The Official Name and Shame For Online Quitters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I tried to keep a guy in the game. But he was so terrible he still quit on me.

Although kudos to the dude I played this morning. I was the Saints and he was the Hawks and I scored 120+ to his 2 points.

Good sport and he didn't seem totally hopeless. Could mark and bumped a lot. Just needs to improve his general play.

PSN - AFL_Superstar_18

Quit on/after the siren.
EDIT: And it didn't coun't as a win WTF!! I thought if they quit in the last quarter it did. He only lost by 10 aswell, it seems almost impossible to get someone to stay.

I'm going to say this once more, and once more only.

LET YOUR OPPONENT KICK SOME GOALS AND KEEP HIM IN THE MATCH UNTIL 3 QUARTER TIME - Then go hammer and nail on his ass and if he quits, you still get the win :thumbsu:

I know it sucks but it's better than the alternative.

Took my own advice and it worked.

Could tell this guy was no good from the get go so let him stick with me (about 3 goals behind) until 3 qtr time. Start of the fourth I kick 3 straight and the dumb ass quits :cool:

2000+ xp instead of 500-1000 xp :thumbsu:

A good way to keep them in it if they are really bad, while still appearing to be trying, is to kick to contests and don't press anything in the contest so that your opponent gets the mark/spoil. I'ts not so bad really as It gives you a chance to practice some things you normally couldn't against a better opponent (like stab passes and chip passes etc.)

I'm fing over this game. This is literally hands down the WORST game community I have EVER come across, and it is shameful that they are all australians. I cannot win a game. They always quit.
You clearly haven't played COD online.:rolleyes:
I'm going to say this once more, and once more only.

LET YOUR OPPONENT KICK SOME GOALS AND KEEP HIM IN THE MATCH UNTIL 3 QUARTER TIME - Then go hammer and nail on his ass and if he quits, you still get the win :thumbsu:

I know it sucks but it's better than the alternative.

Took my own advice and it worked.

Could tell this guy was no good from the get go so let him stick with me (about 3 goals behind) until 3 qtr time. Start of the fourth I kick 3 straight and the dumb ass quits :cool:
THIS. My god it's not hard.

I've had a total of 15 games that have ended in quits or disconnections and I'm in the top 20 of the leaderboards, so I've clearly played plenty of games.

Last night I even did the exact same thing, could sense a guy was a bit useless. Had got out to a 4 goal lead very early on without him scoring, let him kick a couple (he even got some momentum and took the lead:eek:). But by the end of the match I had got it out to 10 goals and kicked about 11 in a row, the majority coming in the last quarter when I would get the win even if he quit.

There's no real need to just keep smashing people into a pulp, waste some time if need be, create some 'accidental' goals for them. Let them get a bit of confidence and then when it reaches the last, smash them into the pulp. The % can mean a bit, but the XP you get at the end of the match is more important to the leaderboards.

PSN - Dokes69

Had a good 7 game run before another quitter couldn't handle being 2 goals down in the 2nd.

PSN - Schwerdty13

2 vs 1 game. I played out of my skin and they only realised the power of 2 vs 1 right at the end of the match. They clawed my 5 goal lead back to 2 with about 10 minutes to go in the last (with 3 goals of Judd streaming out of the middle after massive punch hits in the ruck), but through some clever play I ran down the clock slowly and then managed to get a scrappy goal up my end...they quit with 43 seconds to go. Sent them a nice message in return.:D

Got 1661XP out of it, so not all bad.

You clearly haven't played COD online.:rolleyes:

THIS. My god it's not hard.

I've had a total of 15 games that have ended in quits or disconnections and I'm in the top 20 of the leaderboards, so I've clearly played plenty of games.

Last night I even did the exact same thing, could sense a guy was a bit useless. Had got out to a 4 goal lead very early on without him scoring, let him kick a couple (he even got some momentum and took the lead:eek:). But by the end of the match I had got it out to 10 goals and kicked about 11 in a row, the majority coming in the last quarter when I would get the win even if he quit.

There's no real need to just keep smashing people into a pulp, waste some time if need be, create some 'accidental' goals for them. Let them get a bit of confidence and then when it reaches the last, smash them into the pulp. The % can mean a bit, but the XP you get at the end of the match is more important to the leaderboards.
was he using a custom team? purple cobras? yesterday i played a game i was losing by a few came back and was winning then it stayed even til the 4th then he just kicks 10 or so goals.. i felt like rage quitting cos i hate people that pretend they are crap then play better :p

was he using a custom team? purple cobras? yesterday i played a game i was losing by a few came back and was winning then it stayed even til the 4th then he just kicks 10 or so goals.. i felt like rage quitting cos i hate people that pretend they are crap then play better :p
MAY have been. I know I've heard/seen/played the Purple Cobras before.

I'm thinking it was either that or Collingwood. Honestly can't remember though...PSN id?

I tend to take it a bit harder on custom teams though because I know they can smash me when given the chance...especially if created just right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PSN:

xX Simodude Xx
Brodie231
Connor Footy2
Keithy009
Dragons Den (Special mention for this one. It was 1v2, they were constantly attempting to use the smother on the mark exploit, and quit with 32 seconds left in the third quarter. The word 'w***er' was made for people like this)

Another shameful quitter to ad to the list, psn: XR8U4T , he got the jump on me early, kicking the first 2 goals but Footscray came back and it was a close game to 3/4 time. Also he was always trying to use the blocking the free kick glitch( tossa thing to do!)We were well on top in the last by 4 goals and then he went pussy and quit!

psn: XR8U4T WEAK AS PISS QUITTER!

PSN - xDULAx

2 on 1, but they were crap. Player around with them and they quit when I kick 9 straight in the last quarter.

Why dont we pledge our psn names on this website that your not a quitter - these following psn names are gallant in defeat and never say die (make a pact with the online community your not a quitter)

: baz2005

i hope more of you can put your psn names down, thanks

I hope you didnt rage quit. In any game you have to deal with what the opposition throws at you. That sort of thing also happens at some of the local footy leauges, do you think they quit?

Apologies to whoever I was just playing. I was Collingwood, they were Geelong. It was my first and only ever quit match. I couldn't not quit it, something was horribly wrong with the game, glitch central. I would keep kicking the ball to half forward or kick the ball that would be going through the goals, the ball would then somehow magically end up at the other end of the ground in Geelong hands out of nowhere, no idea why, I have never had the game glitch like that. I couldn't keep playing that game sorry. Has this happened to anyone else?

How do you find out the psn of the people you're playing against? Had a game earlier as brisbane against port, was up 7 goals to 0 before quarter time, brown had 4 and the guy quit but i couldn't find what his psn was?

I sort of do the 3 quarters thing as well, go hard in the first quarter, take it easy and let them come back through the middle two if you get a bit of a lead, then smash them in the last. rarely able to try fully for a full game

To find their psn: after game when stats come up, after you hit x button to look at stats, - the last screen will have your psn and opponents psn above the team emblems. It took me a while to find too, till i read a post on here. Write down their psn and send them a message of how weak they are!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official Name and Shame For Online Quitters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back