The Stadium!

What kind of stadium do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I worked in the music industry for 17 years, started off as an area manager for Brashs, then Sanity (horrible company to work for, absolute shit show!), then moved to Polygram/UMG. I met some incredible people over that time, and still have many an existing friendship with some of the acts I met along the way (Jim Kerr, John Mellencamp and Eddie Vedder are ripping blokes!), I absolutely love my music!

So respectfully Mr Tassie, what is an example of a "mid-tier" band for you?

I get frustrated when people suggest Swift, Sheeran and Coldplay (as band examples), that will play the Stadium.... they're incredibly unrealistic examples. But you're on the money with Pink and I'd chuck in Fooie's, Springsteen, The Killers and Pearl Jam. The other thing Mac Point Stadium does, is create certainty in whoever plays because of the roof (as someone mentioned earlier), no wash outs! Their are many many acts and events "Events Tasmania or Stadiums Tasmania", for want of better organisations, could target.... the roof is the key.

PS: I'm pretty sure Geoff was underestimating what kind of a crowd Iron Maiden would pull 🤘 😆
I'm thinking mid tier would be Kid Laroi or Iron Maiden. I had someone tell me they don't think Iron Maiden would even fill Mystate let alone pull 12,000 like one promoter recently said it could,how many do do you think Iron Maiden would attract down Hobart?

I'm thinking mid tier would be Kid Laroi or Iron Maiden. I had someone tell me they don't think Iron Maiden would even fill Mystate let alone pull 12,000 like one promoter recently said it could,how many do do you think Iron Maiden would attract down Hobart?
Probably around 15,000+ there abouts.

Recently, the first of their two concerts at the Allianz Parque Stadium in São Paulo, sold out in two minutes. 40,000 capacity I think?

Probably around 15,000+ there abouts.

Recently, the first of their two concerts at the Allianz Parque Stadium in São Paulo, sold out in two minutes. 40,000 capacity I think?
That would be a good turn out. I think you couldn't completely rule out Ed Sheeran considering they recently played in Dunedin NZ with half Hobart's population. I'm just interested if you know what sort of money it would cost to get a big band over the Bass Strait?

That would be a good turn out. I think you couldn't completely rule out Ed Sheeran considering they recently played in Dunedin NZ with half Hobart's population. I'm just interested if you know what sort of money it would cost to get a big band over the Bass Strait?
There's a lot of variables regarding costs, is the hire of some equipment available in Tas, is there the availability of road crew here etc etc

Do people know if the government subsidised Pinks Townsville concerts and would Tasmania likely have to to do the same to attract acts of her size to the new stadium?

Do people know if the government subsidised Pinks Townsville concerts and would Tasmania likely have to to do the same to attract acts of her size to the new stadium?
Not sure about the NT Government, but if I was to have a guess, I'd say they most likely did in some "form".

Pink and Tasmania go together, she's here heaps. She has business interests on the East Coast.

Freight equalisation exists between the mainland & here. As long as the stadium has well appointed audiovisual equipment & makes the setting up & pulling down after events efficient as possible, costs will be much reduced. All that therefore makes the putting on of large events at MacPoint, more economical & thus appealing to Promoters.

It doesn’t make the events more economical, it makes them more subsidised by federal government / tax payers.

It doesn’t make the events more economical, it makes them more subsidised by federal government / tax payers.

Economic for promoters & thus bringing them here gives economic benefit.
Anyway, tell me whats not subsidised or supported in other places? The power system in every state, the road & rail systems, the education systems, telecommunication infrastructure, all the sports stadiums across the nation.
Have I missed anything? Maybe the costs of Formula 1 in Melbourne? Anything else you think of, just let us know. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people know when the bidding process is expected to open for private investors that want to invest in the stadium?......

It seems to me that things are very quiet on this front and it seems like maybe investors have lost interest or found it isn't a good deal like many anti people have been saying. I have heard many people say that investors wouldn't go near the project,so hopefully this delay isn't because of that reason.

Do people know when the bidding process is expected to open for private investors that want to invest in the stadium?......

It seems to me that things are very quiet on this front and it seems like maybe investors have lost interest or found it isn't a good deal like many anti people have been saying. I have heard many people say that investors wouldn't go near the project,so hopefully this delay isn't because of that reason.
There is no way you're being genuine. Everything you say in this thread is classic concern trolling. This should be a board for Tasmania fans, there are other threads on the mainboard to fearmonger all this anti-stadium propaganda that you're always "hearing from many people".

141-23-9-26-12-51-43m.jpg

Last edited:

You always seem to be trying to create an issue where there isn't one. Just enjoy the ride :)

There is no way you're being genuine. Everything you say in this thread is classic concern trolling. This should be a board for Tasmania fans, there are other threads on the mainboard to fearmonger all this anti-stadium propaganda that you're always "hearing from many people".

141-23-9-26-12-51-43m.jpg
This is not the case at all. I'm just wondering if people have heard anything because the government said two months ago that they would be opening up a bidding process in a few weeks. I have had people constantly tell me that they're is no private investors because it's such a bad deal so it would be great to show people that simply isn't the case.

You always seem to be trying to create an issue where there isn't one. Just enjoy the ride :)
I guess I'm just sick of anti people saying the stadium won't attract private investment because it's such a bad deal. If we can have some evidence that their information is not correct then maybe we can turn some people in to stadium supporters.

I guess I'm just sick of anti people saying the stadium won't attract private investment because it's such a bad deal. If we can have some evidence that their information is not correct then maybe we can turn some people in to stadium supporters.
Don't stress about the anti-people. They'll always find something to complain about, but they've already lost.

I'm not saying you are for real or not.
I'm just asking you to post some positivity and leave your other concerns for others to worry about.
We've finally got a team in and that should be something to celebrate. I haven't seen a lot of that from you.
If you're not a troll(I'm not saying you are) - join in the fun of finally having a Tassie team.
If you are a troll- consider yourself found out.

Last edited:
I'm not saying you are for real or not.
I'm just asking you to post some positivity and leave you're other concerns for others to worry about.
We've finally got a team in and that should be something to celebrate. I haven't seen a lot of that from you.
If you're not a troll(I'm not saying you are) - join in the fun of finally having a Tassie team.
If you are a troll- consider yourself found out.
I'm definitely a supporter and anyone that thinks otherwise haven't seen a lot of positive things I have posted on the Tassie Devils page or Yes afl team Yes stadium page. I'm just getting a bit nervous that all the government talk about having a lot of interest about investors is going to end up not being the case. They said they would be opening up a bidding process age's ago and nothing has come of it,so I think we need to ask the question is it not really the case that investors are seriously interested in the project.

I'm definitely a supporter and anyone that thinks otherwise haven't seen a lot of positive things I have posted on the Tassie Devils page or Yes afl team Yes stadium page. I'm just getting a bit nervous that all the government talk about having a lot of interest about investors is going to end up not being the case. They said they would be opening up a bidding process age's ago and nothing has come of it,so I think we need to ask the question is it not really the case that investors are seriously interested in the project.
You've asked the questions on here and have had sufficient response and feedback.
How about we let it go for now.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:

Bidding process? What bidding process? There definitely is no bidding process Mr Tassie

Remove this Banner Ad

The Stadium!

Back