The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed that practically half of the Penrith team came from the St. Marys Saints. Can I presume that is their feeder team? If so, then huge kudos to them.

PS: As a Southampton supporter, whose nickname is the Saints and play their home games at St.Marys, there is something ironical about a feeder club being called that. You could call Penrith the EPL Liverpool equivalent then!
No, St Marys are a club in the Penrith Junior League.

They’re also the biggest thanks to them having a Leagues Club full of pokies - the sort of outfit that offer PlayStations to the best kids from other clubs to join them…..

Agree with this ….Lots of players from that team moving on… ld say broncos and possibly warriors will be up there next year…however a few other teams in the 8 have let’s say player space after moving on a few players since seasons end… aka shopping time 💰
It’ll be tough with Crichton in particular leaving but I thought the same this time last year when Api and Kikau left.

It’ll be tough with Crichton in particular leaving but I thought the same this time last year when Api and Kikau left.
I think you have a strong system and facilities in place, from juniors through to seconds.. it’s one thing lve always marvelled at as an afl /late comer to nrl …the money and investment compared to here…it’s night and day…and yes lm aware it’s pokies….but the restaurants / bars….that would be awesome at Arden street. Dreaming l know.

..you have a strong nursery of youngsters playing to the club system….it’s that next player up. What’s lost on other team supporters is that you haven’t gone out and purchased players ala kevvi. At the broncos…..eg capewell, Reyonalds, Walsh. hence the money is better spent at your club…I tip my hat to your GM ..as they are doing a sterling job. ..and l admire it…and it should be rewarded by the nrl …not pilliaged…
but yes its difficult when 3 of your best leave in consecutive years…nrl argue it’s salary cap….l call bs….more like insane amounts of money….hello dolphins….and your club is absolutely in their rights to be annoyed as you have brought them up through your ranks…lve Never liked this …and think it’s unfair on these clubs… nrl needs to re think and assist these clubs …maybe like free agency here but….clubs get a better deal….to retain these players who they have had for 10 years plus as kids…
as an opposition supporter l still think you Will be there again next year….congrats and enjoy the win and don’t go off the rails .

I think you have a strong system and facilities in place, from juniors through to seconds.. it’s one thing lve always marvelled at as an afl /late comer to nrl …the money and investment compared to here…it’s night and day…and yes lm aware it’s pokies….but the restaurants / bars….that would be awesome at Arden street. Dreaming l know.

..you have a strong nursery of youngsters playing to the club system….it’s that next player up. What’s lost on other team supporters is that you haven’t gone out and purchased players ala kevvi. At the broncos…..eg capewell, Reyonalds, Walsh. hence the money is better spent at your club…I tip my hat to your GM ..as they are doing a sterling job. ..and l admire it…and it should be rewarded by the nrl …not pilliaged…
but yes its difficult when 3 of your best leave in consecutive years…nrl argue it’s salary cap….l call bs….more like insane amounts of money….hello dolphins….and your club is absolutely in their rights to be annoyed as you have brought them up through your ranks…lve Never liked this …and think it’s unfair on these clubs… nrl needs to re think and assist these clubs …maybe like free agency here but….clubs get a better deal….to retain these players who they have had for 10 years plus as kids…
as an opposition supporter l still think you Will be there again next year….congrats and enjoy the win and don’t go off the rails .
Fact is while ever there’s no draft system to distribute talent, Penrith will always be at a huge advantage with the largest junior competition in the world.

They’ve just got to get their pathways right which they’ve done.

Fact is while ever there’s no draft system to distribute talent, Penrith will always be at a huge advantage with the largest junior competition in the world.

They’ve just got to get their pathways right which they’ve done.
Well if it’s an advantage…then keep it as long as you can which is working in their favour…..rest of the comp needs to implement or catch up….can’t see nrl bringing in a draft as there would possibly be too much of an uproar from certain “traditional “ clubs

Watched the Arsenal vs Liverpool women’s game….with curiosity watching the 3 Aussie girls (kk, fordy and cats) but gee whiz what a fizzer. There coach reminded me of Brad….no plan B.
There team is full of international players …but it was like watching individuals play not a team. It was a frustrating game watching them continually go wide and try to kick it into the box almost every single time… on top of make an attacking break then pull up and pass back to the centre 🤦‍♂️ Very little chase or player enthusiasm…and oddly players playing out of the position…👋 Katie Mcabe🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
add on top their GK was very ordinary and let in an absolute howler….
With all the hype and this performance l can’t see them going far after that lack lustre game style of :
attack and bugger we have advantage….pull back to the centre quick
and go down the side, send in a cross to a 1v4 every time…..then rinse and repeat hoping for a change🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Come to think of it…very Brad like performance….
night all.

Watched the Arsenal vs Liverpool women’s game….with curiosity watching the 3 Aussie girls (kk, fordy and cats) but gee whiz what a fizzer. There coach reminded me of Brad….no plan B.
There team is full of international players …but it was like watching individuals play not a team. It was a frustrating game watching them continually go wide and try to kick it into the box almost every single time… on top of make an attacking break then pull up and pass back to the centre 🤦‍♂️ Very little chase or player enthusiasm…and oddly players playing out of the position…👋 Katie Mcabe🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
add on top their GK was very ordinary and let in an absolute howler….
With all the hype and this performance l can’t see them going far after that lack lustre game style of :
attack and bugger we have advantage….pull back to the centre quick
and go down the side, send in a cross to a 1v4 every time…..then rinse and repeat hoping for a change🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Come to think of it…very Brad like performance….
night all.

Well if it’s an advantage…then keep it as long as you can which is working in their favour…..rest of the comp needs to implement or catch up….can’t see nrl bringing in a draft as there would possibly be too much of an uproar from certain “traditional “ clubs
They implemented a draft 30 years ago and it got challenged and thrown out in court.

There are occasional calls for it but I can’t see it happening.

They implemented a draft 30 years ago and it got challenged and thrown out in court.

There are occasional calls for it but I can’t see it happening.
nope…agreed …particularly when uncle Nick likes to use ..ahem special assistance in player poaching..

Great day for the aussies…Big Ange top of the table….haha prove the doubters wrong. With 10 men

and theAussie women against a star studded mu team…

Great day all round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointed Gordon Ramsay GIF by BBC

Timmy gets it done. Then calls out Charlo.

Volk coming in on a week and half notice against Islam.

Gotta love Aussie combat sports fighters. Tough and crazy campaigners. Love em.

The " Soul Taker "

Timmy gets it done. Then calls out Charlo.

Volk coming in on a week and half notice against Islam.

Gotta love Aussie combat sports fighters. Tough and crazy campaigners. Love em.
Smart fighter. Studied his opponent and knew his strengths and weaknesses and battled around it. What an incredible performance from Tim.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Non-Footy Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back