Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

You said "targeting non-combatants" (your exact words) and now you claim to be talking about an attack that targets a military and kills civilians as a consequence.

Two separate examples. I literally used the words "E.g" when starting the new example. C'mon.

There is no difference between state or non-state actors deliberately targeting civilians and whatever language you think is apt to describe it, in both cases it is terrorism.

Well, there is a difference. That's why there are definitions for "terrorism" and definitions for "war crimes".

But this is semantics.

Yes and he has been an absolute embarrassment. He literally had the entire crowd laugh at him this week because of how incoherent he was.

Like... dude?

Okay mate. 👍🏽

He was pretty good on Flagrant. Funny even. I don’t like him, but I can’t deny he’s funny.

Interesting that the venue that andrew schulz was about to film his special at canceled because he had Trump on. I’m sure he’ll get another club, I mean the dude played a sold out Madison square garden fairly recently.

Two separate examples. I literally used the words "E.g" when starting the new example. C'mon.

Well, there is a difference. That's why there are definitions for "terrorism" and definitions for "war crimes".

But this is semantics.
Why did you even say all this crap?

You're basically agreeing with what I said four posts ago. But you're trying to do it a way that creates an argument.

Okay val I'll answer your "simple questions";
do you think Biden is capable of speaking unscripted for 3 hours?

Yes. You act as if he doesn't regularly have hour+ long press conferences, like we have seen in recent months after things like the NATO summit.

This notion that he's literally incapable of coherent thought or speech is Trump propaganda.

Answering questions he doesn’t know are coming?

This is straight up cooker conspiracy nonsense. Biden doesn't get press conference/debate questions ahead of time. Neither does Kamala, or Trump, etc.

Biden looses track reading a teller prompter.

It's "teleprompter". And Biden reads from a teleprompter better than Trump does, so what does that say about Donald?

Why did you even say all this crap?

You're basically agreeing with what I said four posts ago. But you're trying to do it a way that creates an argument.

Because you accused me of not arguing in good faith?

You can't level those type of accusations at someone then act like a victim of they defend themselves.

Unfortunately probably the only real secular state in the Middle East is the one Israel is intent on bombing the shit out of and invading.

This also depends on your position of whether non-secular states are right or wrong and your position on freedom and right to self governance.

They aren’t really a possibility in the region for the most part because of Sharia law.

Most of what you have described regarding Israel would be true of Palestine if you turned the tables on the occupation. Dhimmi’s (non muslims) have most of the restrictions on them you have described under Sharia law. Second class citizens, different tax structures, no right of true ownership, no right to a defence against a Muslim if non-Muslim under classical Sharia law etc etc

80% of Irans Christian population didn’t flee after the 1979 Islamic Republic and constitutional adoption of Sharia law because they were being treated well….. With big numbers of those Assyrian Christians immigrating to Australia.
Do you think the Iranian Revolution happened in a vacuum? It was the result of decades of external western meddling that knocked over every secular humanist green shoot, nominally for fear that they'd go communist but really to expand their control and influence over oil. The UK and US destroyed the Mosaddegh government when he tried to nationalise Iran's oil, replaced him with the Shah, and that created an unstable situation out of which came the Islamic Republic.

It's not like radical Islam is just some inherent, animal property of the Arab, the problem is that these cultures haven't been allowed to develop freely. Every single European culture has a history of oppression comparable to the things conservative religious governments do today, the reason they (and we by extension) have been able to largely move past it is widespread wealth and free time leading to more education and more questioning of the status quo, which inevitably leads to that kind of social development and progress. It's why even though countries in Latin America have a similar European cultural background they tend to be overwhelmingly religious and conservative still; because of the awful conditions that most of the population has to live under, they're too busy working to keep their heads above water and they don't have the time or freedom to develop socially in that way.

This state of affairs is imposed from without by global hegemons like the United States, with the help of local collaborators, usually a rusted on ruling class that wants to maintain their power. They keep things this way so they have a cheap labour source to exploit. It's why they've attempted or succeeded to knock over every government that threatens to do anything to improve those conditions or assert their independence. Those countries don't stay or become religious and conservative in a vacuum. If you want to see conditions get better for people in the middle east, more freedom, the advancement of modern social ideas like secularism, gay rights, women's rights etc, you need to oppose U.S. meddling that's designed to keep them poor and conservative and easy to exploit.

Because you accused me of not arguing in good faith?

You can't level those type of accusations at someone then act like a victim of they defend themselves.
I said nothing about collateral damage situations or legit targeting of actual combatants and then you brought it up so you could could say wtte of "Nah what about this..."

