Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

When someone else stands up and does it then Lydia Thorpe won't be the person leading that charge will she.

This is the point I've been making though (and what I was saying last time Lidia Thorpe was discussed as an issue).

Part of the reason (in fact a big part) that so many Elders and activitists from the community she reports to represent disavow her is precisely because of how she actively gatekeeps/white-ants/abuses other people rising up in the space.

Lidia is about one thing above all else; Lidia.

She's a grifter, dude. She has not only put herself in charge of the Blak Sovereign movement (and pushed out many, many people who put in the hard yards for years in this space), but she works hard to ensure no one can unseat her from the throne of her own making.

The real issue here is you're just another aggressive white male know it all who wants to shut down anyone or any facts that challenges your worldview.

If that's how you describe someone who challenges you for posting literal ultra-fascists, then... sure.

I give it <6 months until you're in lock-step with Elon, crying about censorship and cancel culture from the 'woke mind virus'.

She's a Senator for Victoria who was elected comfortably, albeit as a Green

She wasn't elected. Her party was, she secured a seat because of proportional representation and the popularity of the Australian Greens.

She received .02% of the vote below the line, for voters voting specifically for her.

The Australian Greens received the other 99.97% of their 882,000 approx votes.

Then she bailed on them, almost as soon as she'd proclaimed that oath.

There's a reason she isn't contesting the next election, she wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting a seat as an independant.

Correct.

They have a right to use all available means in armed struggle in achieving self determination from a foreign occupier under the same international law.

With one key caveat, they don’t violate international humanitarian law and they don’t engage in terrorism. Which pretty much revolves around deliberate targeting of civilians and non combatants.

Which Hamas do on a regular basis.

Which Israel’s military and leadership do on a regular basis.

They should both be declared terrorist organizations by all of western society.
To give the Palestinians statehood means they then have the right under international law to have an army.
And Israel doesn't want that.

And so they will continue to block the 2-state solution, continue to uphold the Palestinians in the West Bank to apartheid and continue the genocide in Gaza.

And if anyone dares retaliate than they are a terrorist.

If you had to put up with this for 76 years and see your home stolen or demolished, parents or siblings killed and the international community abandon you, what hope do you have left other than to fight for your freedom?
And sadly you get labelled a terrorist.

And so we rinse and repeat.

If that's how you describe someone who challenges you for posting literal ultra-fascists, then... sure.

No its someone who watches you pick fights with everyone who you decide is wrong on multiple platforms.

I RT'd some Russian loving ******* who posted an interesting video about some drones onto a thread about war and you had some mega meltdown like you do every time some posts something you disagree with.

Its boring and I'm over it, I just want to talk about international affairs shit with normal people, not fight with some weirdo all day.

She wasn't elected. Her party was, she secured a seat because of proportional representation and the popularity of the Australian Greens.

She had a very strong personal brand - she did win Northcote in 2017 after all.

Would Candidate X have got elected top of the Green ticket though?

Yes, most likely

She received .02% of the vote below the line, for voters voting specifically for her.

The Australian Greens received the other 99.97% of their 882,000 approx votes.

Then she bailed on them, almost as soon as she'd proclaimed that oath.

There's a reason she isn't contesting the next election, she wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting a seat as an independant.

Yes, agreed on all.

There's only one person charging down the hard right path here, and it is you.

Really?

Can you point to just one thing you think makes me 'hard right'?

Last time I checked, I'm not the one;
  • doomscrolling facsists on twitter and reposting them.
  • in total agreement with Trump and the fascists on Ukraine.
  • parroting the Russian propaganda that Ukraine, that democratically elected a Jewish president, is a 'nazi state'.
  • in lock-step with literal neo-nazis like Nick Fuentes on the topic of Israel.
  • palling around in an echo-chamber forum thread with sovcit defenders, covid cookers, and Biden truthers, having a sook when someone dares to disrupt it.
It's weird. You say you "watch [me] pick fights with everyone who you decide is wrong on multiple platforms", but you conveniently leave out the key common denominator there; I call out fascists and Trump supporters.

It's funny that you include yourself as the aggrieved party there, hmm?

