Kooley

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
out west
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
arsenal
is there any better feeling in the world than departing on your footbal trip. the excitement and anticipation of what lies ahead? :thumbsu:

on the other side of the ledger is there any worse feeling in the world then coming home from your footy trip?

it's amazing how you can experience such contrasting emotions in a matter of 4 days.

Have to agree there Kooley.

It's a world of depression as you collect your bags at the terminal realising that it's time to head back home to suffer a few days drying out and feeling crap.

Usually topped off with some weird nightmares/dreams to go with it as the body and mind adjust to normality.

TuskenRaider said:
Have to agree there Kooley.

It's a world of depression as you collect your bags at the terminal realising that it's time to head back home to suffer a few days drying out and feeling crap.

Usually topped off with some weird nightmares/dreams to go with it as the body and mind adjust to normality.
Your not wrong there TuskenRaider. It takes at least a week to recover from a football trip and the depression sometimes is severe.

Usually, by the time you hit the terminal to head home, 3-4 days of insanity is just catching up with you & I'm usually almost releived it's over!
Not that you'd slow down if you still had a few days to go, but most years the last morning away consists of a dawn plunge in the ocean to open the eyes & as much fried pig as your guts can handle.......

i've got a few mates on footy trips as we speak. i was jealous when they left on thursday afternoon, but it's a fair bet they are feeling the pinch now. :D

Kooley said:
is there any better feeling in the world than departing on your footbal trip. the excitement and anticipation of what lies ahead? :thumbsu:

on the other side of the ledger is there any worse feeling in the world then coming home from your footy trip?

it's amazing how you can experience such contrasting emotions in a matter of 4 days.

HaHa how true! Been back a week and the nightmares have almost ceased! We live for them though!

Remove this Banner Ad

The Price You Pay!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back