Oppo Camp The Non-Essendon Thread VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remind me of us in our first year under Hird.

Start like a house on fire... but challenges await. They won't be the bottom 4 team like many predicted but will be dangerous to play in Adelaide... thankfully we avoid another trip there this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow

Carlton VS Geelong game had so little pressure - even taking into account that Etihad is a fast track. Geelong played like millionaires, slipped through many Carlton tackles with ease, flipped the ball around like they were playing ping pong.

Geelong can improve heaps, unsure about Carlton.

I didn't expect this from Port.

They're a serious team.

Or Adelaide are shithouse

It is a bit of both. Port always had a lot of decent players that they weren't getting a lot out of for all the reasons under the sun.

The real test for Adelaide was always going to be what happened when their draw went from + 8 from the outset (with two games against each of GWS, GC, a horrible Port and a horrible Melbourne) to something a little more challenging. It has come as no surprise to me that they have come back to the field.

Whatever happens with Port later on, it shows you what good sweeping change at all levels can do, without hacking through the playing list.

Melbourne would do well to watch and learn. You can pick yourself up off the canvas with the right personnel in admin and in the coach's box.

Whatever happens with Port later on, it shows you what good sweeping change at all levels can do, without hacking through the playing list.

Melbourne would do well to watch and learn. You can pick yourself up off the canvas with the right personnel in admin and in the coach's box.

Port recruited fringe players from other clubs who were in their early 20's. Melbourne went for good Afl players who were near the end of their career. Port recruited hungry players who wanted to prove themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back