Mega Thread The Official Camry Crows in Season Lolz Thread (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

It was an illegal bump dumbo.
No. If Rankine bounced up no one would care this is what a sniper bump looks like..

ADGIWQ.gif

You must sleep with the lights on or have barely watched the sport if you think Houston's bump was that dramatic, the outcome was dramatic and that's what they punish so the suspension was expected.

In previous yes, I would agree with your sentimenonies, but in the last 3 years the AFL and MRP/Tribunal have openly stated that bumps to head (even arguably incident contact) that result in concussions will be met with a harsh penalty.

I think from an appeals point of view, Port and Houston can consider themselves unlucky that both Charlie Cameron and Toby Bedford's concussion creating acts was let off on the Appeals board.

If I was adjudicator, would have given Houston somewhere between 1-2 weeks (he had a choice to lower his shoulder imho)

In previous yes, I would agree with your sentimenonies, but in the last 3 years the AFL and MRP/Tribunal have openly stated that bumps to head (even arguably incident contact) that result in concussions will be met with a harsh penalty.

I think from an appeals point of view, Port and Houston can consider themselves unlucky that both Charlie Cameron and Toby Bedford's concussion creating acts was let off on the Appeals board.

If I was adjudicator, would have given Houston somewhere between 1-2 weeks (he had a choice to lower his shoulder imho)
This is where you are not listening you can text book shirt front and cop a ban if a player gets concussion from whiplash, you choose to bump etc. is the messaging. The AFL are too gutless to rule out a longstanding part of the game so they are just waiting for it to become as rare as a drop kick.

This is where you are not listening you can text book shirt front and cop a ban if a player gets concussion from whiplash, you choose to bump etc. is the messaging. The AFL are too gutless to rule out a longstanding part of the game so they are just waiting for it to become as rare as a drop kick.

The AFL is scared of getting lawsuits/sued by former players and their families after suffering on field concussion/head knocks.
Former Eagles Sheppard and Veneables the latest to file such action against the AFL

In most instances in the past i would have heartily agreed with you, but then I remember the tragedy of Shane Tuck and the toll of constant head knocks on his professional football career took on his post AFL career.

Surely we can all agree that we never want to see such a tragedy like Shane Tuck happen again to current or past players.

I am no mechanical time expert, but I am fairly sure Houston could have ducked his shoulder and gone for Rankine's shoulder instead of head..

As harsh and unjust Houston's suspension was (which I concur with) hopefully cases like this will be a lesson in future for defending/attacking players to aim their shoulders/elbows for their opponents shoulders/not heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your trolling attemps are getting worse by the day. Time to log off Beats.

The crows last 5 years of results are worse than any Adelaide based team at any stage in the AFL.

You're worse than the Primus Tarps Power.

Sucked in.

Sucked in.

If you think I wasn't expecting this you are sorely mistaken. I made peace with it days ago. Doesn't change the fact that the crows are a total dumpster fire of a team and we'll be free of Hinkley's shackles next year.

If you think I wasn't expecting this you are sorely mistaken. I made peace with it days ago. Doesn't change the fact that the crows are a total dumpster fire of a team and we'll be free of Hinkley's shackles next year.
We haven't lost a final for 7 hours - the Fruit Tingles haven't lost one for 7 years :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Official Camry Crows in Season Lolz Thread (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back