2nds The Official Port Board Thread for the Discussion of the Port Power Seconds Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Would this rumoured push to wear the PBs regularly in the AFL be, at least partially, aimed to soften the blow when we finally exit the SANFL? Maybe the club knows that an exit from the SANFL comps is imminent (next few years).

I'd accept this, if we can use the PB's in Adelaide in the AFL I'd throw the Magpies under the bus.

There, I said it.

It's time for AFLSA.

A hostile takeover of the $ANFL by AFL House motivated by the obvious incompetence shown by the $ANFL when it comes to developing SA talent.

Nice idea, but unfortunately can’t see it happening in the near future.

Best way of winning a SANFL flag is having a deep AFL Finals run. So, improving the Power helps the Magpies. We had improved the Power, but our depth took a toll (oddly, in two separate moves).

Now, however, McKenzie and Jack (and hopefully Thomas as well) come to recover some of the lost depth. The Magpies are also getting better, and the draft hasn't happened yet.

No new news here. Simply McLachlan restating the AFL's intransigent stance on all things outside of the eastern states.
If it is not directly related to the eastern seaboard, populist issues such as AWFL introduction, or over regulation of rules etc ...................
......... then Gilligan and Co don't want to know!

A reserves competition isn’t sexy. It’s not going to get Gil praise for heading such a progressive organisation like AFLW. Or an innovator like AFLX.

Reserves are like plumbing in your house, needed, but no one who visits is going to say they love your new more efficient piping behind the walls.

Maybe if we pitched a completely new concept to him called AFLR ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Sanfl would have the interest level of an Andrew Ridgeley solo album without the AFL reserves presence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back