Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

While some people think its a joke that he even got fined I think its a joke that it was only $20.000, I know what Jack did, but for a senior coach to do this after the game and its not the first time Hinkley has done something like this is just plain out stupidity and embarrassing and while he vents out at supporters not being intelligent about certain things with the club and that he's not worried about his future, his actions this year paint a man who is very much under the pump pressure wise and just another episode against Hawthorn to prove the point. I hope port extend his contract another two or three years and that Koshie stays there as well, truly a match made in heaven.
I'm not sure it needs more than 20k. In line with what some of the other coaches recieved before.
At the time I loved seeing the Hawks media mafia sulking about it but upon reflection Hinkley could've done better.
The AFL can't ignore the optics of an opposition coach having an altercation with an oppo player after the game.
That stuff can filter down towards the lower levels of footy and there could be some ugly indicidents if it's seen as ok.

I can understand the viewpoint that he's entitled to clap back at Ginni and the Hawks but Hinkley could have said something in an interview or in his presser like "I guess we're the one's seeing the Swans in 14 days" and had the last laugh.

I'm not sure it needs more than 20k. In line with what some of the other coaches recieved before.
At the time I loved seeing the Hawks media mafia sulking about it but upon reflection Hinkley could've done better.
The AFL can't ignore the optics of an opposition coach having an altercation with an oppo player after the game.
That stuff can filter down towards the lower levels of footy and there could be some ugly indicidents if it's seen as ok.

I can understand the viewpoint that he's entitled to clap back at Ginni and the Hawks but Hinkley could have said something in an interview or in his presser like "I guess we're the one's seeing the Swans in 14 days" and had the last laugh.

It's not like Hinkley was flying the flag or anything. His team had just narrowly won and instead of enjoying the moment he singles out an opposition player to punch down on. Epitomises the type of person Hinkley is tbh, which is no more than a petty bully with the mind of a 13 year old.

The Hawks carry on is really grating and cringey but that doesn't excuse the way Hinkley behaved as someone who's been a head coach for more than a decade.

Hayden Skipworth a past Kerridge favourite

Apparently part of the 20k fine that Ken got was because Port as a club refused to answer the questions of the AFL.

Also, unrelated, Kane Cornes has 'whacked' JHF on the footy show over not being fit enough to run games out.

I'm not usually in line with AFL thinking, but I think officialdom makes a strong point about Hinkley setting an example for community football - coaches taunting opposition players leaving the field seems to me to be a good way to start a brawl on most suburban grounds

I'm not usually in line with AFL thinking, but I think officialdom makes a strong point about Hinkley setting an example for community football - coaches taunting opposition players leaving the field seems to me to be a good way to start a brawl on most suburban grounds

Totally agree…and the problem last Friday night was the proximity to each other and the emotion could have seen it escalate into a scuffle which creates a bigger problem

This fine is heavily weighted to be a deterrence

Just like Clarko pre season

Just shut up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Handbags, ladies.

360 have their favourites. Robbo reckons Hinkley and Fagan are good blokes and any criticism is unfounded. Be part of 'the 360 family' and be immune from scrutiny.

The show is hopelessly self indulgent. Hosted by a sycophant and a drunken buffoon. Can't believe it just won an award.

360 have their favourites. Robbo reckons Hinkley and Fagan are good blokes and any criticism is unfounded. Be part of 'the 360 family' and be immune from scrutiny.

The show is hopelessly self indulgent. Hosted by a sycophant and a drunken buffoon. Can't believe it just won an award.
The twisted magic of 360 for me is that I find Whateley insufferable and sanctimonious and Robbo awkward and captious when either attempt to host the show with a guest.

But for some reason, their respective awfulness, when they have to share a desk for an hour, is somehow mostly cathartic.

Its like the show strings you along, leading you to expect Robbo is always just a minute away from totally losing his shit, only for Whateley to rein him in with some contrived bullshit, which Robbo calls him out for, and the cycle continues.

A bit like Top Gear. All three hosts have been awful in their solo projects, but the chemistry and conflict between the three of them somehow paid off because of that friction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back