Radio The Sounding Board with Craig Hutchison & Damian Barrett (Podcast)

Remove this Banner Ad

I still don’t quite understand the point of the score card.

Means they're dropping an extra podcast during the week, clearly Hutchy's aim is to have The Sounding Board as a daily drop. More drops means more advertising, which means more money. FWIW I skip the scorecard each week, adds absolutely nothing of value. Likewise Damo's Dish doesn't interest me.

Means they're dropping an extra podcast during the week, clearly Hutchy's aim is to have The Sounding Board as a daily drop. More drops means more advertising, which means more money. FWIW I skip the scorecard each week, adds absolutely nothing of value. Likewise Damo's Dish doesn't interest me.
Can they release all bits separately, yet still on the same day?

Last edited:
Can't they release each bit separately, but still on the same day?
Nope, defeats the purpose of what they're trying to achieve. SEN has never had a Netflix style 'release it all at once' mentality, they want it to be something you visit and interact with every day rather than binge once a week (although most people probably still binge it weekly).

CH&DB: "We're going to start a footy podcast"

Producer: "Do you know much about footy?"

CH&DB: "Not exactly, but we have a lot of dirt on people who do".

Producer: "Well, I guess people lap up just about anything these days, so let's give it a try"

This was a great podcast a couple years ago and enjoyed hearing a few tricks of the trade.
I gave it up when hutch turned into mini Ed and all verbiage was just massaging interests

As soon as Hutchy went into CEO mode the podcast has gone downhill, hutch never offers opinion anymore and tries to frame any opinion he has via damo.

Anyone know when they are firing back up for 2024?

Probably post Superbowl

Hopefully we can hear about that bar in Manhattan they used to attend to watch the games at, they rarely bring it up .......

I'll time stamp the episode for you

2:15 - Taylor Swift flying back for the Superbowl, was it worth it?

4:50 - Taylor Swift in Melbourne

7:45 - The superbowl entertainment

9:25 - SEN commentary of the game

14:53 - The Mavericks enter Netball

18:42 - Simon Lethalans sacking and the timing of it

25:35 - The Aus Open, was the Sunday start a success?

31:45 - The Test Summer, the Windies were a surprise success

39:41 - Craigs Carry On

Probably post Superbowl

Hopefully we can hear about that bar in Manhattan they used to attend to watch the games at, they rarely bring it up .......

You forgot Hutchy going on about Damo’s 20 week holiday/break.

You forgot Hutchy going on about Damo’s 20 week holiday/break.

Hutchy reminds me of salt bae. He once found a winning joke that was funny once and now he's made it his entire schtik and will continue to do so until the end of his days.

Probably post Superbowl

Hahaha this is amazing

They’ll shoe horn - damo being Jb’s turtle and hutchy being surprised that JB did some work over the summer.

As the previous poster mentioned at least two references of Damo’s annual leave

And hutch will bring up the honour of SEN’s 20 years Damo will feign some sort of disdain for this but then end up being all earnest and how SEN is doing a great job despite having 0.25 share

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hahaha this is amazing

They’ll show horn - damo being Jb’s turtle and hutchy being surprised that JB did some work over the summer.

As the previous poster mentioned at least two references of Damo’s annual leave

And hutch will bring up the honour of SEN’s 20 years Damo will feign some sort of disdain for this but then end up being all earnest and how SEN is doing a great job despite having 0.25 share

“I know we joke Hutchy, and you know I’ll have digs at you, but seriously from one colleague to another and a long time friend, it’s quite amazing the job you and others have done at SEN and congratulations on 20 years”

“Thanks Damo, yeah look as you well know we’ve been some through some great times but also some hard and tougher times but to be where we are now, who would have thought 20 years ago we would have someone on SEN at media row at the Super Bowl in Vegas? Amazing to think, but the credit really has to go to people like Garry, Tim, Andy, you know I could go on but it’s been quite a journey and we aren’t done yet with where we are headed, some excited things to come”

I still generally enjoy the show while it's not the same level as the early days, reckon Craig's Carry On flying stuff is absolutely sensational and was a great addition.

Purples lack of ever being able to cop any criticism for Triple M and understanding of how Hutchy is just winding him up and playing him will never not make me laugh also

“I know we joke Hutchy, and you know I’ll have digs at you, but seriously from one colleague to another and a long time friend, it’s quite amazing the job you and others have done at SEN and congratulations on 20 years”

“Thanks Damo, yeah look as you well know we’ve been some through some great times but also some hard and tougher times but to be where we are now, who would have thought 20 years ago we would have someone on SEN at media row at the Super Bowl in Vegas? Amazing to think, but the credit really has to go to people like Garry, Tim, Andy, you know I could go on but it’s been quite a journey and we aren’t done yet with where we are headed, some excited things to come”

I’m beginning to think you’ve got a copy of the recording.

I read the whole post in their voices - too good

I’m beginning to think you’ve got a copy of the recording.

I read the whole post in their voices - too good

They’ve both been repeating themselves for at least 3 years. “Mini Damo” “can we mention the neighbours?” “That bar in manhattan for the Sunday games” “Jane off the the left wing ABC”

If not for different news items they are talking it is essentially the same discussion every week with trimmings.

Probably post Superbowl

1st episode has dropped. Thought it was decent but it more or less followed this.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

1st episode has dropped. Thought it was decent but it more or less followed this.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I didn’t account for them sneaking one in before Super Bowl and them talking about wrestling

Episode 2 dropped last night. Haven’t listened yet

Amazing to hear Hutchys version of being positive is just not having a view point on anything

Incredible listening to both of them in 100% agreeance that Australian consumers do not need an Australian influence in Superbowl commentary / presentation and that it is infinitely better when left to the Americans to provide that...... on TV only though 🤣🤣🤣. However flying Gerard across the world somehow adds to the experience?!?! (whilst back home SEN staff lose their jobs).

Incredible listening to both of them in 100% agreeance that Australian consumers do not need an Australian influence in Superbowl commentary / presentation and that it is infinitely better when left to the Americans to provide that...... on TV only though 🤣🤣🤣. However flying Gerard across the world somehow adds to the experience?!?! (whilst back home SEN staff lose their jobs).

The irony is that if SEG hadn't cut so many production staff, then they'd have had the knowledge and resourcing to cut that foot-in-mouth chat from the podcast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back