Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

There's just no quantifiable metric where this is remotely true.

Yes, Elon is obscenely wealthy. But he paid an obscenely huge and inflated sum for Twitter.

According to Forbes, Elon's net-worth was somewhere in the vicinity of $130-$220~billion in 2022/2023. That means he spent between a third or a quarter of his entire net worth on Twitter when he paid $44 billion for it.

That is INSANE. And absolutely not a 'pittance'. You just do not see financially intelligent uber rich people making purchases like that.

And the two key takeaways from both of those factors are that;
  1. He overpaid massively for Twitter because he made an edgelord joke about buying it and then got backed into a corner and forced to go through with it. He even tried to get out of the deal multiple times but realised he couldn't.

2. His actual net-worth is ridiculously inflated artificially due to the meme-stock status of Tesla, which was trading at nearly $410 a share back in 2022 when Elon floated the idea to buy Twitter. Since then, it's crashed down to $170~ as of a month ago, with little peaks and valleys as follows.
You're trying to nit pick the richest person on the planet. What's his net worth right now?

Elon would have the best of everything and that would include lawyers/advisors re Twitter possible scenarios. Twitter/X could go the same way of some dodgy NFT and be worth nothing. Elon would carry on with everything that keeps him busy. Because here's the thing with successful go getter/entrepreneurial types like Elon.....they're not only ridiculously rich financially but also mentally. They have have 1 gear......GO!

His Tesla's are the most popular electric cars in the world before his acquisition of Twitter/X and today. But sure meme status stock 'n' that.

As for other uber rich people not making insane purchases. You haven't noticed the oil sheiks sticking their fingers in all kinds of pies when it comes to Entertainment & Sports? You think you all them ventures are profitable or maybe they do it because they simply can. They own Golf.....who knows.....the NBA could be next.

I don't know Chad.....you've got a bit of jealous ex girlfriend about you when it comes to Elon.

It's not good.

Lol yeah he couldn't just weasel out like his challenge to fight Zuckerberg when it became obvious Zuck is super fit and actually trains fighting
For Musk this was a 'eyes bigger than their stomach' moment and realised that Zuckerberg is 13 years younger, actually training in BJJ and doing well in tournaments.

An MMA bout wouldn't last more than 30 seconds between those two.

Because here's the thing with successful go getter/entrepreneurial types like Elon.....they're not only ridiculously rich financially but also mentally. They have have 1 gear......GO!

I don't know Chad.....you've got a bit of jealous ex girlfriend about you when it comes to Elon.

You've got a bit of current jealous girlfriend about you. What is this absolute cringey lovefest for Elon lol.

Are you really that shallow that all a person has to do is make a few anti-woke comments and they win you over for good?

Elon's a snake.

You've got a bit of current jealous girlfriend about you. What is this absolute cringey lovefest for Elon lol.

Are you really that shallow that all a person has to do is make a few anti-woke comments and they win you over for good?

Elon's a snake.
I never said he was perfect.

I don't go on twitter/reddit praising him and I don't do the opposite on twitter/reddit because that person has a different philosophy or and political point of view to mine.

I never said he was perfect.

I don't go on twitter/reddit praising him and I don't do the opposite on twitter/reddit because that person has a different philosophy or and political point of view to mine.

Nah, you just come onto BigFooty and post tweets (out of nowhere and unprompted) that say "My heart goes out to Elon Musk"... for abandoning his child.

Nah, you just come onto BigFooty and post tweets (out of nowhere and unprompted) that say "My heart goes out to Elon Musk"... for abandoning his child.
umprompted lol Should I seek your approval on things to share from now on?

I saw it on the suggested feed on youtube and thought I'd share it. Does Elon Musk not get brought for topic from time to time in this thread?

Tesla made cars specifically designed to be marketed towards environmentally savvy conscientious consumers.

Then Elon decided the best course of action would be to loudly promote and support ideologies that are anathema to this customer base.

Yeah. There's also growing competition for them so his product doesn't dominate the market.

I'm serious about the fire risk, tho ICE cars catch fire alot as well ... but obviously a vehicle that relies on combustion to generate energy runs that risk.

Li battery fires are a ****en nightmare, especially in a vehicle and even more so in confined spaces. Basically dumping one in a shipping container full of water is about your best option. Eventually they'll solve those problems or find a better power source but until then they're sketchy.

I saw it on the suggested feed on youtube and thought I'd share it. Does Elon Musk not get brought for topic from time to time in this thread?
Not really. The random thread is probably better. Even the focus on US politics is a bit ot for this thread. But its all part of life's rich tapestry so who really cares.

Chad has a point tho.

He abandoned his kid. Ergo he's a ****stick.

Imagine how much of a head**** it would be to seriously contemplate what his daughter has gone thru as a 15/16 year old. Its not something they do for shits and giggles. To have one of the people who's sposed to have been there for you no matter what say that shit to get cred among incels...

Who cares how much money the campaigner has. He can't buy himself some decency with it.

Just about every one of them is a complete ****stick too. What's your point.
Chad thinks other uber rich people don't make silly purchases and I merely gave an example of others with similar wealth that do.

