Injury Injuries 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Calf is admittedly the ultimate old man injury, although it seems as though JJ has a soft tissue injury every year & he always comes back well.

I thought he was a bit younger than 31 (32 end of year) so it’s perhaps a bit dicey, although I still think he’s a required player if he wants to push on next year.

He’s missed 30 games and counting since the start of 2022, so I agree not looking flash and might only have one more year.

Injury List - Round 12

James O’Donnell (illness) - Test
Ed Richards (concussion) – TBC
Anthony Scott (concussion) – TBC
Tom Liberatore (concussion) – 1-2 weeks
Jason Johannisen (hamstring) – 4-5 weeks
Cody Weightman (elbow) – 4-5 weeks
Aaron Naughton (knee) – 4-6 weeks
Nick Coffield (shoulder) – 4-6 weeks
Ryan Gardner (wrist) – 12-14 weeks
Bailey Smith (ACL) – Season
If we can have a good run from here, our teams should be looking amazing in 4-6 weeks, with plenty of fresh legs.

The VFL team in particular had stood up exceptionally well given the injury run.

Credit where credit is due.

If we can have a good run from here, our teams should be looking amazing in 4-6 weeks, with plenty of fresh legs.

The VFL team in particular had stood up exceptionally well given the injury run.

Credit where credit is due.
The next 2 weeks is make or break. Win both and we put ourselves in a great position post-bye with all of Naughton, Darcy, Weightman & Harmes potentially available.

Lose 1 or both and it’s very hard to make up the ground with such a tough draw to finish the season.

The next 2 weeks is make or break. Win both and we put ourselves in a great position post-bye with all of Naughton, Darcy, Weightman & Harmes potentially available.

Lose 1 or both and it’s very hard to make up the ground with such a tough draw to finish the season.
Both Lions and Dockers coming off a bye when we play them, if we manage to win both it will be an amazing effort.

Calf is admittedly the ultimate old man injury, although it seems as though JJ has a soft tissue injury every year & he always comes back well.

I thought he was a bit younger than 31 (32 end of year) so it’s perhaps a bit dicey, although I still think he’s a required player if he wants to push on next year.

I remember running across Exhibition St a few years ago and thinking I’d been shot.
What are you trying to tell me 🤨
The pain !!

Same thing when running for the bus last year. Pop in my calf was so distinct I swear it was audible. Old folks unite.

Getting back to my car after that was a bit of a challenge. Then walking to the footy at Marvel a few days later was so slow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back