The Sack Robert Walls thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the Richmond vs Essendon match earlier this season, I think it was Krakeour who had the ball outside 50.

The guy bombed it in (torp) it came off the side of the boot and fell into Richos arms. Robert Walls pipes up with "thats the beauty of a torp - its so unpredictable. drop punts can be so predictable. Your better off trying something different and unpredictable and it might just pay off".

Now on its own it isn't that bad, but I'm sure that another day (or if an Essendon player had of marked the ball) he would have been bagging the player for being undisciplined and not playing the percentages.

Another memorable Walls moment. Port vs Essendon.

Walls on the way must have knocked into an Essendon supporter on the way to the box.

The woman turned around to him and said "I know who you are Robert Walls, I don't want to hear your opinions"

They hasseled him in the box for a while about it. I think he was quite hurt about the comment. Which is all good.

Walls, We don't care about your opinions!

It really s****ss me that people who are so obviously as stupid and misinformed as he is occupy positions of respect and fairly high salaries.

There are so many hardworking people out there who would jump at the chance to have Walls' job both on channel 10 and in The Age and they would do such a better job than him. Why do we allow this washed up hack coach of the 90's to pollute the media with his dribble?

I only hope North don't play any games that he commentates. As I said before, I will never watch another game commentated by Robert Walls that doesn't involve the kangas. Anyone else willing to do this(obviously with your respective team instead of North)?

There was a classic one where he bagged the hell out of Pavlich last year, in a patch of 5 BOGs in a row he played one bad game, which Walls happened to watch. "I haven't seen him play this year, but ... [insert bulls*t analysis and commentary]"

My favourite is listening to him talk about the day he left Silvagni on Plugger and had ten goals kicked on him, because anybody else would have had 15 goals kicked on them. And this moment alone was the foundation for Silvagni becoming full back of the century. Coaching genius!!

Or this one from a related article on why Clarkson should stick with Dawson (I'm sure 2 weeks later he was bagging Clarkson for sticking with Dawson):

"Fast forward to 1992. The Brisbane Bears were to play St Kilda at Waverley Park and regular full-back Richard Champion was out injured. Who to play on Plugger? Aha! A brain wave - Darryl White. Yes, why couldn't Whitey do the job? Sure, Plugger will kick goals because he is a champion, but Darryl will be able to use the vast spaces of Waverley to run off and create because you know Plugger won't chase.

The idea was sold to Whitey. I could tell he wasn't sure. Halfway through the third quarter, Plugger nailed his eighth. Darryl had stopped running and had to be benched. On the flight back to Brisbane, I sat next to Darryl and tried to console him. He was shattered, terribly embarrassed. When we got back to Brisbane, I didn't see him for a week. He retreated, feeling he was a failure. But Darryl picked himself up, became a triple premiership player and played off the last line of defence in all of them."

He says it like this one day, and this one day only, resulted in White winning 3 premierships.

Prize tool.

"I didn't see the game, but....".

Walls will then tell you why the winning team is wonderful, and why the losing team is ordinary.

Although he didn't see the game.

Alfonz said:
"Fast forward to 1992. The Brisbane Bears were to play St Kilda at Waverley Park and regular full-back Richard Champion was out injured. Who to play on Plugger? Aha! A brain wave - Darryl White. Yes, why couldn't Whitey do the job? Sure, Plugger will kick goals because he is a champion, but Darryl will be able to use the vast spaces of Waverley to run off and create because you know Plugger won't chase.

The idea was sold to Whitey. I could tell he wasn't sure. Halfway through the third quarter, Plugger nailed his eighth. Darryl had stopped running and had to be benched. On the flight back to Brisbane, I sat next to Darryl and tried to console him. He was shattered, terribly embarrassed. When we got back to Brisbane, I didn't see him for a week. He retreated, feeling he was a failure. But Darryl picked himself up, became a triple premiership player and played off the last line of defence in all of them."

He says it like this one day, and this one day only, resulted in White winning 3 premierships.

Prize tool.

VINTAGE robert walls!

I'd prefer Robert Walls over Caroline Wilson any day of the week. Now there is the worst football so calle dpersonality in the history of the vfl/afl !

Robert Walls rules. Caroline Wilson sucks big time :thumbsu:

You don't have to read The Age though. If you want to watch the footy on TV, and want to listen to people who know the game best explain some of the more technical aspects that the average person wouldn't know, you are forced to listen to Robert Walls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe this Australia's greatest special comments man is meant to be the oppesite. And which he is. I'd rather go to the game itself than hear his voice. He's just a disgrace to the Football Media. The only way to save his career is nothing much really.

Don't think he's commentated yet, maybe the channel 10 bosses are taking notice of bigfooty.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately they'll probably be reserving him for the Sydney Collingwood game. That game will probably get huge ratings and the poor viewers will have to put up with Robert F****ing Walls.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Sack Robert Walls thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back