People with **** you money do what they want with their money.

Does that mean they're all ****sticks....no.

Last edited:
Yeah. There's also growing competition for them so his product doesn't dominate the market.

I'm serious about the fire risk, tho ICE cars catch fire alot as well ... but obviously a vehicle that relies on combustion to generate energy runs that risk.

Li battery fires are a ****en nightmare, especially in a vehicle and even more so in confined spaces. Basically dumping one in a shipping container full of water is about your best option. Eventually they'll solve those problems or find a better power source but until then they're sketchy.

Been lots of fires in London due to electric bikes that have killed people

Chad thinks other uber rich people don't make silly purchases and I merely gave an example others with similar wealth that do.

People with **** you money do what they want with their money.

Does that mean they're all ****sticks....no.
I think it does cos getting **** you money involves ****ing alot of yous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it does cos getting **** you money involves ****ing alot of yous.
ie - you win the lottery and get a call from your boss that you don't like.

'**** you, I quit'

The term means you have so much money can do whatever you like with your life. It's not meant to mean **** other people or cause problems for those people.

Been lots of fires in London due to electric bikes that have killed people
Every day there are Li battery fires in Australia and the use of those batteries will only increase.

They're everywhere.

The fires are sketchy cos they burn hot and generate their own O2. So cooling is the only effective form of extinguishment ... and they burn very hot. They also release some really toxic stuff. Particularly hydroflouric acid which an exposure nightmare. Bad burns mean amputation of the limb above the point where the bone is currently affected and it moves thru bone quickly..

So a small burn on your finger means you need to act quickly or you'll lose your whole hand or potentially your arm. Plus all the other effects of that particular type of poisoning on your heart, lungs and other organs from simple exposure to gas or smoke.

ie - you win the lottery and get a call from your boss that you don't like.

'**** you, I quit'

The term means you have so much money can do whatever you like with your life. It's not meant to mean **** other people or cause problems for those people.
That's not the sort of money we're talking about.

No one wins 200 billion dollars in a lottery.

Elon's a snake.
Dan can post what he likes. You disagree with him vehemently. What's the problem?

Not really. The random thread is probably better. Even the focus on US politics is a bit ot for this thread. But its all part of life's rich tapestry so who really cares.

Chad has a point tho.

He abandoned his kid. Ergo he's a ****stick.

Imagine how much of a head**** it would be to seriously contemplate what his daughter has gone thru as a 15/16 year old. Its not something they do for shits and giggles. To have one of the people who's sposed to have been there for you no matter what say that shit to get cred among incels...

Who cares how much money the campaigner has. He can't buy himself some decency with it.
In hindsight Elon Musk content probably belongs in the random thread....so I agree with you there.

But the other stuff regarding his kid & being a father. I don't think making such a statement on a snip it 1 minute video is the way to go. Context is important and ultimately we won't know what the full extent of their relationship.

Hopefully things get better.

But cmon....richest man in the world needing internet points?

Extremely amusing seeing people crying about Silicon Valley tech bros supporting Trump after democrats, starting with Bill Clinton sucked them off for the last 2.5 decades.

I don't care about Elon or the tech bros but as soon as Biden started targeting Elon, the rest of them obviously thought if it can happen to him, it can happen to me, etc.

Not at all.

But...

I saw it on the suggested feed on youtube and thought I'd share it.
You literally said "I don't go on twitter/reddit praising him" and my point is you do go on BigFooty praising him. So that's what I was refuting.

Dan can post what he likes. You disagree with him vehemently. What's the problem?
It's not just me.

He hates teffy and that guy hasn't posted on BF for years. But if that guy posts something outside of BF....ol deal or no deal will share with it with our board with his disgust.

And I'm not even a fan of teffy's...he's always been a loose canon that I'd disagree with sometimes in the past.

I think Chad has fixated tendencies. Like an itch that has to be scratched.

Last edited:
Chad thinks other uber rich people don't make silly purchases and I merely gave an example of others with similar wealth that do.

The most expensive NFL team ever (which is the most expensive sport in the US) was a grand total of... $6.0 billion USD.

Only $38 billion less than Elon paid for Twitter.

Not exactly comparing apples and oranges there, mate.

Not at all.

But...

You literally said "I don't go on twitter/reddit praising him" and my point is you do go on BigFooty praising him. So that's what I was refuting.
Fair but not to the extent to which you give the opposite on multiple social media platforms.

Context is important and ultimately we won't know what the full extent of their relationship.
Yes we do.

His daughter even filed a motion in court to change her name to disassociate herself from Elon, and in the court filing she said "I no longer live with or wish to be related to my biological father in any way, shape or form".

Pretty concrete. Elon abandoned her, denigrated her, and discriminated against her.

But cmon....richest man in the world needing internet points?

He has literally posted many, many times about how he loves "shitposting" and "memes", so yes.

He hates teffy and that guy hasn't posted on BF for years.

If you don't hate a convicted meth cook and proud bigot, then that says a lot about you.

But if that guy posts something outside of BF....ol deal or no deal with share with it with our board with his disgust.

Haven't posted about him in a long, long time. I'd say well over a year, at a guess. But sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back