The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're serious then we should really be knocking off the Eagles and Tigers, no questions asked. Would love to scalp the Blues but they'll unfortunately be out for blood like Sydney were. Dogs or Hawks, gettable?
Both are.

Dogs will think they have the wood on us cos they beat us a few weeks ago. Known fart sniffers so this is something we can exploit.

Clarko knows the ground at UTAS as well so that is one less advantage Hawks'll have.

We need to prove the recent run of form is not a dead cat bounce. Let’s not forget Nobel had a similar run of form at the back end of 2021 where we won a few games and we were heralded the “best wooden spoon team in history”. Personally I don’t see any difference to the current run vs that 2021 run but I would like to hope I am wrong.
So who were the players other than LDU with the ceiling that Shezel, Wardlaw and Colby have shown back then? glimpses from Powell maybe??

imo we look light years ahead.

So who were the players other than LDU with the ceiling that Shezel, Wardlaw and Colby have shown back then? glimpses from Powell maybe??

Thomas. Larkey finished the year well, kicking 29 goals after the bye. Sleevo averaged a touch under 20d/1g for the year. It was his best year with us by a mile and if he hadn't broken his hip ****ing about over the off season he may have kept that form up. He hasn't been the same since. Zurhaar averaged over 2 goals a game after the bye. Jy probably played the best football of his career, especially after the bye.

We played some good footy at the end of 2021 tho. Had three wins and a draw which is the best footy we've played since 2019. If we don't win another two games then we're still behind that.

I hope we dont get sucked into Chom forward. With Log back we’ll look better down back for sure, but Kawson IMO is not a finals winning defender. Chom + Log are though. We need to fill the key forward role for sure, but Chom has added a dynamic to our backline that would be hard to replicate with a 19 year old.

See Ferbs post. People have short memories. We had some good form under Nobel at the end of 2021. Pretty sure no one around here was calling for his head at the end of the year. You would have like hell we would be ahead in 2024 given all the additional draft picks.

• Must beat Tigers and Weagles
  • Remain competitive against Blues & Cats
  • Have another crack at the Dogs and Hawks (maybe spoil somebody's finals plans).
  • Wardlaw wins Rising Star
If we can do all of this, I'll be content with the season.
If the Hawks and make finals at the expense of either Poorte or the Bumbers or both then l'm all for it especially if we can help make it happen.

l am expecting us to beat both the Weagles and Tiggers which will leave us 16th and still have an array of good players to pick from.

l would like to see us be competitive with the Blues, Cats, Dawks and Doggies and l can see us causing an upset in 1 or 2 of those games.

If the Hawks and make finals at the expense of either Poorte or the Bumbers or both then l'm all for it especially if we can help make it happen.

l am expecting us to beat both the Weagles and Tiggers which will leave us 16th and still have an array of good players to pick from.

l would like to see us be competitive with the Blues, Cats, Dawks and Doggies and l can see us causing an upset in 1 or 2 of those games.
3 more wins coming home for me is expectation.

See Ferbs post. People have short memories. We had some good form under Nobel at the end of 2021. Pretty sure no one around here was calling for his head at the end of the year. You would have like hell we would be ahead in 2024 given all the additional draft picks.
not short memories, just dont see the ceiling and potential that we have now, but if we dont achieve based on potential will be an absolute bust, we have churned a hell of a lot of experience through the door in the last few years, and iam not suggesting it wasnt warranted btw. sure sleevos form was tracking ok but he is well and truly cooked now, i still think Jy has a lot of good footy ahead of him, Souva is a great forward but needs another quality fwd down there to be a partner in crime,

Don’t like our chances v Carlton

But the last 5 games I think are all very winnable

from a personnel perspective we need to get Logue and fisher back in the team next week on

I’d love to see a Finnbar debut this year

Give shiels a farewell game
Let's hope Shiels' farewell game was the Sydney game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not short memories, just dont see the ceiling and potential that we have now, but if we dont achieve based on potential will be an absolute bust, we have churned a hell of a lot of experience through the door in the last few years, and iam not suggesting it wasnt warranted btw. sure sleevos form was tracking ok but he is well and truly cooked now, i still think Jy has a lot of good footy ahead of him, Souva is a great forward but needs another quality fwd down there to be a partner in crime,
Of those players I mentioned Thomas is a massive loss but like Sleevo a replaceable one and the others are still there. Since then, beside the elite players you mentioned, Powell, Phillips, Ford, Goater, Curtis, Archer, Scott and Comben have all shown they have something useful to offer and others like Harvey, Hansen Jr and Bergman might still show something.

I know I said I'd prefer we got Caddy and I still do but that doesn't mean I don't rate Duursma. He has heaps of talent, as do Wil Dawson and Hardeman. Xerri, who I didn't mention just above but is a gun, is in his seventh season and is finally showing his worth so even Goad has some time on his side.

So yeah I agree the ceiling and potential we have now is great and far beyond what it was in 2021.

But the fact remains we won three games and drew one after the bye in 2021 and haven't looked close to that since, we've won as many games after the bye in the three seasons since that we did that year alone and haven't had a draw.

That may change this year tho.

Two more wins would show an actual improvement, three would be fantastic but looks a chance and more would be unreal.

preseason most of us predicted 5-6 wins this year including me.
if we can get to 4 and finish competitive i'll be content.
if we can get to 5 by knocking off just one carl / gee / dogs / hawks i'll be happy.

i rue the missed opportunities with the Collingwood and Demons games, and many others pre bye. Could have been a realistic 6 win season with potential for 7+

Remove this Banner Ad

The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back