Resource The Official SFA Match Simulation Process + General Sim Queries Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely there is an inbuilt advantage for the Home team? Even if it is only 1%, there needs to be a small chance the home team will beat the away team more often than not.

That is a feature in nearly every sport, why would it not be one in this?
There is not

There is not
That is just silly then.

Where is the advantage of finishing higher up the ladder and having a home final if there is not the slightest skewing of results to reward the home team?

Surely there is an inbuilt advantage for the Home team? Even if it is only 1%, there needs to be a small chance the home team will beat the away team more often than not.

They couldn’t write variables in 1999?
I'd like to say Mobbs said once there was a very subtle advantage for the home team but he'd be the best person to ask

They couldn’t write variables in 1999?
Might be a suggestion worth raising to KP for the new version here:

I'd like to say Mobbs said once there was a very subtle advantage for the home team but he'd be the best person to ask
If there is not, surely this feature gets added to the new version.

With 13 rounds there will be an uneven amount of home games vs away games for each team
Should be evened out over 2 seasons.

If you play a team at home this season, only fair you play them away next season.

If the draw creators want to be lazy, you could even play the same teams in the same round and simply switch the ground.

I believe I have read it somewhere previously as well, would like to know if it is true and how much it is.

Nah there's none. I thought I had put one in there, but it turned out it this was in a previous iteration of footy sims I'd made ... prior to 1992.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah there's none. I thought I had put one in there, but it turned out it this was in a previous iteration of footy sims I'd made ... prior to 1992.
What is the point of Home Grounds then? Every game could be played at a neutral venue with no impact on the outcome.

Very disappointing

What is the point of Home Grounds then? Every game could be played at a neutral venue with no impact on the outcome.

Very disappointing
Well that is what this rule which has attracted much complaints about recently aims to address at least in finals.

SEC [11]. DRAWN FINALS

In case of a drawn finals game, for all finals matches other than the Grand Final the Home team will be deemed the winner.

In case of a drawn Grand Final, the match up will be replayed until an outright winner is found.

Well that is what this rule which has attracted much complaints about recently aims to address at least in finals.

SEC [11]. DRAWN FINALS

In case of a drawn finals game, for all finals matches other than the Grand Final the Home team will be deemed the winner.

In case of a drawn Grand Final, the match up will be replayed until an outright winner is found.
It should be a 51-49 chance out of 100 that the home team wins. This would be a suitable advantage.

Can the Sim be started with a team given a goal headstart for example?

It should be a 51-49 chance out of 100 that the home team wins. This would be a suitable advantage.

Can the Sim be started with a team given a goal headstart for example?
I definitely do not want to see this.

Send this thread to the archives and sim info board.

Also, because Qooty is not a sport...

I still remember @ClarkeM’s media piece going through the statistics of simmers and former admins winning premierships. He outlined the statistical unarguable fact that several had cheated. How sad.

It was one of the best media pieces in history. And it was the impetus for me bringing in the multi simmer system we still use today.

Imagine cheating at fantasy football.
Multi simmer is the worst thing ever brought into the league.

Multi simmer is the worst thing ever brought into the league.
No it's not, as someone who has been in the simmer's pm for quite a few seasons under different admins I've seen the benefits, no one should EVER sim their own team's games. Simmers/games are rotated every week...no one gets to 'pick' which games they sim.
And to expect just one person to input all the sheets, changes, sim games, check mistakes etc every week between Friday and Sunday is unreasonable.

There are 8 people in there, 3 simmers and 3 posters and both admins to share the load properly and keep it very fair and workable, KP also checks every game now before it's posted. I wouldn't be here if I didn't trust the system as it is now...it works very smoothly and doesn't place pressure on volunteers. Hence the sim team is reliable and stable every week.

Last edited:
No it's not, as someone who has been in the simmer's pm for quite a few seasons under different admins I've seen the benefits, no one should EVER sim their own team's games. Simmers/games are rotated every week...no one gets to 'pick' which games they sim.
And to expect just one person to input all the sheets, changes, sim games, check mistakes etc every week between Friday and Sunday is unreasonable.

There are 8 people in there, 3 simmers and 3 posters and both admins to share the load properly and keep it very fair and workable, KP also checks every game now before it's posted. I wouldn't be here if I didn't trust the system as it is now...it works very smoothly and doesn't place pressure on volunteers. Hence the sim team is reliable and stable every week.
It removes form. The league is poorer for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back