Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

So there's nothing legitimate about the latest Gaza invasion or most of what has happened in Palestine since the Dier Yessin massacre?

Why is your default response to someone criticising literal acts of terrorism assuming that they must be supporters of Israel's genocide?

That's some George W Bush stuff right there.

It wasn’t an attack on Israel it was an attack on innocent civilians,

The very thing they had to do was attack military outposts you nong.

They had to break out of one of the most heavily fortified places on the planet before they even saw a civilian.

There's video of them doing this ffs.

including a large amount of residents of various countries around the world. Let’s clear that up to start.

I'm not sure what Thai farmworkers being caught up in it means.

If you go and work in a warzone, war may happen.

Just like Israel attacks aren’t on “Hamas” when dropping bombs on 40,000 poor souls housed in homes, schools and hospitals

Agreed, the Israelis are very very clear, at the highest levels of government, that this isn't just about Hamas but complete ethbic cleansing of Gaza aka genocide.

Why is your default response to someone criticising literal acts of terrorism assuming that they must be supporters of Israel's genocide?

I wasn't talking to you, just making sure of someone's position.

Of course not.

This thread is filthy to be honest. Both sides of the argument thinly veiled celebrations of civilian deaths on an almost daily basis.

No justification, no matter what, for some of these actions.

Nah, I go to places on publicly available social media where civilian deaths are celebrated horrifically by both sides, that doesn't happen on this thread.

You still haven't clarified what amounts to legitimate resistance to genocide if the kind of armed struggle used by Hamas and Hezbollah is terrorism.

The Americans absolutely rolling us for hundreds of billions here lol.

Its just the fancy form of the piles of gold, precious gems and exotic furs tributary states used to have to send Caeser etc

Nah, I go to places on publicly available social media where civilian deaths are celebrated horrifically by both sides, that doesn't happen on this thread.

You literally do that. Frequently.

Back when the October 7th attacks occured, you responded to the murder of Israeli children by saying the following;

1729239201712.png

1729239192954.png

They weren't settlers, and when I challenged you on that this was your response;

1729239326172.png

Yeah, I get "a bit squeamish" about children being murdered, no matter who is doing it.

Spare me with your holier than thou phony act. You're a snake.

The Americans absolutely rolling us for hundreds of billions here lol.

Its just the fancy form of the piles of gold, precious gems and exotic furs tributary states used to have to send Caeser etc

I see someone doesn’t understand the function of the CRS, nor probably read any of their reports.

Everytime they publish something it sends the Australian media into a meltdown despite not even understanding their function.

You literally do that. Frequently.

Back when the October 7th attacks occured, you responded to the murder of Israeli children by saying the following;

View attachment 2146926

View attachment 2146925

They weren't settlers, and when I challenged you on that this was your response;

View attachment 2146927

Yeah, I get "a bit squeamish" about children being murdered, no matter who is doing it.

Spare me with your holier than thou phony act. You're a snake.

None of that is celebrating anything.

And we're still at that same point hey, glad you brought that up actually, you've still never ever told us what you think a legitimate of resistance is to the genocide.

You dismiss the actual resistance as "terrorists" a year into the genocide.

You never tell us what the Palestinians should actually DO about the genocide you agree is happening.

I see someone doesn’t understand the function of the CRS, nor probably read any of their reports.

Oh I know what it is, I've been making this point about AUKUS pretty much since it happened.

Try and keep up.

Everytime they publish something it sends the Australian media into a meltdown despite not even understanding their function.

Interestingly, the people who claim is Victoria is broke tend to rely on stuff dreamed up by our local equivalent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Israel was founded on the basis of theft and terrorism.

Disgusting. This is blatant anti-semitism.

Does that make it a legitimate state?

Israel is a legitimate state. Which makes the current situation all the more disappointing and demoralising.

In the same way that I vehemently oppose Russia's aggression in Ukraine, I vehemently oppose Israel's ongoing acts of aggression in the region.

Obviously though, it's a little more complicated in Israel/Palestine/Lebanon. All sides are active contributors to the aggression and continue to provoke each other. It's not as black and white as it is in Ukraine, where Russia's invasion cannot be justified whatsoever.

Does that make its founders different from Sinwar?

What a stupid, stupid question.

You never tell us what the Palestinians should actually DO about the genocide you agree is happening.

Yeah, take the hint the first 3 times I ignored you;

I'm not playing your bullshit little 'gotcha' games with bad-faith questions.

Disgusting. This is blatant anti-semitism.

Likud, which has been part of nearly every government in Israel's history is directly "descended" from Irgun the paramilitary/terrorist group that carried out the massacre I mentioned earlier, in April 1948.. Irgun were terrorists who carried out ethnic cleansing of Palestinians. Another group - Lehi - assassinated the UN peace envoy in 1948.

Israel is a legitimate state. Which makes the current situation all the more disappointing and demoralising.

In the same way that I vehemently oppose Russia's aggression in Ukraine, I vehemently oppose Israel's ongoing acts of aggression in the region.

Obviously though, it's a little more complicated in Israel/Palestine/Lebanon. All sides are active contributors to the aggression and continue to provoke each other. It's not as black and white as it is in Ukraine, where Russia's invasion cannot be justified whatsoever.

You probably think Australia is a legitimate state too even tho the impossible to ignore implication of the second Mabo case is that it isn't. it was also founded in theft and terrorism.

What a stupid, stupid question.

So you think Menachem Begin and Yitzah Shamir and somehow different to Sinwar?

Can you explain why?

ferball if your criteria for what makes a 'legitimate state' and what doesn't is a bloody history of conflict then what countries on Earth do you consider legitimate?

I loved (and still do) Propaghandi when I was an angsty little teenager too. Saw them live multiple times, and have drunkenly sung Bro Hymn arm-in-arm with mates too many times to count.

But modern politics are slightly more complicated than you'd know if you base your worldview on their lyrics.

Australia could legitimise itself thru treaties cos contrary to what you think I think, the reason for Australia's illegitimacy is a question over the validity of the British Act of Parliament that authorised the transmission of law and sovereignty to the Australian parliament enabling the federal government. The legal basis the British parliament relied on - Australia as land that was Terra Nullius - was incorrect and not factually accurate.

If the states, territories and federal gov. started (and finished) a process where treaties were signed in the most reasonable manner possible then it would legitimise the country in its current form.

Australia could legitimise itself thru treaties cos contrary to what you think I think, the reason for Australia's illegitimacy is a question over the validity of the British Act of Parliament that authorised the transmission of law and sovereignty to the Australian parliament enabling the federal government. The legal basis the British parliament relied on - Australia as land that was Terra Nullius - was incorrect and not factually accurate.

You're not a sovereign citizen cooker, are you?

I'm just checking.

You're not a sovereign citizen cooker, are you?

I'm just checking.
Maybe you should learn a little about your nations history instead of trying to find excuses to not think about things.

And to answer your question (which is something at least one of us does) ... I've known a few so called sovereign citizens (most were indigenous people funnily enough, the rest hid in the hills and grew weed) but I've never killed them then cooked or eaten them.

Weird question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back