Harmes​
Dale​
Harmes​
Keath
Richards
My team is taylor made for another win

No change

Last edited:

What’s the opposite of a Chump? Because I got that last week, waiting for my dues.

This week:
Ugle-Hagan
Garcia
Harmes
Williams
Macrae
"Doughnut" may be the word you are looking for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 9

A ripping return to the winner's list tonight. The opposition wasn't strong but hey, they've beaten the ladder leaders this year so they aren't total chumps. Speaking of chumps, there were four of them tonight but the Kelvin winner wasn't amongst them.

Carryover Teams and Pieman Subs

Only 10 carryover teams this week. And only five of them needed subs. They all got Williams who didn't register any Pieman points. They were:
54Bulldog16 (for Clarke)​
Buckingham (Libba)​
charcoalchicken (Clarke)​
Charlie Bucket (Clarke)​
weltschmerz (Clarke)​

Also, ScottyDogg picked Cleary who was the WB sub so he too got Williams as his Pieman sub.

Most Popular Picks
(after applying subs)

1715442115323.png

The KELVIN

The two luckiest men of the night were [1] Adam Treloar whose desperate attempt to centre the ball while off balance on the boundary line sailed through for a goal, and [2] TiAn_ (336) whose rollover team registered the highest Pieman score of the year after Darcy was subbed into his team for Lobb a couple of weeks ago. Like Adz, TiAn_ will probably say "I meant that!" Yeah, OK TiAn_, well played mate! In equal second were Brian Perrin and RandomDog who both doubled up on Harmes. This was a rare podium finish for RandomDog (who also said "I meant that!")

The four chumps did well but they had the same 5 players who were all at the top of the handicap list so their 172 points (including a bonus of 49) didn't get them a podium finish.

The average score was 114.93 and the median was 100. A pretty high bar.

1715442781586.png

The PIEMAN

After being challenged by Bont2Bruce and Buckingham last week chez_ferret has again stolen a break on his rivals. He and second-placed Bulldog rick both got 172 pts with their chumps. TiAn's 336 has rocketed him up from 24th last week to 4th.

1715442843957.png

Pieman Player of the Week

It couldn't go to anyone else but James Harmes this week. No goals all year then three goals in a quarter! How can you follow form? I guess that's the beauty of the Pieman: form can be misleading and you never know what's going to happen from one week to the next. Just like the whole side really.

Highest possible score was 432 (3x Harmes and 2x Garcia) and the highest possible Chump was 366 (Harmes, Garcia, Darcy, Naughton, Bont)

1715443497199.png

Pieman Player of the Year

Bont is the clubhouse leader but there's not a lot between him, Naughton and Darcy. Astro leads the club's goalkicking this year with 20.

1715443565053.png

A Pieman Public Interest Notice

Next round I'm going to be on the road so results won't go up until late Monday 20th at the earliest.

I will issue handicaps some time this Monday (tomorrow) and this will be for the whole list apart from the LTIs. I probably won't get a chance to trim it down to 23 after the teams are announced.

As usual I reserve the right to modify those handicaps after team announcement. If it's needed it will be done as early as possible (Thursday night or Friday morning) so that it's not too disruptive.

Don't sweat on it though. I don't think I've ever exercised that right.

PIEMAN RESULTS ROUND 9

A ripping return to the winner's list tonight. The opposition wasn't strong but hey, they've beaten the ladder leaders this year so they aren't total chumps. Speaking of chumps, there were four of them tonight but the Kelvin winner wasn't amongst them.

Carryover Teams and Pieman Subs

Only 10 carryover teams this week. And only five of them needed subs. They all got Williams who didn't register any Pieman points. They were:
54Bulldog16 (for Clarke)​
Buckingham (Libba)​
charcoalchicken (Clarke)​
Charlie Bucket (Clarke)​
weltschmerz (Clarke)​

Also, ScottyDogg picked Cleary who was the WB sub so he too got Williams as his Pieman sub.

Most Popular Picks
(after applying subs)

View attachment 1986602

The KELVIN

The two luckiest men of the night were [1] Adam Treloar whose desperate attempt to centre the ball while off balance on the boundary line sailed through for a goal, and [2] TiAn_ (336) whose rollover team registered the highest Pieman score of the year after Darcy was subbed into his team for Lobb a couple of weeks ago. Like Adz, TiAn_ will probably say "I meant that!" Yeah, OK TiAn_, well played mate! In equal second were Brian Perrin and RandomDog who both doubled up on Harmes. This was a rare podium finish for RandomDog (who also said "I meant that!")

The four chumps did well but they had the same 5 players who were all at the top of the handicap list so their 172 points (including a bonus of 49) didn't get them a podium finish.

The average score was 114.93 and the median was 100. A pretty high bar.

View attachment 1986604

The PIEMAN

After being challenged by Bont2Bruce and Buckingham last week chez_ferret has again stolen a break on his rivals. He and second-placed Bulldog rick both got 172 pts with their chumps. TiAn's 336 has rocketed him up from 24th last week to 4th.

View attachment 1986605

Pieman Player of the Week

It couldn't go to anyone else but James Harmes this week. No goals all year then three goals in a quarter! How can you follow form? I guess that's the beauty of the Pieman: form can be misleading and you never know what's going to happen from one week to the next. Just like the whole side really.

Highest possible score was 432 (3x Harmes and 2x Garcia) and the highest possible Chump was 366 (Harmes, Garcia, Darcy, Naughton, Bont)

View attachment 1986606

Pieman Player of the Year

Bont is the clubhouse leader but there's not a lot between him, Naughton and Darcy. Astro leads the club's goalkicking this year with 20.

View attachment 1986607

It was a 4-week play! Very intentional!

PIEMAN Rd 10 v GWS at Beerless Stadium

As noted above I probably won't get a chance to publish the handicaps for the selected 23 on Thursday this week. So here are handicaps for the whole list, except for those who are injured. The blue shaded ones were the 23 who played Rd 9. The green were the ones who played VFL.

Results won't be posted until some time next week. Probably Tuesday.

Game starts Saturday 18 May at 4:35pm

1715599154834.png

Pieman Substitutes

The Pieman subs are, in order:

Harmes​
Darcy​
Naughton​
Garcia​
Bont​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back