The run home...

Remove this Banner Ad

benno87

Cancelled
Jun 1, 2003
London
AFL Club
North Melbourne
After the Maggies loss, we are holding the most fought for spot in the AFL, 8th spot. Kangaroos, Essendon, Saints and Hawthorn all fighting for it right now, and looking at Freos draw, they will be lucky to make the 8. but here is our run home:

ROUND 15
Kangaroos v Melbourne
Melbourne Cricket Ground

ROUND 16
St Kilda v Kangaroos
Telstra Dome

ROUND 17
Kangaroos v Geelong
Manuka

ROUND 18
Brisbane Lions v Kangaroos
Gabba

ROUND 19
Kangaroos v Fremantle
Melbourne Cricket Ground

ROUND 20
Kangaroos v Hawthorn
Telstra Dome

ROUND 21
Adelaide v Kangaroos
AAMI Stadium

ROUND 22
Carlton v Kangaroos
Optus Oval

Well the next 3 weeks are all VERY winable, and if we did win the next three, we would have 10.5 wins afterround 17, and I think 11.5 wins will get us through. Igt would be hard to lose round 18 - 22 all 5 games, so winning the next 3in a row almost puts us in as certain for September. IMO we should win 6 of our next 8 taking us to 13.5 wins, which would probably be 5th or 6th, but cant count the chickens yet. How do you guys feel, BTW here is my guess on the final 8:

Port Adelaide
Birsbane
West Coast
Adelaide
Collingwood
Sydney
Kangaroos
Essendon

Fremantle
Hawthorn
St Kilda

Essendon and Collingwood are bessed with easy runs home. Ours isnt too bad with the two interstate trips the only real concerns, though we can afford to lose those, winning one of them would be a huge bonus. Your thoughts?

None of the next 8 games are gimmes. I don't expect us to win the away games against Brisbane and Adelaide, and the other six games are all winnable and loseable.

Carlton and Geelong would be games to hopefully pencil in as a win, Fremantle are very beatable over here, and the wheels seem to have fallen off at St.Kilda. Hawthorn and Melbourne are probably the two sides who are hardest to predict.. their gap between best and worst form is huge, much bigger than that of other clubs, and you never know quite when they'll turn it on/off.

Probably look at beating Carlton, Geelong, Fremantle and St.Kilda, which would give us 11.5 wins and should see us in the 8, plus winning one of hawthorn/Melbourne, making it 12.5 wins.

Bit surprised to see you write off the Dockers, although they do have a tough draw in the last 8 rounds.

lookin at draw i reckon we will win 6 more games which should be enough to stay in the 8.

the melbourne, geelong and freo games will be tough but we should win them

the st kilda and geelong games should be easy but u never know

the carlton game should be easy as they cant win at optus oval lately and brisbane and adelaide are just to hard to beat at home unless a miracle haapens which i hope it does :p

so i reckon this is how the top eight will end up

port
west coast
brisbane
adelaide
sydney
north melbourne
fremantle
collingwood

I think we should win 5 against the Melb teams, and the Freo game.

And we haven't been to bad at Adelaide in the past- so a bonus win their would be nice. Though I wouldn't count on it.

Go Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

The run home...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back