Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

So you believe these US statements in one post but disregard them in the next?

Playing his cards pretty close to his chest there to the media from Mr Austin I'd say.

Considering Cong. Mike Turner (R) Chair of the Intelligence committee issued a media release demanding an immediate classified briefing from Biden on Friday regarding North Korean troop movements into Ukraine.

You wouldn't think there'd be that sort of reaction if he thought the topic was simply a media beat up.

I'll wait for another week or so before determining either position.

Last edited:
So you believe these US statements in one post but disregard them in the next?

Set your watch to this;

You'll figure Warlord out pretty quickly. His system is not complex;
  1. If it makes Russia look good, it's true
  2. If it makes Russia look bad, it's fake news

Australia really is one of the understated world leaders in military UAV's at the moment.

The Ghost Bat, Ghost Shark and Strix are all next gen platforms with big futures.

In addition to the Port Melbourne developed Corvo cardboard/rubber band drone that the Ukranians have been ordering 100's of per month and that they used in a swarm attack that destroyed a number of Russian fighter jets at the Kursk airfield in 2023.

Last edited:

Australia really is one of the understated world leaders in military UAV's at the moment.

The Ghost Bat, Ghost Shark and Strix are all next gen platforms with big futures.

Only in Australia would we show off cutting edge tech like that, in what looks like a standard backyard Aussie shed.

I'm sure just out of frame of that video is a 1990s Kelvinator fridge full of VB.

Last edited:

thanks to bigfooty "Indigenous Campaigner" has taken on a whole new meaning.

love this though. Don't agree with her about everything obviously but I can't imagine being against her on this. Like, to support an institution that in living memory was used to overthrow our democratically elected government, to prevent our country from exercising sovereignty? A head of state who holds the position through a direct line of inheritance from the one who authorised the settler colonialism of this land and genocide of its people? Monarchism is not compatible with even a moderate support for indigenous people, I'm sorry. The King (feels absurd to say) should not be able to set foot in our country without facing this kind of backlash.

Imagine saying this to someone else, and then proceeding to go on a rant about how Russia is great and apparently it was AKSHUALLY a good thing that they invaded Afghanistan and then left.
You realise he didn't akshully do what you're accusing him of yeah.

Yeah. I can't imagine supporting him or ever being in lock-step with him in terms of his policies and worldview.

Would make me take a massive pause.
You never watched that MorePerfectUnion video I linked did you.

Don't agree with her about everything obviously but I can't imagine being against her on this.

It's the right message, delivered in a less-than-perfect way, by the absolutely wrong messenger.

(Bring on a Republic ASAP pleaseeee)

It's the right message, delivered in a less-than-perfect way, by the absolutely wrong messenger.

(Bring on a Republic ASAP pleaseeee)
Who the hell are you to decide who can and can't speak for indigenous people?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, please.

We've been over Lidia Thorpe before. I'm not going over it again.

Oh, please.

We've been over Lidia Thorpe before. I'm not going over it again.
Its none of your business what indigenous people speak for indigenous people. You're that up yourself that you think your opinion matters?

Anyway what's interesting is the way you keep ignoring the video I'm talking about. More Perfect Union is a leftwing youtube channel.

They went to some bush county in the south with a long term history of voting Democrat until Trump. They interviewed the people, most or all of whom voted for Democrat governor, because his pro working people policies. All of those people bar one couple were voting for Trump.

They're not what you think, most of them are thoughtful and consider what they're thinking of. One of them talked about the people at the border, the so called illegals, and said wtte of "they'd be just like me and we probably have more in common than any politician."

Its none of your business what indigenous people speak for indigenous people. You're that up yourself that you think your opinion matters?

Oh get over yourself.

Come back to me when you've actually worked directly with elders like Aunty Geraldine like I have, and have heard their opinions of Lidia Thorpe.

Anyway what's interesting is the way you keep ignoring the video I'm talking about.

Yeah I have no interest to be honest. Quite frankly you've proven yourself to be a gullible and unintelligent type. I'm not really interested in the YouTube "do your own research" rabbit holes you've fallen under.

Me.

I'm an Australian and she is an Australian Senator.

Addressing the King in Parliament house like that doesn't enable her to simply slip solely into the role of an Indigenous activist without also recognizing her responsibility as a representative of all Australians as a Senator.

When she speaks in that setting, she isn't just speaking for indigenous people.

Last edited:

And to add to that, if you actually listen to the Victorian Elders doing actual good work on the issue of Treaty, they aren't shy in telling you how much they dislike Lidia Thorpe and stating that she doesn't represent them.

Lidia has burned a lot of bridges with the Victorian indigenous community.

Me.

I'm an Australian and she is an Australian Senator.

Addressing the King in Parliament house like that doesn't enable her to simply slip solely into the role of an Indigenous activist without also recognizing her responsibility as a representative of all Australians as a Senator.

Look that's your right. Its a free country.

There are plenty of non indigenous Australians who would agree with her. Even Chad agrees with the sentiment, just not the person speaking it.

Look that's your right. Its a free country.

There are plenty of non indigenous Australians who would agree with her. Even Chad agrees with the sentiment, just not the person speaking it.

I agree with it too, in most respects.

However, she's only invited to that ceremony in her capacity as a Senator of Australia.

If she wants to make that comment, do it elsewhere and preferably deliver it differently.

Totally inappropriate.

And to add to that, if you actually listen to the Victorian Elders doing actual good work on the issue of Treaty, they aren't shy in telling you how much they dislike Lidia Thorpe and stating that she doesn't represent them.

Lidia has burned a lot of bridges with the Victorian indigenous community.
And when was it your business to tell people all this?

You don't know all the elders in Victoria and you don't know what sides you're taking in another peoples political arguments.

Oh get over yourself.

Come back to me when you've actually worked directly with elders like Aunty Geraldine like I have, and have heard their opinions of Lidia Thorpe.

No I won't do that, if I worked with (or more likely hung out with) that mob I'd keep my mouth shut about those opinions in public. I learned that decades ago after working with elders on other things.

Yeah I have no interest to be honest. Quite frankly you've proven yourself to be a gullible and unintelligent type. I'm not really interested in the YouTube "do your own research" rabbit holes you've fallen under.

I used to live in Gullibal country so I'll take that as a compliment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back