The Official Alex Doolan Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately the great man fell for a hard-earned 17 off 41 balls in a solid hit-out for the 2nd XI ahead of his selection in the 15-man World Cup squad to be announced this afternoon. Not sure who is the skip for that match, but possibly should throw the ball to Doolan for a few overs to ensure the selectors are aware of his all-round talents.

I have had the pleasure of facing the great man in the backyard of his gorgeous home. He is deadly.

At 6* overnight, where can the big man take this innings?

He would have gone through every shot in his head last night as he drifted off to sleep. I think he'll score quickly and with elegance.
They probably won't bat for long so it may just be a quick cameo ala Leonard Siraguisa in Kenny.

well wat a thread...;)
hows he going to go this weekend in the kookaburra cup final,
will smash the glenorchy bowlers on his flute if all i hear in this thread has any truth!!

Is this man in line for a baggygreen (tassie shade) for the 2 upcoming PC matches, given Tassie are set to name 11 batsmen in an attempt to play out 2 lifeless draws in succession?

Surely Dools must be a chance soon for a Tassie call-up.

He is the leading TCA run-scorer with 452 runs at 75.33 and yesterday in the Sharks semi-final against Launceston he overshadwed Tigers stars Birt and Bailey with a majestic 105 n.o. off 91 balls including 18 boundaries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the leading TCA run-scorer with 452 runs at 75.33 and yesterday in the Sharks semi-final against Launceston he overshadwed Tigers stars Birt and Bailey with a majestic 105 n.o. off 91 balls including 18 boundaries.
I'd pick him ahead of Birt, at least in the Pura Cup anyway. Birt had that decent innings against Queensland in the one-dayers but I can't seem to remember any others recently.

why not give him a go, nothing to loose.

Great to see the thread up and about again.
A handy 42 on friday night in the 20/20 final...rescued the side after they were 3/12.
Will he play a pura cup game before the season's over?

Great to see the thread up and about again.
A handy 42 on friday night in the 20/20 final...rescued the side after they were 3/12.
Will he play a pura cup game before the season's over?

if he hits another century or two this year in the TCA or Comm Cup he's a chance to make a squad of 12 if there are injuries. But with Anderson 12th man, he's ahead of him at the moment.

Additionally Lockyear is ahead of him in my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Alex Doolan Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back