(Oh, and before you lazily attempt what you always attempt and try and play the nonsense little KGB games; I've said multiple times that Azov and all Nazis are bad, and that Israel is an apartheid state committing atrocities against Palestine).

It's weird. You say you "watch [me] pick fights with everyone who you decide is wrong on multiple platforms", but you conveniently leave out the key common denominator there; I call out fascists and Trump supporters.

(Oh, and before you lazily attempt what you always attempt and try and play the nonsense little KGB games; I've said multiple times that Azov and all Nazis are bad, and that Israel is an apartheid state committing atrocities against Palestine).

You picked a fight with the club because they changed your seats/you didn't like how they told you about it.

This stuff about "KGB games" is insane person talk. Seek help and leave me alone, I'm over being a party to your aggressive delusions.

This whole beef between you and me started because you PMd another poster briefing about me ffs, you're an obsessive , go away.

You picked a fight with the club because they changed your seats/you didn't like how they told you about it.

Hahahaha literally a full year later and you still seem to have difficulty accepting what actually happened with that, despite me explaining it to you in plain English numerous times.

Hilarious.

This stuff about "KGB games" is insane person talk.

1729572685701.png

1729572763523.png

This whole beef between you and me started because you PMd another poster briefing about me ffs

Oh really? Is that why it started? Hey do me a favour; remind me why I PM'd Val originally? I don't think I just PM'd him out of the blue... strange.

I'm sure it's at the tip of my memory here somewhere...

This is the point I've been making though (and what I was saying last time Lidia Thorpe was discussed as an issue).

Part of the reason (in fact a big part) that so many Elders and activitists from the community she reports to represent disavow her is precisely because of how she actively gatekeeps/white-ants/abuses other people rising up in the space.

Lidia is about one thing above all else; Lidia.

She's a grifter
, dude. She has not only put herself in charge of the Blak Sovereign movement (and pushed out many, many people who put in the hard yards for years in this space), but she works hard to ensure no one can unseat her from the throne of her own making.
You may be right but I've heard alot of white people say exactly that about indigenous activists for as long as I can remember. The Blak Sovereign movement is angry and radical and doesn't really want Australia to continue the way it is, essentially. Just about every whitefella who works to improve indigenous lives and alot of blackfellas working with them do.

Anyway Albo is all about Albo, Scummo was all about Scummo, Tony Abbott was the same along with Malcolm Turnbull as well. They all white anted, abused people and gatekept their way to the top and they work hard to stay there.

Anyway Albo is all about Albo, Scummo was all about Scummo, Tony Abbott was the same along with Malcolm Turnbull as well. They all white anted, abused people and gatekept their way to the top and they work hard to stay there.

You're right of course, but at least none of those politicians did it while draping themselves in the cloth of activism and purporting to be the voice of an important movement.

Oh really? Is that why it started? Hey do me a favour; remind me why I PM'd Val originally? I don't think I just PM'd him out of the blue... strange.

Its because you're an obsessive stalkery weirdo who is actually starting to concern me.

You're on ignore, don't reply to me again.

Its because you're an obsessive stalkery weirdo who is actually starting to concern me.

You're on ignore, don't reply to me again.

What's this, the third or fourth time you've said you've put me on ignore?

And then you can't help yourself but to spend the next weeks and months subtweeting me thinking you're subtle and clever.

Ahhh the cycle continues.

1729574177414.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really?

Can you point to just one thing you think makes me 'hard right'?

Last time I checked, I'm not the one;
  • doomscrolling facsists on twitter and reposting them.
  • in total agreement with Trump and the fascists on Ukraine.
  • parroting the Russian propaganda that Ukraine, that democratically elected a Jewish president, is a 'nazi state'.
  • in lock-step with literal neo-nazis like Nick Fuentes on the topic of Israel.
  • palling around in an echo-chamber forum thread with sovcit defenders, covid cookers, and Biden truthers, having a sook when someone dares to disrupt it.

Man I hate jumping into someone else's fight but reading this... you are cooked as the people you spend every post railing against. Your neurology is going thru a process of ossification. Men over 40 are very prone to it and its extremely hard work to resist it.