How is that arguing in good faith?

I said nothing about collateral damage situations or legit targeting of actual combatants and then you brought it up so you could could say wtte of "Nah what about this..."

How is that arguing in good faith?

What are you even talking about?!

You made a statement about terrorism and war crimes. I responded. The example statement I made in this response is entirely separate to the earlier posts.

1000013984.png

What are you even talking about?!

You made a statement about terrorism and war crimes. I responded. The example statement I made in this response is entirely separate to the earlier posts.

View attachment 2148125

Collateral damage and the deliberate targeting of non combatants are two seperate things.

Okay val I'll answer your "simple questions";

Yes. You act as if he doesn't regularly have hour+ long press conferences, like we have seen in recent months after things like the NATO summit.

This notion that he's literally incapable of coherent thought or speech is Trump propaganda.

This is straight up cooker conspiracy nonsense. Biden doesn't get press conference/debate questions ahead of time. Neither does Kamala, or Trump, etc.

It's "teleprompter". And Biden reads from a teleprompter better than Trump does, so what does that say about Donald?

I don’t think he’s capable of having a 3+ hour conversation without forgetting what he was talking about. We’ve all seen him do it, he fell apart so bad during his debate with Trump that he was told that he can’t run for president again because his brain is failing.

Collateral damage and the deliberate targeting of non combatants are two seperate things.

Yes, I agree.

Which is why they were two separate points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think he’s capable of having a 3+ hour conversation without forgetting what he was talking about. We’ve all seen him do it, he fell apart so bad during his debate with Trump that he was told that he can’t run for president again because his brain is failing.

I think you've fallen hook, line, and sinker for Republican attacks against Biden, and at the same time you seem to be deliberately ignoring or woefully ignorant of the legitimately cooked status of Trump's brain.

The only difference between terrorism and war crimes is the so called legitimacy of the state committing the terrorism.

Nah. That's not the only difference. Because an airstrike that doesn't target civilians but accidently kills some.

Whatever dude. :rolleyes:

Whatever dude. :rolleyes:

An airstrike that kills civilians without deliberately targeting them could be a warcrime but not terrorism.
An airstrike that deliberately targets civilians is a warcrime and could be considered terrorism.

Do you understand yet?

I think you've fallen hook, line, and sinker for Republican attacks against Biden, and at the same time you seem to be deliberately ignoring or woefully ignorant of the legitimately cooked status of Trump's brain.

Biden’s own party forced him to withdraw. They’d probably remove him right now if they could, but they can’t.

I don’t even follow any Republicans for them to trick me.

I knew that Biden was losing his mind before he was elected, he’s substantially worse now.

You might be the only person I can think of that believes Biden is still fit to be president.

So tell me, why do you think Biden has withdrawn from the race if his brain isn’t an issue?

Biden’s own party forced him to withdraw. They’d probably remove him right now if they could, but they can’t.

I don’t even follow any Republicans for them to trick me.

I knew that Biden was losing his mind before he was elected, he’s substantially worse now.

You might be the only person I can think of that believes Biden is still fit to be president.

So tell me, why do you think Biden has withdrawn from the race if his brain isn’t an issue?

Let's be clear on a few things here;
  1. Biden is still fit to be President. If he wasn't, then he wouldn't be the President. That's why the 25th Amendment exists.
  2. Biden's own party did not "force him to withdraw".
  3. Biden was not "losing his mind before he was elected".
  4. Biden withdrew from running again because he decided that it was the right thing to do. Which was noble.
Quite frankly, if you think Biden was "losing his mind" before he was even elected then you and I are not going to find common ground here. You say you don't even follow any Republicans for them to trick you? Well then you've just embraced their propaganda independently. That's impressive.

Let's be clear on a few things here;
  1. Biden is still fit to be President. If he wasn't, then he wouldn't be the President. That's why the 25th Amendment exists.
  2. Biden's own party did not "force him to withdraw".
  3. Biden was not "losing his mind before he was elected".
  4. Biden withdrew from running again because he decided that it was the right thing to do. Which was noble.
Quite frankly, if you think Biden was "losing his mind" before he was even elected then you and I are not going to find common ground here. You say you don't even follow any Republicans for them to trick you? Well then you've just embraced their propaganda independently. That's impressive.

Why did he withdraw?

Why did he withdraw?

Because he's old as **** and he would have been 85 years old at the end of his next term if elected. It's too old.

He thought he could do it, but then changed his mind.

Not everything is a sinister conspiracy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back