The Official "Everything Oasis" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oasis: Definitley Maybe. Appreciation Thread.

Ray Nolan said:
You can tell a true Oasis fan by their reaction to this song. At Livid 03 in Melbourne you could tell who the hardcore fans were because they went off their nut when the band played it and they all knew the lyrics.

Does it get much better than when they do it on There & Then and John's face comes up at the end? Goosebumps all over.

The greatest rock album ever produced IMO.

Every single song is a winner (yes, even Digsy's ;)), and opening with the song "Rock 'n' Roll Star" pretty much sums up what the whole album represents.

The DVD on the album is fantastic too.

Fantastic album. Definitely one of my favourites. I became an Oasis fan through one of their lesser known songs, "D'Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman" which I used in one of my classes when I was teaching English overseas.

But for me the best album ever is Diff'rent Class by Pulp. I don't think I'll ever love an album as much as I love that one.

DM is by far their best album!!

I bought (WTS)MG? first and loved that and then went out and bought DM which well rocked my world. Slide away is one of my all time favourite songs along with Live Forever. Every song on the album is a winner though. I used to play Slide away on repeat for hours and would never get sick of it.

When I lived in Perth I used to go to see an Oasis cover band who were friends of mine and I still remember having a really intense conversation with the guy who was Liam about Slide Away and Live Forever and what they meant to us. A moment I will never forget.

Think I might go and have a listen right now :)

They are okay, I probably think this because I've only heard Wonderwall...any other major recommendations?

choc_a_holic said:
They are okay, I probably think this because I've only heard Wonderwall...any other major recommendations?

Get Out of the Thread!

DM was the best.

Columbia and Slide Away were the best songs on that album, and Live Forever was a masterpiece.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UNIT said:
Did anyone buy the mock Benson & Hedges Single boxsets that came out with all the DM and WTSMG singles in it?

I should have bought them. They are still available but are very expensive, costing around $60!

Bombers_Forever said:
I should have bought them. They are still available but are very expensive, costing around $60!

They were $50 when they came out and i've seen them around the traps from anywhere from $100 to $250.

Sporty Spice said:
They were $50 when they came out and i've seen them around the traps from anywhere from $100 to $250.

Thats ridiculous. I have a Definitley Maybe one (the silver box) containing Supersonic, Shakermaker, Live Forever and Cigerettes and Alcohol. It also contains an interview disc.
Ive also got the WTSMG one (the gold box) with Some Might Say, Roll With It, Wonderwall and Dont Look Back In Anger. Again it has the interview disc.

They were both about $35 when i bought them.

Does anyone else have the Wibbling Rivalry CD?.

Re: New Oasis single - Lyla

Went to JB at lunchtime and bought the new cd. So far, so good.

I need to play it a bit more, but it already sounds as though it has a certain "it" to it.

Oh God I hope they tour.

must admit i only heard a few songs from 'wtsmg' first and thought it was pretty good... borrowed someone's copy of 'definitely maybe' and was blown away... loved slide away, live forever, and just loved the snarling 'cigarettes & alcohol'... which is my fav. track on the album...

its a shame its been downhill ever since... but 'DM' will always be in constant rotation for me...

UNIT, rename this the (What's the story) Morning Glory appreciation thread.

Its one of my most favourite albums ever and never leaves my sight.

I think Supersonic and Live Forever are proboly the best out of Definately Maybe, but (WTS) MG must be their best ever.

What's the story morning glory? Weeeeellll Neeed a little time to wake up wake up.

:D

Re: New Oasis single - Lyla

One listen in and I am liking it. The absolute standout has to be 'Let There Be Love'. I still have the demo of the song that Noel did in the SOTSOG sessions and to listen to what this song has become, wow! Beautiful, utterly beautiful. I think it could well be one of Oasis' greatest songs. Easily their best album since (WTS)MG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back