Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Nathan Djerrkura

I'd take him but only if there was no-one else left in the PSD.
Kid can play, no doubt about that though, but i wouldn't be knocking his door down to sign him up!

Keen, keen, keen, keen!!!!

Loved him as a junior and obviously just hasn't had an opportunity at the Cattery, would come at bargain basement price too.

We'd be happy to do a late pick trade to get him to you if that's where he wants to go before, we've been happy to do those deals in the past.

Kid certainly has talent, just can't get a game.

We'd be happy to do a late pick trade to get him to you if that's where he wants to go before, we've been happy to do those deals in the past.

Kid certainly has talent, just can't get a game.

I've been big on Djerrkura ever since his NAB Championships, and even more so when I found out we were going to take him with our 2nd rounder...that was until you guys took him the very pick before us :(

Really hope we are still interested and that we can lure him over for some regular footy.

Re: Shoud we chase Jared Brennan?

No from me.
Troy Taylor will be our Brennan, but better.

Thats a massive call on Taylor.. Brennans had a good year, has lots of skills and Taylors just managed to keep out of jail and has played a handful of games... If Taylor becomes anything like 75% of Brennan I would be stoked

Hey no worries mate.

He would add depth at the very least. A mature body, and I wouldn't put him in the 'old' category either. Over 30, yes, under, no. Yes he can be a bit inconsistent, but equally he's a very versatile player.

The obsession that most here have with youth is, in my opinion, too simplistic. I am not advocating a return to the days of Frawley and the top up. I am just saying that you don't dismiss things out of hand because a guy is going to be 27 next year.

Totally agree, the way people get hung up on ages is ridiculous.

What we did in the past was trade good picks for recycled or mature aged players from other sides.

I don't think anyone here is advocating for that, if we can get a deal for him that doesn't compromise the high picks we get this year or the talented youth we already have, then why not have a crack??

I've been big on Djerrkura ever since his NAB Championships, and even more so when I found out we were going to take him with our 2nd rounder...that was until you guys took him the very pick before us :(

Really hope we are still interested and that we can lure him over for some regular footy.

You were going to take him at 26? Wow I never knew that. Well here's your chance, historically if you look at Prismall, Mumford etc we get people where they want to go, so it should be workable.

I'm kind of sad because I watch a lot of our VFL side and Nathan's our hardest working player, incredibly strong, runs all day and is such a good team player, and I was hoping he'd one day replace Ling in the tagging slot, but I can understand why he wants a chance to play AFL footy now and I don't think we'd stand in his way.

Steven Motlop is one I would be targeting from Geelong. Very good player and a type we need.

When not injured, he is brilliant. Sorry, but you can't have him.

Geelong have shown that they will look after their players and assist them to move to another club. Therefore, if Cameron and Hardwick think he can add to our football team, get in his ear, offer him an attractive salary and make sure he nominates Tigerland as his first preference. Once this occurs, I can see him moving across for a 3rd/4th rounder.. No worries! We might even be able to offer a straight up swap with Dean Polo....

Salopek

Strong rumours he is leaving at the end of this season. Surely he would be a better option than some of the other players mentioned such as Rischitelli, Brennan and Vezsperami. On the down side, he would certainly be a costly addition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey no worries mate.

He would add depth at the very least. A mature body, and I wouldn't put him in the 'old' category either. Over 30, yes, under, no. Yes he can be a bit inconsistent, but equally he's a very versatile player.

The obsession that most here have with youth is, in my opinion, too simplistic. I am not advocating a return to the days of Frawley and the top up. I am just saying that you don't dismiss things out of hand because a guy is going to be 27 next year.

Spot on. By the way, this bloke can play some serious footy, either in the midfield or in the forward line. Yes, he can go missing but if the price is right......

Re: Salopek

would be silly to not take him if we could (probably bias), but having played with the man for 10 years no players hands I would rather the ball in. Would be perfect to have cotch/foley/Martin dishing out hands to him. Hopefully latest shoulder reco is a good one.

22 years old, 176cms, 4 games no goals. Obviously for a reason too.

Why all the hype? Because of his fancy name? Wouldn't be much better than Nahas if at all. Big pass from me.

lol he's better than Nahas. Trust a guy who's actually seen him play live a dozen times.

Re: Salopek

How many shoulders recos he up to now?

He's massively injury prone. We already have Foley and to a lesser extent Cotchin.

2010 - 15 games
2009 - 16 games
2008 - 15 games
2007 - 16 games.
2006 - 21 games
2005 - 6 games
2004 - 11 games
2003 - 9 games

Yeah, nah.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour The Possible Trades Thread (Merged Threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back