Entertainment & Music The Simpsons Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What episode do you recall as being the moment you realised The Simpsons had passed it's peak and was now going downhill?

I remember getting some DVD's off a friend at school that had some eps of s16 that had yet to be shown in Aus.

Got half way through the second episode (All's Fair in Oven War) when I realised there was not much point continuing, as I hadn't enjoyed the previous episode either.

Looking through the episode guide on Wikipedia I don't recall any of the episodes from s15, however s14 I definitely remember most of them and enjoyed a few eps.

So for me even though I recall a specific episode where I realised it was no longer good, s15 appears to have been where I lost interest.
I've been ploughing through them on Disney+ starting from the very beginning and I'm currently at the end of season 13.

Season 9 is when the cracks started to appear (still a great season for the most part). Season 10 is when it started to feel like a different show. The characters changed, especially Homer infamously transitioning from a dim-witted yet kind-hearted family man to an arseh*le (Jerkass Homer) and the plots becoming more nonsensical. Basically became less of an animated sitcom and more of a cartoon.

It's still entertaining, although inconsistent, but I'll persist and see how far I can get before I feel enough is enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Entertainment & Music The Simpsons Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back