Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Not lost, the solider describes war crimes committed by Ukrainian armed forces.

Huh? Which part are you referring to?

If it's the cluster munitions, that's only a war-crime if used against civilian targets.

Its so funny how after enduring years of bullshit about how Putin is dying from a terminal illness, it is actually the sitting US President who is so riddled with dementia he will have to step out of the race.

Every accusation is a confession.

Must admit I've had the popcorn out watching you guys eat each other haha. The establishment classical liberal left of Chadwicko vs the anti-establishmemt anti-inperialist hard left of Ferball and Warlord.

Keir Starmer had his victory speech written 6 months ago. Main interest for mine is who'll be the main opposition party.
Can the Tories stay ahead of the Lib Dems, or does Reform come with a massive late surge. First past the post makes things interesting, might only need 25% in some seats to win.

It'll be the Tories on the numbers, Reform will implode within months, their only hope was a complete Tory collapse that allowed them to consume the remains of the party.

I'd be worried if I were Starmer, 130 seats is a very plausible base to fight back from and UK politics is so volatile and the terms so long it is a very winnable position in 2029 for the Tories with FPTP.

The great SNP surge and hold cycle is over, they still have power in Holyrood but that'll change next election. I'm mates with some of their hardheads and they are hugely happy with what they've achieved - they made Scottish Nationalism mainstream and proved a referendum could be held without the world ending.

The aim will be to absorb a 20 year opposition cycle then win the referendum they hold next time.

Yes, sport fans enjoy sport. A country that speaks our language and dominates our culture also plays sport and some of the people here that like sport will inevitably start liking the sport that they play there, too.

Its so funny how you just forget what you've posted previously, both on the longer term and even within the same day.

For ages I've been saying to you that you see the world through a very pro-American cultural lens, something you've fiercely denied.

Then you just spent all of last night insisting that ackchually your generation (I cannot tell you how much I adore this very recent rhetorical shift whereby you, the hip young dude representative of an entire generation lecture the old fogies lol) IS more sympathetic to America than the old lefties of days gone yore.

So you prove my point, in your own words - as you so often do. Question is do you "forget" what you've just argued, do you simply have no ideological position at all beyond a vague American culture war idea of being anti Christian gun nut (33 per cent), do you "forget" because you're just trolling this thread (50 per cent) or do you forget because you genuinely do forget due to a whole range of factors (17 per cent).

Does it matter? Nah, you're no different to the oppo fan idiots who used to run the "should have gone to the Gold Coast" line then reply with some dumb GIF after I'd reply with a well researched and factual post.

1720138227761.png

Its so funny how you just forget what you've posted previously, both on the longer term and even within the same day.

For ages I've been saying to you that you see the world through a very pro-American cultural lens, something you've fiercely denied.

No. Nice try, but no.

I've never denied liking American things/sports. I've simply pushed back to you on your attempts to dismiss my opinions on the basis that you think I'm some sort of Aaron Sorkin-pilled, doe-eyed pro-American capitalism neo-liberal. Like you're doing now.

Then you just spent all of last night insisting that ackchually your generation (I cannot tell you how much I adore this very recent rhetorical shift whereby you, the hip young dude representative of an entire generation lecture the old fogies lol) IS more sympathetic to America than the old lefties of days gone yore.

As I pointed out last night and you conveniently ignored (like you always do when faced with an uncomfortable truth), at no point did I say I was including myself in that description of how the definitions of political ideology have shifted for younger generations. As you pointed out (nice doxxing by the way) - I'm 40.

Does it matter? Nah, you're no different to the oppo fan idiots who used to run the "should have gone to the Gold Coast" line then reply with some dumb GIF after I'd reply with a well researched and factual post.

This is so revealing for you. You really do see yourself as an intellectual hero battling against people you consider to be less-informed or less-intelligent than you. It's truly quite sad.

Just more invented arguments inside your mind, I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you prove my point, in your own words - as you so often do. Question is do you "forget" what you've just argued, do you simply have no ideological position at all beyond a vague American culture war idea of being anti Christian gun nut (33 per cent), do you "forget" because you're just trolling this thread (50 per cent) or do you forget because you genuinely do forget due to a whole range of factors (17 per cent).

View attachment 2038912
My vote send him to America with a t-shirt 'I cross the picket line' let him really understand about the class war

Just remember, modern Britain is completely different to Putin's Russia.

So you're against the British 'occupation' in Northern Ireland, but support the Russian occupation in Ukraine.

Curious.

1720140481488.png

It is quite astounding just how fundamentally anti-democratic the British system is.

Voter ID requirements as above, FPTP voting system, the House of Lords unelected (albeit not able to reject legalisation).

England and Wales is effectively a managed democracy - we saw how easily a genuine challenge to the capitalist imperialist outlook by Corbyn was crushed.

Starmer's Labour (child of Blair's) really isn't any different to the Tories on the key matters of the economy/defence etc.

So you're against the British 'occupation' in Northern Ireland

Of course you're a West Brit too. Are you seriously suggesting the Six Counties are not formally occupied by the British?

, but support the Russian occupation in Ukraine.

Curious.

I've explained many many times how I see Ireland and Ukraine being in exactly the same position. Its also funny how you have to make up my views (support the Russian occupation) to make your own entirely contradictory worldview even vaguely stack up.

Of course you're a West Brit too. Are you seriously suggesting the Six Counties are not formally occupied by the British?

You know what my last name is. Have a think for yourself and realise how stupid you're being right now.

I've explained many many times how I see Ireland and Ukraine being in exactly the same position.

Explain it again.

Its also funny how you have to make up my views (support the Russian occupation) to make your own entirely contradictory worldview even vaguely stack up.

So... you don't support the Russian invasion of Ukraine? Is that what you're saying? Meaning you think Ukraine has every right to defend itself, and other nations around the world that are supporting Ukraine to this end are doing the right thing?

Right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back