The Official "Dob in" a Turncoat Flog Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
As you should all be aware, One Brendan Fevola has finally left Carlton, after years of mediocrity

Similar to our "pro cousins" fans last year, I have no doubt that we will see a influx in the number of Carlton turncoats, and an increase in Brisbane fans

Use this thread, to spot out any turncoats, or potential turncoats.
Which Carlton flogs do we expect to turn first ?

Wonaeamirri33. Supported the Lions up until 1996/7, he's now a Melbourne flog. He's seen spoons, we've seen flags. Karma. Same story for turncoat_pride as well, interesting...

Wonaeamirri33. Supported the Lions up until 1996/7, he's now a Melbourne flog. He's seen spoons, we've seen flags. Karma. Same story for turncoat_pride as well, interesting...

That's clutching at straws and you know it. There's nothing wrong with following a different team if your original team doesn't exist any more. He supported Fitzroy, not the Lions.

That's clutching at straws and you know it. There's nothing wrong with following a different team if your original team doesn't exist any more. He supported Fitzroy, not the Lions.
Bullshit. If my team became the Dubai Lions I'd still support them. You invest so much into the club and its players, you can't just let that all go for another club.

Gibbs2Yarran, supported Richmond 8 years ago or something. I was one of the eleven that helped get him bant from Bay 13 for 11 months. :thumbsu: AKA Squibbs2Mainboard now.

I'd be upset if a key player left my club. You have to cut the Blues some slack: their team has been deliberately losing for years and stinks to high heaven, and now a favourite son has brainfarted himself 2000 miles out of the state. They will probably say and do a lot of silly things....so lets sit back and enjoy it.

Bullshit. If my team became the Dubai Lions I'd still support them. You invest so much into the club and its players, you can't just let that all go for another club.

Is this yet another Brisbane Bear who needs to be schooled?

Its so hurtful to go over the old ground again. Please get over it: Brisbane was founded in 1987 and changed guernseys a little later. Fitzroy was butchered and Brisbane got the skin and entrails, but not the heart.

I think it is nice for the old Roys that Brisbane honours the Gorillas memory, and they do it with a bit of reverence, but this "there was a merger" crap must end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbs2Yarran, supported Richmond 8 years ago or something. I was one of the eleven that helped get him bant from Bay 13 for 11 months. :thumbsu: AKA Squibbs2Mainboard now.

That was a fun day.

Shut up. You don't even have a membership nerd and I doubt you have ever gone to a live game.

SHUT up Rule ya Nonse! LOL @ Aints, was there and it was a bad day...but kinda fun!

CELTIC PRIDE--That bloody turn still pipes up---YET goes missing as soon as you bring it up! quite funny, like a rat!

reminds me of the hack milne in GF--ouch

Is this yet another Brisbane Bear who needs to be schooled?

Its so hurtful to go over the old ground again. Please get over it: Brisbane was founded in 1987 and changed guernseys a little later. Fitzroy was butchered and Brisbane got the skin and entrails, but not the heart.

I think it is nice for the old Roys that Brisbane honours the Gorillas memory, and they do it with a bit of reverence, but this "there was a merger" crap must end.

The club operations of Fitzroy and the Bears were merged, and the Bears were required to fulfill a number of conditions in relation to the Fitzroy Football Club. The merger document states that clearly. However they were not merged in the corporate sense. Fitzroy Football Club continued as a mostly independent operating entity, with its' own revenue streams, its' own board of directors, its' own shareholders and as of this year its' very own team (5 of them in fact). To this day both the Fitzroy Football Club and the Brisbane Bears-Fitzroy Australian Football Club (trading as the Brisbane Lions) are bound by the terms of the merger agreement.

Wonaeamirri33. Supported the Lions up until 1996/7, he's now a Melbourne flog.

No Fitzroy supporter should be condemned as a turncoat for supporting AFL clubs other than the Brisbane Lions. I made my choice to follow the Brisbane Lions because out of all the AFL clubs, it is the Brisbane Lions who do the most to maintaining Fitzroy's identity in the AFL. However strictly speaking they are not the same club. Even the Brisbane Lions acknowledge that. For that reason, Fitzroy supporters see little difference between say the Brisbane Lions and a Melbourne based club. And clearly they prefer to support a Melbourne- based club.

West Coast people didn't start following Richmond for Cuz's sake? Thats like following Napoleon to St Helena.

The club operations of Fitzroy and the Bears were merged, ....

Nonsense. Fitzroy were turned out of the league and their guernsey, some players, F/S rights and some odds and sods were added to an existing and ongoing Brisbane side.

... However they were not merged in the corporate sense...

...or in fact in any sense.

...Fitzroy Football Club continued as a mostly independent operating entity, with its' own revenue streams, its' own board of directors, its' own shareholders and as of this year its' very own team (5 of them in fact). To this day both the Fitzroy Football Club and the Brisbane Bears-Fitzroy Australian Football Club (trading as the Brisbane Lions) are bound by the terms of the merger agreement.

Strangely independent if they were in fact merged.

...No Fitzroy supporter should be condemned as a turncoat for supporting AFL clubs other than the Brisbane Lions. I made my choice to follow the Brisbane Lions because out of all the AFL clubs, it is the Brisbane Lions who do the most to maintaining Fitzroy's identity in the AFL. However strictly speaking they are not the same club. Even the Brisbane Lions acknowledge that. For that reason, Fitzroy supporters see little difference between say the Brisbane Lions and a Melbourne based club. And clearly they prefer to support a Melbourne- based club.

...or none at all.

I didn't have to go through what the poor Fitzroy people did and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. You put a sensible and generous case and I don't mean to rake over the coals, but its a point I can't swallow. I apologise if this is hurtful and I don't actually mean it to be so.

Certainly Brisbane have done a lot to honour Fitzroy's memory, more than my club has (we tried to rob Fitzroy when they moved to Vic Park in 1986 (IIRC), a mean deal we offered them there). But I don't want history re-written to cover up the real events. The league and its clubs booted a foundation club out.

Nonsense. Fitzroy were turned out of the league and their guernsey, some players, F/S rights and some odds and sods were added to an existing and ongoing Brisbane side.

I have a copy of the merger document in front of me as I type this. Fitzroy Football Club Ltd.'s club operations were merged with that of the Brisbane Bears. I am a shareholder of said Fitzroy Football Club and have been since 1986. If you choose not to believe that fact, well then so be it. However Dyson Hore-Lacy and the entire board of the Fitzroy Football Club, acknowledge that the club operations of the Fitzroy Football Club and the Brisbane Bears were merged, under the umbrella of the "Brisbane Bears-Fitzroy Australian Football Club Ltd." (trading as the Brisbane Lions).

Whether you can swallow it or not is immaterial. That's what happened.

Strangely independent if they were in fact merged.

I made a clear distinction between the corporate identity and the club operations in my first post. Fitzroy Football Club Ltd. (the entity of which I am a shareholder) did not have football club operations between 1997 and 2008. They regained football club operations for the first time in 2009 and fielded five teams in the VAFA. As a football club we were essentially in recess from 1997-2008, but not out of existance.

But I don't want history re-written to cover up the real events.

And what history has been re-written? What real events are been covered up?

The league and its clubs booted a foundation club out.

Yes...and? Have I suggested something different? Fitzroy Football Club Limited's club operations were merged with the Brisbane Bears and their licence to field a team in the AFL was taken away at the behest of the AFL club and the AFL commission. That doesn't alter the fact that the club operations of both clubs (the Bears and Fitzroy's) were merged.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official "Dob in" a Turncoat Flog Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back