Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Why should people be forced to vote? Labour and the Conservative Party are peas in a pod. Conservative voters have voted themselves out by shifting to reform.

You're not forced to vote here, just to get your ballot papers and name ticked off.

I've done that and then not voted in the Reps.

Why should people be forced to vote? Labour and the Conservative Party are peas in a pod. Conservative voters have voted themselves out by shifting to reform.

So we can have a represenative democracy.

In the UK context you're not forced to vote for Labour or the Tories. Vote Green. Vote Lib Dem. Vote Reform (except don't lol). It's not a purely two-party system.

John's father Pat is one of my personal heroes, along with Anna Politskavaya.

Both murdered by corrupt states - Thatcher was likely briefed on Pat's murder in advance - and the Brits continue to cover up the truth about what happened.

(John witnessed his father's state sanctioned and ordered murder in the family home as a child)

So we can have a represenative democracy.

In the UK context you're not forced to vote for Labour or the Tories. Vote Green. Vote Lib Dem. Vote Reform (except don't lol). It's not a purely two-party system.
You don't need to vote to achieve this. Rejecting the existing parties is often a good option.

I honestly don’t, or even can’t care about the British elections.

I love them, but it is an acquired taste.

They’re a bit like ours, where I feel the importance is inconsequential to geopolitical issues.

They're still a nuclear armed permanent member of the Security Council.

It'll be interesting to see how the global order manages having a power in such obvious and rapid decline in such a position.

The French are now kind of Europe's seat at the Security Council by default.

In the 90s we had Russia as a declining power on the Security Council but they had admitted defeat and were actively seeking to engage with the West (before the Americans turned on them like they were just another First Nations tribe they could screw over on a deal, not a power that can park missile subs off Long island lol).

The Brits refuse to accept their status as declining power, and history teaches us they are an aggressive and unscrupulous country rather than rational actors like China.

Britain really is the global wildcard along with Israel now. Nasty militarist societies that glory in subjecting others to their brutality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That John B bloke shows up on my feed from times to time, and he always comes across as a complete w***er.

Ahahahahahaha John and I had huge blues during COVID (I won lol). He's alright, smart enough, Piommy bloke with good taste in music, but yes comes across quite abrasively

I love them, but it is an acquired taste.

They're still a nuclear armed permanent member of the Security Council.

It'll be interesting to see how the global order manages having a power in such obvious and rapid decline in such a position.

The French are now kind of Europe's seat at the Security Council by default.

In the 90s we had Russia as a declining power on the Security Council but they had admitted defeat and were actively seeking to engage with the West (before the Americans turned on them like they were just another First Nations tribe they could screw over on a deal, not a power that can park missile subs off Long island lol).

The Brits refuse to accept their status as declining power, and history teaches us they are an aggressive and unscrupulous country rather than rational actors like China.

Britain really is the global wildcard along with Israel now. Nasty militarist societies that glory in subjecting others to their brutality.

I know they’re powerful, I just don’t think their elections effect how they operate in geopolitics

I know they’re powerful, I just don’t think their elections effect how they operate in geopolitics

Yes, on this you're right in that they're not breaking with the geopolitical status quo.

God didn't Orwell pick their future perfectly as Airstrip One.

I don't know who the last UK PM is that actually implemented policies they had in their manifesto...

It is more verbal than anything. The Pommy establishment will never stop looking down on common folk in their own country, let alone other countries. Blair and Campbell killed any desire for the general population to go to war again and the military can't recruit. They have elite special forces, intelligence officers and some good military kit but no army to speak of really.

No. Nice try, but no.

I've never denied liking American things/sports. I've simply pushed back to you on your attempts to dismiss my opinions on the basis that you think I'm some sort of Aaron Sorkin-pilled, doe-eyed pro-American capitalism neo-liberal. Like you're doing now.

As I pointed out last night and you conveniently ignored (like you always do when faced with an uncomfortable truth), at no point did I say I was including myself in that description of how the definitions of political ideology have shifted for younger generations. As you pointed out (nice doxxing by the way) - I'm 40.

This is so revealing for you. You really do see yourself as an intellectual hero battling against people you consider to be less-informed or less-intelligent than you. It's truly quite sad.

Just more invented arguments inside your mind, I suppose.

You told everyone you'd just turned 40 the other day!!!

We do read this forum.

BTW The war crime being referred to was this:

The Ukrainian National Guard just came in and finished off the wounded then ploughed everything with tanks.

I dunno. You said something about something cos you'd recently turned 40. I thought you were abit younger than that, its why i remembered it.

Nope. Didn't mention it anywhere on BigFooty.

Maybe in your group chat or DM? ;)

Nope. Didn't mention it anywhere on BigFooty.

Maybe in your group chat or DM? ;)
Don't call me a liar. The only way i'd know is if you mentioned it in a public post.

Occasionally I might laugh about your quirks but I don't talk about your private details with other people (and I don't share your pms either for that matter.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back