Anyway there are reports, from Ukrainians, that Russian speaking Ukrainian children who are refugees from the Donbass and are staying around Lviv are banned from speaking Russian on school grounds at any time and they face discrimination, punishment and abuse if they do.

(BTW That guy spends most of his tweets criticising Putin for his invasion and its consequences.)

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

To give the Palestinians statehood means they then have the right under international law to have an army.
And Israel doesn't want that.

For what it's worth, Israel aren't the only state in the region who likely don't want to see a Palestinian 'army'.

Syria, Egypt, Lebanon, and Jordan all would be very uneasy with it, and the Gulf states have a very problematic history with Palestinians. (e.g Kuwait took in Palestinian refugees in the 80s, and then those same refugees actively supported Saddam's invasion of Kuwait).

Palestine's history in the region is tragic and full of despair. It's awful. And of course, Israel has been by far the #1 cause of their suffering, don't for a second get me wrong. But let's not forget that there's been multiple instances of massacres of Palestinians in refugee camps conducted by Lebanese Shia forces, etc.

And unfortunately, in the instances where Palestinian refugees have been welcomed into neighbouring countries, it's almost always resulted in violence. It happened in Jordan. It happened in Egypt. It ruined Lebanon...

Don't forget, Israel literally offered the entirety of Gaza to Egypt as part of the peace deal that saw the Sinai return to Egypt. And Egypt refused Gaza.

There's no simple solution to the issue - but the most realistic solution is for a genuine two-state system. It won't be perfect, but as long as Palestine is legitimately independent and free, it's a start.

You're right of course, but at least none of those politicians did it while draping themselves in the cloth of activism and purporting to be the voice of an important movement.

My point is any leader of a movement will do the same thing.

Its very rare to find leaders who aren't ego trippers. Often they identify with whatever it is they are leading and attach their identity to it in a way that drives them into that behaviour.

Name one.

Tall al-Zatar?
The War of the Camps?

And don't forget Sabra and Shatila, which wasn't Shia but was a Lebanese massacre of Palestinians all the same.

And that's just a few of the more prominent examples. There's plenty of smaller ones.

I’m going to read up on it

You’re very informative

Thanks - a combination of being a geo-political junkie, having a double-degree in International Relations and Political Science, and having ADHD in the information age. ;)

What's this, the third or fourth time you've said you've put me on ignore?

And then you can't help yourself but to spend the next weeks and months subtweeting me thinking you're subtle and clever.

Ahhh the cycle continues.

View attachment 2149626

Juts to be very clear, this is because your already obsessive and stalkery behaviour has escalated to threats of violence of late.

When it was just me I didn't give a shit about internet wars, I have a family now and frankly you are a danger to them.

I don't have anything against you personally, but I've visited enough friends in those ugly buildings in the north east corner of Royal Park to recognise what is happening when I see it.

Look after yourself man, I mean that, one Shinboner to another.

Juts to be very clear, this is because your already obsessive and stalkery behaviour has escalated to threats of violence of late.

When it was just me I didn't give a shit about internet wars, I have a family now and frankly you are a danger to them.

I don't have anything against you personally, but I've visited enough friends in those ugly buildings in the north east corner of Royal Park to recognise what is happening when I see it.

Look after yourself man, I mean that, one Shinboner to another.

This might unironically be the funniest thing you've ever posted. Ever.

Tall al-Zatar?

And don't forget Sabra and Shatila, which wasn't Shia but was a Lebanese massacre of Palestinians all the same.

And that's just a few of the more prominent examples. There's plenty of smaller ones.
Neither of those incidents were massacres by Lebanese Shia. They were both carried out by Christian Phalangist militia. ie Lebanese Christian Fascists. can you name any other massacres perpetuated against Palestinians by Lebanese Shia that don't don't involve the Shia taking sides in a conflict between Palestinian groups? Cos I don't think there have been any.

The War of the Camps?
This was as much a conflict between Palestinians as it was a conflict between Amal and the PLO. It lasted years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The NM Devil's Chessboard Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back