrespective.

It depends on your view of the DeRozan contract, but my view is his contract is a bad contract.

Getting to the Eastern finals and getting that experience into their core is huge, getting Siakam exposed to Kawhi has been huge in his development. They've secured Danny Green. And all they got rid of was DeRozan's bad contract, Poeltl (decent bench big) and a very late first round pick that doesn't matter.

Obviously keeping Kawhi is the desired result and what makes it a big win. But I'm not going to call it a loss even if Kawhi doesn't return. They've still got a nice core to build with around Siakam and a group that can still be really competitive in future years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back