Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
New President, new thread ...

Today's email

Alternate text

Dear Aph,

It is a great privilege to be able to write to you for the first time, having now officially commenced as President of your football club.

Today I completed an extensive handover with Mark LoGiudice, who announced earlier this year that this season would be his last. We thank Mark for his service to the Club, both as President for eight years and for his 12 years on the Board.

It is with enormous pride that I step into the role as President of the Carlton Football Club, however I do so knowing full well the responsibility I have to you, our members, and I’d like to thank you for your ongoing commitment and support of the Club.

My overriding priority as I enter this role is the performance of our men’s and women’s football teams.

We must never forget our core business. It is doing everything in our power to win games of football, to play finals, and to put ourselves in a position to win premierships. That has to be our singular focus.

For this reason, on 8 June, we commenced an independent review of our Football Department. This review was commissioned on the basis that as a football club, we are not satisfied with our on-field performance and we owe it to our members and supporters to conduct a process to ensure the necessary improvements are made.

The independent, external panel last week provided an update to me, to the Board and to CEO Cain Liddle. This process is now reaching its final stages and I assure you we will not be making any public comment until we have directly communicated with you, our members. This will include providing you with the summarised findings of the review that I know members have a deep and justified interest in.

Along with my fellow Directors and with the support of our staff, players and coaches, we will not shy away from our responsibility to improve the Club’s results on the field, to ensure they match the significant achievements we have made off it.

My commitment, as the 31st President of this football club, is to ensure we do what is required to deliver on that responsibility.

I’d like to also take this opportunity to acknowledge club champions Marc Murphy (300 games), Eddie Betts, who will this weekend play an incredible 350 games, and Levi Casboult who will all depart the Club this season after stellar careers in the Navy Blue. I wish them nothing but the best for the next chapters of their lives and thank them for everything they have contributed to our club, both on and off the field.

I also hope you and your families are all keeping safe and well as we once again navigate through the challenges of a COVID environment. My thoughts are with all of our Carlton members who are impacted as a result of the latest lockdowns across the country.

As a lifelong Carlton supporter, becoming President of our club is a huge honour, and I have a profound appreciation of my obligation to you and our club’s history. I look forward to sharing the journey with you and rising to this challenge.

Luke Sayers
President
Member ID: 2908822

Just got that email too. Posted it up in the review thread as well.

Sounds like a passionate Blues man who is all about winning games of football. Lets hope this filters down to the football department and on field.

Sounds like we will be getting a summary of the review findings in the near future.

Very eager to have a look at what it says.

Promising. At least we'll hear the summarised findings.

I'm still extremely sceptical of it being just talk at this stage. But certainly a better tone than MLG's outgoing email.

Glad they've finally realised our core focus should be winning and #17. Let's see if the new people believe that.

Providing us members with the findings of the review is most welcome. Apparently that was not going to happen?
Wouldn't want to besmirch good carlton board members... I mean people

On SM-A515F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean....there was always going to be a summary of findings. It's not going to be overly detailed, but there will be some broad strokes painted so that we know what general areas have been identified as needing the most work.

"The review has identified the following key areas for improvement...."

later, and after significant personnel changes

"Here is our strategic plan for improving the performance of our team..."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I would like form Sayers now is what times the 2 press conferences are at to thank Teague for his service to the club and then to introduce (not going to say his name) to the Carlton faithful and where he stands on coaching this once great club...

Good start.

Re: Summary - about what I expected.

Doesn't release core (actual, in depth) findings, protects confidentiality, and enables fans to get some insight.

Expected nothing less from a prominent executive and passionate Blues supporter. We’re in good hands and going upwards. Luke Sayer is the erudite president we desperately needed to get us tio 17th Flag. Go Blues

Mark Lo Giudice, was an excellent president too, got us out of the Financial , Sponsorship & Membership tally swamps, well done very proud of MLO.

Looking forward to journey to the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back