Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely childish and stupid way of looking at the situation. The Hamas fighters who carried out the October 7th attacks did so because it was their last chance to do something, anything to upset the status quo that allowed Israel to exist with a giant concentration camp under its control, to slowly starve, humiliate and exploit the captive Palestinian population of Gaza, and to institute Apartheid upon the West Bank. It was a direct response to the Abraham accords where many of Palestine's neighbours who used to uphold a measure of solidarity formally turned their back on them by normalizing relations with Israel.

I have to ask you, if that were you, living in a de facto concentration camp where you constantly hear the buzzing of Israeli surveillance drones, where there's never enough to eat because Israel has determined the exact minimal amount of food they can allow into Gaza that will keep the population alive but starving, you're not even allowed to fish or swim in the mediterranean off your coast because if you enter the water you'll be bombed or shot at by the Israelis, you've lost multiple family members and friends your age to the random acts of terrorism that Israeli politicians refer to as "mowing the lawn" where they periodically enter the city to murder your people indiscriminately, and if you're ever allowed to leave, which is already unlikely, by the Israelis who control your borders, you will certainly never be allowed to come home? Would you feel particularly desperate not to upset Israel, for fear that they might start abusing you?

Perhaps their mistake was underestimating just how ****ing inhuman Israel has become, I'll grant you that. I just don't know how you could look at that status quo, if indeed you knew any of this before shooting your mouth off, and determined that anyone who were forced to live under it would feel like it was a status quo worth preserving.

You could have saved yourself the waffle.

I’m not absolving Israel of what they have done, just providing context of what they might be trying to achieve.

You can cheerlead all you want, but the reality is there are victims on both sides.

Hamas could have targeted solely military targets, they didn’t. They would have been aware of the likely consequences. How they conceived this to be the only way out, well, you also need to consider Irans plan in all of this. Hamas and Hezbollah ain’t doing anything without Daddy’s instruction.

Turn it up. This started long before October 7th.

And they’ve already overreacted.

No shit Sherlock.

From Israel’s perspective, it wasn’t enough though, was it? Here we are. Completely flown off the handle now.

There’s wrongs on all sides of this.

Posts like the above trying to paint Hamas murdering kids as OK essentially “an eye for an eye” are just as looney as the RWNJ’s going all in on Israel.

Last edited:
Extremely childish and stupid way of looking at the situation. The Hamas fighters who carried out the October 7th attacks did so because it was their last chance to do something, anything to upset the status quo that allowed Israel to exist with a giant concentration camp under its control, to slowly starve, humiliate and exploit the captive Palestinian population of Gaza, and to institute Apartheid upon the West Bank. It was a direct response to the Abraham accords where many of Palestine's neighbours who used to uphold a measure of solidarity formally turned their back on them by normalizing relations with Israel.

I have to ask you, if that were you, living in a de facto concentration camp where you constantly hear the buzzing of Israeli surveillance drones, where there's never enough to eat because Israel has determined the exact minimal amount of food they can allow into Gaza that will keep the population alive but starving, you're not even allowed to fish or swim in the mediterranean off your coast because if you enter the water you'll be bombed or shot at by the Israelis, you've lost multiple family members and friends your age to the random acts of terrorism that Israeli politicians refer to as "mowing the lawn" where they periodically enter the city to murder your people indiscriminately, and if you're ever allowed to leave, which is already unlikely, by the Israelis who control your borders, you will certainly never be allowed to come home? Would you feel particularly desperate not to upset Israel, for fear that they might start abusing you?

Perhaps their mistake was underestimating just how ****ing inhuman Israel has become, I'll grant you that. I just don't know how you could look at that status quo, if indeed you knew any of this before shooting your mouth off, and determined that anyone who were forced to live under it would feel like it was a status quo worth preserving.
Couldn’t have summed it up better myself mate. I was so naive to what was going on in Palestine pre 2023 . Sickens me to think the life they’ve been subjected to. The world now sees this for what it is . No amount of gaslighting can change this.

You could have saved yourself the waffle.

I’m not absolving Israel of what they have done, just providing context of what they might be trying to achieve.

You can cheerlead all you want, but the reality is there are victims on both sides.

Hamas could have targeted solely military targets, they didn’t. They would have been aware of the likely consequences. How they conceived this to be the only way out, well, you also need to consider Irans plan in all of this. Hamas and Hezbollah ain’t doing anything without Daddy’s instruction.

No shit Sherlock.

From Israel’s perspective, it wasn’t enough though, was it? Here we are. Completely flown off the handle now.

There’s wrongs on all sides of this.

Posts like the above trying to paint Hamas murdering kids as OK essentially “an eye for an eye” are just as looney as the RWNJ’s going all in on Israel.

Do you look on South Africa’s apartheid from the white South Africans point of view as well?

What's the long game for Israel? completely wipe out Palestine? Then what....try and take on Lebanon and Iran. Fighting wars on multiple fronts doesn't seem like a sustainable war model.

They're going as hard as they can on all pre-existing fronts before the US election, then see where they've got to imo.

Do you look on South Africa’s apartheid from the white South Africans point of view as well?

What a wild comment.

Do you pull your anti semitism from the Nazi’s ideology?

As I said, what Israel are doing is abhorrent, I was merely passing comment on what I think their intentions are and commenting on the other faction in here that’s just basically anti-US at every turn, which has some merit.

But the sabre rattling in here almost reveling in 8 soldiers being killed is on the pale.

Just like if people in here came in going, those “Israeli’s really ****ed up Hezbollah with those pager bombs!” When most of the casualties were nearby civilians.

There’s clearly some cheer leading for sides at the moment, when in reality it’s just civilians getting the brunt of it at as usual.

The hundreds of civilians didn’t deserve to die, get kidnapped, r*ped etc by terrorists whilst enjoying a holiday.

Just like the thousands and thousands didn’t deserve to die at the hands of this murderous Israeli regime.

No doubt it’s Israeli civilians that will get the brunt of any reaction and then the Iranian people, the same people that want to overthrow their backwater dinosaur of a government. And around and around we go.

What a wild comment.

As I said, what Israel are doing is abhorrent, I was merely passing comment on what I think their intentions are and commenting on the other faction in here that’s just basically anti-US at every turn, which has some merit.

But the sabre rattling in here almost reveling in 8 soldiers being killed is on the pale.

Just like if people in here came in going, those “Israeli’s really ****ed up Hezbollah with those pager bombs!” When most of the casualties were nearby civilians.

There’s clearly some cheer leading for sides at the moment, when in reality it’s just civilians getting the brunt of it at as usual.

The hundreds of civilians didn’t deserve to die, get kidnapped, r*ped etc by terrorists whilst enjoying a holiday.

Just like the thousands and thousands didn’t deserve to die at the hands of this murderous Israeli regime.

No doubt it’s Israeli civilians that will get the brunt of any reaction and then the Iranian people, the same people that want to overthrow their backwater dinosaur of a government. And around and around we go.

You know that Israel was found guilty of apartheid years ago yeah?

From recently,

The International Court of Justice in its 2024 advisory opinion found that Israel's occupation of the Palestinian territories is in breach of Article 3 of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, including "racial segregation and apartheid".

Last edited:
What a wild comment.

TL/DR : No point having an opinion on any of it - they’re all ****ed anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back