The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Terry Wallace- Gone ?

I have heard this too, but we know how quickly this shit can spread from a baseless rumour, usually started on bigfooty. I hope he isn't.

Re: I Have A Conspiracy Theory

Its looking more like that isnt it. Is the right decision?

Not to mention Wallace knocked backed Pelchen........Pelchen did not knock us back. :cool:

Wallace is looking for the quick fixes.......Kerr (which I admit I agreed with, but since have changed my mind), Mundy and Warnock.

Mundy made his decision up in June, that he wanted to come to us. This was Miller's doing. He got sacked in July.

If Wallace wants to coach beyond this year, he has to sit down and take the side he has to the finals in 09. I hope he chooses this option, as I dont mind him.

March has Hardwick and Buckely lined up, ready to pounce.

I would not be surprised to see Pelchen back in the running very soon.

OK folks hear me out on this one before sticking the boots in.

If you connect the dots you will see it too.

• Free 'allegedly' spoke to Hardwick about a coaching position back in July. We all assumed it was as another assistant.
  • Wallace's main ally Miller was sacked around the same time, with the club saying they wanted to act quickly. Yet a couple of months down the track we still have not appointed anyone.
  • The board made its decision to sack Wallace after we lost the Centenary Game against the Blues. However it couldn't announce Hardwick as his replacement because they have agreed to keep it quiet until the Hawks season has finished.
  • As the Hawks are a fair chance to be involved right up to Grand Final day it would be difficult for Hardwick to complete a review of the list. That explains why the board, in particular March, have given list management responsibility to Cameron & Jackson instead of letting Wallace have control.
All this points to one thing: The Board Are Going To Sack Wallace!

I'll add to that...

Wallaces contact was heavily performance based and a top 8 spot in 2008 was on it.
Miller new this and wanted the club to renogotiate and extend the contract this year.
The club refused and when we were 3wins and a draw the club made moves to replace Wallace... the first move was to rid him of his biggest supporter Miller.

After winning 8 out of 11 and the club playing great football including the Hawks Wallace looks to have gathered enough support to keep his job.

I have no source, old mans mate mentioned it to him at work, a couple of people have mentioned it on here in other threads, and my mate just sent me a text message saying it.

Not a bad theory RT. May be one to bump in a months time. Or if the current rumour has any truth to it. tomorrow.:eek:

If it happens, we'll cop a fair load of crap from the media for a weeks, but I think March knows what hes doing. It should all be for the better.

I hope it dosnt get to this stage by the way.

Its looking more like that isnt it. Is the right decision?

Not to mention Wallace knocked backed Pelchen........Pelchen did not knock us back. :cool:

Wallace is looking for the quick fixes.......Kerr (which I admit I agreed with, but since have changed my mind), Mundy and Warnock.

Mundy made his decision up in June, that he wanted to come to us. This was Miller's doing. He got sacked in July.

If Wallace wants to coach beyond this year, he has to sit down and take the side he has to the finals in 09. I hope he chooses this option, as I dont mind him.

March has Hardwick and Buckely lined up, ready to pounce.

I would not be surprised to see Pelchen back in the running very soon.

Lets just look at the facts.... all Wallace has said that we are "locked and loaded and ready to make some plays in the trade period" he has also said that we will make minimal changes to the list.
The talk about Wallace wanting player x or player y is just pure speculation.

Never a dull moment at Tigerland. I love conspiracy theories and there's a lot of talk about Wallace's impending demise - it's not looking good but at this stage it's just that. Talk.

Personally I wouldnt make a decision on the future of our coach till Rnd 11 '09, as previously agreed by the board and Wallace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly, I hadn't heard about the rumour of Wallace's 'demise' that everyone else has heard about. But upon reading what some of you have posted here and having a quick look at the mainboard, I get this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach*, that says tomorrow we'll see our club confirm its status as the laughing stock of the AFL community.

*Here is hoping that it is just the 2 Quad Stacker Burgers I had for dinner instead.

What evidence is there that buckley is interested in Richmond?
Is it guess or based on somthing like sightings at punt road?

How confident are people on Hardwick being able to do a good job for us?

Oh the humanity :eek:
Promised the wife and kids, I'll start dieting after Fathers Day, thought I would indulge in a last supper. :thumbsu::D

I can't be ****ed to have the same argument I have with you every day about whether 9th is an improvement on 16th Beaver, but if we sack Wallace our club is a ****ing joke.

I am no fan of Wallace but this once strong club has been lacking stability from the board to the coaching department for over two decades.

What must the potential sponsors, current players and any possible players considering a trade to Richmond think.

Just as we start to get the on field results we will screw it all up off field:thumbsdown:

No wonder other BF boards laugh at us:thumbsdown:

i have it from a very good source........... (my brother in law that works there) that buckley will be our coach next year

HE WAS SEEN IN A DICK SMITH STORE

I can't be ****ed to have the same argument I have with you every day about whether 9th is an improvement on 16th Beaver, but if we sack Wallace our club is a ****ing joke.

Agree to an extent.

I feel we need to stick to Wallace's plan for stability's sake, even though it hasn't been the god send we'd all hoped for at the end of '04 (cue the idealists). I'm not a Wallace cheerleader, but it is too risky to flick him now - there's no point other than March clearing out dissidents. Personally, I'd much prefer a Buckley or Hardwick as coach, but the club would be knocked off it's ever-so-fragile point of solidity.

In any case, where are all these little birdies coming from? There seems to be a trend of talking about 'those rumours', but where the flying f*** are they? I want these rumours reasoned and properly articulated, not this wink, wink, nudge, nudge bullshit.

Flick him next year if there's no improvement.

I have heard from an ethnic friend (theyre all in the know!!!)

that...Wallace will be sacked and one L. Matthews will take over!

I know thats BS but just showing the ridiculous rumours that people start (not that he started it, I think he may have heard it on 3AW)...I believe Wallace will be there next year!

Re: Patrick Smith Is He right?

No good can come from either Wallace resigning or the board giving him the chop.

Our club has had a reputation in the past for sacking people at the drop of a hat, this reputation can only be erased by honouring contracts, as we did with Spud, he wasn't up to it therefore his contract was not renewed.

Patrick Smith is a w***er.

He wants the club to re-sign Wallace for a further 2 years.

What kind of position does that leave the club in should we not improve next season and make the finals?

Let's honour Terry's contract, let season 2009 pan out, if we make the finals then the club is in a great position to re-sign him, If not then his contract is honoured and we seek the best available person to coach us for the next 3, 4 or 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back