The Official "Everything Oasis" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Oasis Are Touring!

Ray Nolan said:
Nov 28 Horden Pavillion.

Thanks. Holds about 5,000, a pain in the but to get to and you will have to line up for hours to get in but who cares. It will sell out in minutes that is for sure.

I better get a ticket or I will be so angry!

Man I am screwed (yep I am going to whinge).

I won't be able to get on the net or phone at 9am Monday the 20th (thanks to work) and then the concert in Sydney is on a Monday night, where I can't leave until 5pm and it takes about 30 minutes to get there. So by the time I line up it will be 6pm so I am sure that IF I get a ticket, I will be right at the back. :(

Re: Oasis: Definitley Maybe. Appreciation Thread.

I was a fan of Be Here Now too. There was probably about 5-6 songs which were good, the rest were not that great. I guess it is rubbished my many because Morning Glory was so good. I did love My Big Mouth and Fade In Out, the other decent songs were D'You Know what I Mean, Don't Go Away, Stand By Me and I did like All Around the World for some reason.

I got hooked into Oasis after 1st hearing "Whatever" played on the radio... loved the song found the band... found the CD... found the song was only on like an accompaning CD to DM and throught that to be weird but brought it anyway... of course listened to Whatever 1st and then the 1st CD in DM and was blown away.

So many great songs and definitely maybe their best LOL.... nahh I like the rawness of this CD more then Morning Glory or Be Here Now....\

- Live Forever ... my favourite track of theirs.
- Supersonic
- Cigarettes and Alcohol
- Rock N Roll Star

all a great songs.

SKC

Since there are plenty of Oasis fans on BF, perhaps we should have an "Oasis Dedication Thread", dedicated to all of thier work from the early 90's to today, as well as discussion on favourite songs, gigs etc?

Well, if they aren't coming to Perth, you know what that means?

ROADTRIP.

Throw everything in the back of the Soobie Sportswagon, and off the Melbourne!

This is very exciting!!!!

Must make note of that date the tickets go on sale or I will miss out again (stupid short term memory loss :eek: )

Bombers_Forever said:
Since there are plenty of Oasis fans on BF, perhaps we should have an "Oasis Dedication Thread", dedicated to all of thier work from the early 90's to today, as well as discussion on favourite songs, gigs etc?

I'll second that! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Names his kid Lennon.

Album Be Here Now was a Harrison song from the 70's and the song title Wonderwall was an experimental Harrison late 60's electronic album.

The ending of She's Electric mirrors the ending of With A Little Help From My Friends immediately after Ringo sings "friiiiiiieeeeennnddddssss"

Don't Look Back In Anger samples the piano intro from Lennon's Imagine.

Many reasons why people love and hate this band which was the best rock and roll band in the world from 94-96

nananana catman said:
My aim is to do something so stupid Liam will say something to me, it has offically become my new goal in life.

Same, could be of front page status. My head will hurt the next day though ;)

Anyone know what's going on with Ticketmaster's website? I can't find anything about Oasis, while Ticketek (for Brisbane and Sydney) has it listed. Weird...

A lot of people have very fond memories attached to the time when they first discovered Oasis- that's great, and part of what music is all about, so I don't want to be too negative. I loved Oasis as much as the next man, up to and even including BHN...I went to see 'em in concert, and a more ragged, undisciplined performance I struggle to recall! Put in a nutshell, the first couple of albums were sensational- good to see 'Columbia' get due recognition, always loved that one. I must say, however that I thought SOTSOG was and is absolute s hite. I was having a discussion with an Oasis loving friend, who asked me why I didn't like it, and my answer was simply that I did not think there were any decent tunes on it (my sole concession was that the last song 'Roll It Over' (?) was a reasonable effort. But as for 'Little James'... Heathen Chemistry I thought was pretty poor overall too, with the exception of 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' and 'Little By Little'. I would be delighted to hear that the new one is a return to form though, and I've read some good reviews for it. So, Oasis lovers: how do you rate the new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back